Kids who play junior footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wanted to give a quick update on J4K junior. He is doing really well in his first year playing U9, loves a bounce (or 5) and even got "tagged" in the last game (a kid followed him for about 5min but he does like to keep mentioning it). He is usually the shortest player on the ground but that doesn't stop him attacking the footy. Like all the kids, he can't wait for lockdown to finish to get back out there.
Another quick update on Junior. Still loving his footy, just finished U10 season and came 2nd in BnF (would have been third but one of our best players was out for a few games so didn't poll votes). He doesn't know yet, but will be pretty chuffed by that result. He can't wait for U11 and hopefully playing finals. Did anyone get notifications for the Junior X comp? Seems it is similar to AFLX, not the same as footy but maybe better than not kicking the ball at all in summer (he is not into cricket).

Another quick update on Junior. Still loving his footy, just finished U10 season and came 2nd in BnF (would have been third but one of our best players was out for a few games so didn't poll votes). He doesn't know yet, but will be pretty chuffed by that result. He can't wait for U11 and hopefully playing finals. Did anyone get notifications for the Junior X comp? Seems it is similar to AFLX, not the same as footy but maybe better than not kicking the ball at all in summer (he is not into cricket).
Great result for J4K Jr!!!!! Finals is a fantastic jump from juniors/zones etc.

Junior X sounds like AFL 9s up here??? Non-tackle, ball hits the ground it's a turnover etc??

Just signed my 12yo up to AFL9s for over the summer. Will be great for touch and fitness and keeping the core group of his teammates together over the summer. #9 jersey was taken so went with #6

We just finish Rd2 on Sunday here. U13 Div 2. My eldest was named captain which is a huge honour considering the talent in his team.

Rd 1 won 62-2 Rd 2 won 61-22

What else has been been junior wise???

Toes Junior’s played two rounds of U11 for one win and a loss. The comps here are packed with teams in each age group and after a few rounds they assess where each should be based on results (3 comps for U11). Skimming over results there are a few absolute thrashings so it’ll be a welcome outcome for some clubs when they are placed among sides of a similar talent level. This is also the first year we’ve faced a lot of travel, with sides based anywhere from Bundoora to Park Orchards and Brunswick, and those closer to us in the Ashburton area.

Toes Junior’s played two rounds of U11 for one win and a loss. The comps here are packed with teams in each age group and after a fee rounds they assess where each should be based on results (3 comps for U11). Skimming over results there are a few absolute thrashings so it’ll be a welcome outcome for some clubs when they are placed among sides of a similar talent level. This is also the first year we’ve faced a lot of travel, with sides based anywhere from Bundoora to Park Orchards and Brunswick, and those closer to us in the Ashburton area.
Yeah our 1st 4 rounds are grading games. After that they assess and some move up or down.

Hopefully TJr has a fun season and enjoys his footy!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Junior HB has lined up for another year of under 10s.
He is going well. He’s so much stronger than most of the other kids so he just barges through. His kicking had improved out of sight he should have a good year.

Junior Junior HB has started under 8s !
We weren’t sure how he would go as he is a gentle shy kid but Wowee he gets white line fever lol
Has blown us away how he has picked it up.

2F9C12BB-4C16-4CF6-BA39-6AF010441C5B.jpeg
0F4B615F-0CF6-4AF5-B9A7-3252600982B0.jpeg 50611F48-EE13-469E-B4EE-270A5D0D5305.jpeg 780FDE39-5CCE-45A3-A2D4-8286E610E39F.jpeg

Junior HB has lined up for another year of under 10s.
He is going well. He’s so much stronger than most of the other kids so he just barges through. His kicking had improved out of sight he should have a good year.

Junior Junior HB has started under 8s !
We weren’t sure how he would go as he is a gentle shy kid but Wowee he gets white line fever lol
Has blown us away how he has picked it up.

View attachment 1678346
View attachment 1678347View attachment 1678348View attachment 1678349
Love it!!!! Keep us up to date on their progress!!!! Video would be great!!

Tough loss but both boys played well. Twinkletoes HELLSBELLS how'd your boys go??

Won by 2pts against Heidelberg after being goalless at halftime, leaving us 2-1 for the season thus far as they try and grade the teams to better sort them into fair comps going forward.

Youngest HB played East Sunbury this week and bagged himself another 2 goals.
It’s under 8s so they don’t score but the kids still know and we won.
He’s such a shy kid but he’s got white lines fever and isn’t afraid to get amongst it which is awesome. He has height too which is an advantage.

The Bull played his last grading game against West Coburg and he was awesome.
Definitely had his head right and was switched on.
Kicked a goal and got BOG.
He’s a real leader now being one of the older boys and he loves it.
He’s just a battering ram with great skills.
Looks like we will fall into Division 2 which may be a bit above us but the team has a crack so let’s see how we go.

No pics of the youngest this week but here’s a couple of The Bull.
His face as they were walking out says it all.

84F0CAEF-3FE2-4FBB-9A0D-8ABC69288236.jpeg D2374300-C46A-4FEE-9FBD-CFF02504A9B1.jpeg

Youngest HB played East Sunbury this week and bagged himself another 2 goals.
It’s under 8s so they don’t score but the kids still know and we won.
He’s such a shy kid but he’s got white lines fever and isn’t afraid to get amongst it which is awesome. He has height too which is an advantage.

The Bull played his last grading game against West Coburg and he was awesome.
Definitely had his head right and was switched on.
Kicked a goal and got BOG.
He’s a real leader now being one of the older boys and he loves it.
He’s just a battering ram with great skills.
Looks like we will fall into Division 2 which may be a bit above us but the team has a crack so let’s see how we go.

No pics of the youngest this week but here’s a couple of The Bull.
His face as they were walking out says it all.

View attachment 1682779View attachment 1682778
The Bull means business, love it. Strong chest mark too!!!!

My 2 played in a good win last week. Youngest helped the Div 6 team last Sunday but severs is killing his game atm :'(

Severs is shocking. Both of my kids suffered from it late in their little aths days.

Toes Jnr’s side got through the divisional grading games and landed in div 2, of a total of 7 U11 divisions, playing their first game on Sunday and winning 51-37.

Severs is shocking. Both of my kids suffered from it late in their little aths days.

Toes Jnr’s side got through the divisional grading games and landed in div 2, of a total of 7 U11 divisions, playing their first game on Sunday and winning 51-37.
Any tips? heel raisers? taping? stretches??

Any tips? heel raisers? taping? stretches??

Rest was the only remedy unfortunately. When I say rest, avoid road or footpath running but also cut down on the sprinting. It’s the sprinting that brings it on and aggravates it. If it’s ever sore you can do the usual RICE stuff to ease the symptoms though, yes. Good luck!

Similar to earlier contributions, the with soccer. We had the 4 matches and gradings and off we go. My best little mate was a flying right winger, but after watching a bit more of Melbourne City, and Marco Tilio being the perfect role model, he's switched to the left. He has nice feet and a very nice shot on him. He runs the wing old school style, so it's crowd pleasing running with the ball, looks good. He takes the corners as he has a nice dead ball and has slotted a couple away so far this season. His celebrations though are gonna get him killed. His first was the Ronaldo thing the kids do, over by the corner flag, then he did the "loser dance" across the front of all the oppositions family and bench. Omg!! Then last week he took off and did the Penguin slide in front of the opposition.
And last wednesday he started training with the Melbourne City Football School. He's not been invited, it's a junior school thing that MCFC run, but he has a point or 2 of difference and I have just chucked him into the system and we'll see how he goes. It's still pretty exciting though.

Attachments

• 344075007_793710635656415_7101211685271514070_n.jpg
    344075007_793710635656415_7101211685271514070_n.jpg
    449 KB · Views: 21
Similar to earlier contributions, the with soccer. We had the 4 matches and gradings and off we go. My best little mate was a flying right winger, but after watching a bit more of Melbourne City, and Marco Tilio being the perfect role model, he's switched to the left. He has nice feet and a very nice shot on him. He runs the wing old school style, so it's crowd pleasing running with the ball, looks good. He takes the corners as he has a nice dead ball and has slotted a couple away so far this season. His celebrations though are gonna get him killed. His first was the Ronaldo thing the kids do, over by the corner flag, then he did the "loser dance" across the front of all the oppositions family and bench. Omg!! Then last week he took off and did the Penguin slide in front of the opposition.
And last wednesday he started training with the Melbourne City Football School. He's not been invited, it's a junior school thing that MCFC run, but he has a point or 2 of difference and I have just chucked him into the system and we'll see how he goes. It's still pretty exciting though.
That's awesome!!!! I'd kill my 2 for celebrating like that but I hear soccer is quite different in that regard.

I bought hell raise things for his severs and he seemed to move a little better. He had our only 2 goals for the first half. We lost by 10 points unfortunately :'(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back