Society/Culture Jordan B Peterson

Remove this Banner Ad

So he thinks people avoid personal problems by taking a stance on climate change instead of making their bed?

Groundbreaking stuff
Funny thing is JP so obviously aimed that at the left when it could be applied to MAGAs who take a stance on building the wall, the war on woke etc instead of dealing with their personal BS.

Funny thing is JP so obviously aimed that at the left when it could be applied to MAGAs who take a stance on building the wall, the war on woke etc instead of dealing with their personal BS.
that would be why Kram thinks its true

Friends and neighbours is actually being kind.

It generally strangers they don't even know on the internets.
If only there was a way to not read stuff you don't want to read.

(Except me. You can't block me.)

Also people they don't know IRL, i still see Yes signs out the front of houses and the tshirts around for example.
Has it occurred to you these people might have genuinely held beliefs? It feels like dismissing them as virtue signallers is some people's way of rationalising their own opinions. I don't believe in that so they can't possibly either...

Has it occurred to you these people might have genuinely held beliefs? It feels like dismissing them as virtue signallers is some people's way of rationalising their own opinions. I don't believe in that so they can't possibly either...

Of course they might believe in the cause, i get that. But I'm not sure you could call it anything else other than virtue signalling if you're still campaigning (no swear filter) for a vote that has already happened.

Of course they might believe in the cause, i get that. But I'm not sure you could call it anything else other than virtue signalling if you're still campaigning (no swear filter) for a vote that has already happened.
They can re do things.

Gay rights went for marriage equality a few times granted never to a vote but quitting a cause because something didn’t get up (ala the voice) would be pretty ******* depressing.

They can re do things.

Gay rights went for marriage equality a few times granted never to a vote but quitting a cause because something didn’t get up (ala the voice) would be pretty ******* depressing.

I'm not asking for people to give up on indigenous rights, but it's fair to say that Voice vote is one and done, probably worth pursuing some sort of other action.

I'm not asking for people to give up on indigenous rights, but it's fair to say that Voice vote is one and done, probably worth pursuing some sort of other action.
Imma be honest man, if Indigenous Australians want a voice, im gonna listen to them and keep pushing where i can for it.

Just like i listened to my LGBTIQ+ community about gay marriage.

Just like i listened to....

Etc, etc.

It's just marketing. Social proof.

People have not forgotten. Here's my contribution to keeping the idea alive.

Virtue signalling is about sharing opinions you don't really hold just to get kudos on social media.

Leaving a political campaign sign up on your fence? Unless you don't really believe it, that's not virtue signalling.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's just marketing. Social proof.

People have not forgotten. Here's my contribution to keeping the idea alive.

Virtue signalling is about sharing opinions you don't really share just to get kudos on social media.

Leaving a political campaign sign up on your fence? Unless you don't really believe it, that's not virtue signalling.

Have you taken down your Kevin07 posters yet?

He was his best on the q and a episode a few years back.

"No. I think that generally people have things that are more within their personal purview that are difficult to deal with, and that they’re avoiding, and generally the way they avoid them is by adopting pseudo-moralistic stances on large scale social issues so they look good to their friends and their neighbours."

It's just so true.
lol, the guy guy admitted he was a pill popping pr0n addict!
He should learn to clean his own room before word salading anyone else about their morals!👍

"No. I think that generally people have things that are more within their personal purview that are difficult to deal with, and that they’re avoiding,

The bit of truth followed by...

and generally the way they avoid them is by adopting pseudo-moralistic stances on large scale social issues so they look good to their friends and their neighbours."

... the full fan-service dump.

Predictably what he said is unpopular because it hit right home to how it really is.
He seemed to be saying if A then B. The only response to that mental state is to be overly concerned with "fake" environmental issues and the like?

I don't think anyone here really holds JP on high regard any more.

He keeps on getting angrier and lazier:

Seems he has some basic valid questions or ideas (some might perjoratively call "thought bubbles") that he simply didn't put any effort into following up on and adding some meat to, in order to turn them into an actual point. Just relying on trying to win some rhetorical joust.

Also perhaps his medication was wearing off in this.

Seems he has some basic valid questions or ideas (some might perjoratively call "thought bubbles") that he simply didn't put any effort into following up on and adding some meat to, in order to turn them into an actual point. Just relying on trying to win some rhetorical joust.
Not sure what your idea of a valid question is as I'm not going to watch this

But there's an entire reality that is people not directly impacted by something approach it as a thought bubble because there is no actual consequences to them behind anything
Also perhaps his medication was wearing off in this.
Not cool

Remove this Banner Ad

Back