News Joel Garner signs for Richmond VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Garner was on SEN today. Looking to play VFL if he doesn't get signed. He said no AFL club has talked to him, so the Brisbane rumours are false.

South Adelaide wanted to sign him but he would rather live on the Yarra river, 90mins from Melbourne.
hasn't discovered the charms of the Onkaparinga river?

good on him for telling the sanfl parasites to * off

Apparently he has signed with our VFL team hopefully he does well and gets another chance at AFL level

And he'll be making the trip to and from Whitten Oval from his home suburb Wandin who are, themselves, the Bulldogs.

Apparently he has signed with our VFL team hopefully he does well and gets another chance at AFL level
Good pick up. Higher ceiling than you might expect.

Size and speed are issues, but commitment unquestionable and genuine leadership attributes. Wouldnt guarantee it, but definitely capable of a look at AFL level.

What happened to Joel's younger brother? He was a highly touted draft option at one time, did he ever make it onto a list?

Dunno, but I think he was in Hawthorn's NGA catchment a year or so after we drafted Joel and I was worried that it might end up luring Joel into Clarko's clutches, like a few others :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh I don't think anyone ever thought he was a superstar, just that he showed enough to be deserved a few more games when we were gifting games in an irrelevant season to players that were about to be de-listed.

His ceiling was Maynard-esque... if he got to even 60% of that he could have been a solid role player for us.

We make so many stupid decisions like that - not giving blokes a go, cutting them, then asking "what if?"... while those in the syndicate get gold passes for life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back