News Joel Garner signs for Richmond VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately per his Instagram he's been delisted
Didn’t we know this? Didn’t this get announce when Hammer was delisted?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still believe he could be a good quality 150+ gamer somewhere.
I thought his last half of this season was great. He was able to really impose himself in the game. IMO he is worth keeping on the list as a rookie. Just never given much of an opportunity, with others (often undeservedly) being in the same role ahead of him.

I thought his last half of this season was great. He was able to really impose himself in the game. IMO he is worth keeping on the list as a rookie. Just never given much of an opportunity, with others (often undeservedly) being in the same role ahead of him.
Might still happen.

I'm not sure about players undeservedly being ahead of him though.

It won't happen, normally they'd state that he'd be re-rookied.
I thought they could only re-rookie at the draft. Seen it previously where players have been told they'll get re-rookied if nobody else picks them up..

Not sure on specifics, but we could do a lot worse than picking him up again.

Always liked Garner when I saw him in the Maggies.
Maybe he lacks burst speed and a long kick for a small defender?
Or maybe he's the square peg in Ken's round hole of a game plan?

I thought they could only re-rookie at the draft. Seen it previously where players have been told they'll get re-rookied if nobody else picks them up..

Not sure on specifics, but we could do a lot worse than picking him up again.
Thats the point, normally if a club is going to shift a player to the rookie list by delisting them then redrafting them as a rookie, they state that intention when announcing the delisting.

Thats the point, normally if a club is going to shift a player to the rookie list by delisting them then redrafting them as a rookie, they state that intention when announcing the delisting.
I agree, I think that is a normal procedure. But I am 100% positive I have seen clubs delist a player, then that player suddenly appears along with the pre-season training boys, and a report released that they might get rookied in the rookie draft.

A very faint chance, but I really hope so.

Garner was on SEN today. Looking to play VFL if he doesn't get signed. He said no AFL club has talked to him, so the Brisbane rumours are false.

South Adelaide wanted to sign him but he would rather live on the Yarra river, 90mins from Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back