Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - You were always one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

Hang on, isn't it Rozee who has been made captain due to being the best player on the team despite the apparent absence of on field leadership traits such as physical toughness, ability to stand up in big moments and big games, etc? How did that conversation get flipped?

The fact the opposing coach had to sub off their only ruck half way through the second quarter, to bring someone on to tag him is being undersold. That is completely unheard of. I’ve never seen a tactical sub being made in the first half ever, let alone only 10 mins into the second quarter. Stanley wasn’t even playing that bad, it was purely to stop JHF.
It was an incredibly good move by their coach. Turned the game but didn't stop JHF. I always thought Jason would be a very good player down the track but he is already approaching 'greatness'.

Hang on, isn't it Rozee who has been made captain due to being the best player on the team despite the apparent absence of on field leadership traits such as physical toughness, ability to stand up in big moments and big games, etc? How did that conversation get flipped?
Rozee sulked on the bench last week, therefore we should trade him.

Nope, it was 100% the tag. He got the hard tag, not just a bit of a run with. Mullin followed him everywhere.

I am well aware of the hard tag, but I disagree that it was the reason he drifted in and out of the game. He has drifted in and out of games consistently during his entire Port career to date, regardless of whether or not he's been tagged. He is still a 20 year old kid who lacks the tank to have an impactful 4 quarters in the guts. In time this is no doubt going to improve.

The talent is there, just needs more time to naturally develop into his body. The two comparable players to JHF in this current era of the game imo are Dangerfield and Petracca. Dangerfield broke out as a player at the age of 22 (his 5th year in the league), whilst Petracca didn't until the age of 24 (his 6th year in the league). JHF is well ahead of those players at the same stage of their respective careers.

Well these boards are fickle just like Wines is a hero again after his first decent game in god knows how long.

What a fantastic game by the Hornet and to be tagged at 20, well, he's going to build his body and get even better.

Super influential and kept at it.

He missed an easy goal that couldn't iced the game but apart from that, just sensational.

Until JHF develops a good left foot kick, he will never catch Russell. But there are a lot of similar traits. Strength is the biggest of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back