Player Watch Francis Evans

Remove this Banner Ad

In one quarter he kicked 2 goals, handed off one and hit the goal post. His tackling was good and unlike anyone else he lead up the bloke with the ball. His business and forward craft were excellent. He's probably going to have to wait for his shot because others are wrongfully rated above him and it takes time for coaches to admit they were wrong.
A few more months in our system will transform him into a fumbly, inaccurate, risk-averse, bollard.

Goals are more valuable than tackles - could have had 4 yesterday.

Stoked to see him perform well i'd back him in to play early.

Goals are more valuable than tackles - could have had 4 yesterday.

Stoked to see him perform well i'd back him in to play early.
2 goals v Freo and one spoiled on the line, in what looked like half a game or less. Pretty much what Sam Powell-Pepper and Orazio Fantasia scored. Better than any of Dixon, Marshall or Georgiades. Has to be played R1.

This has Wade Thompson vibes.

Nothing like Wade Thompson, he has a good year in the VFL and kicked quite a few goals there. Just couldn’t crack in to the star studded Geelong forward line. This isn’t completely out of the blue.

More Jason Davenport for me, probably won’t play a huge amount of games but will have a bit of an impact when he does.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A few more months in our system will transform him into a fumbly, inaccurate, risk-averse, bollard.

Already kicked 3 more goals than him but still a long way to go to match Tom Bollard's VFL/AFL records ;)

Nothing like Wade Thompson, he has a good year in the VFL and kicked quite a few goals there. Just couldn’t crack in to the star studded Geelong forward line. This isn’t completely out of the blue.

More Jason Davenport for me, probably won’t play a huge amount of games but will have a bit of an impact when he does.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Damn it if only we played him against west coast !

RD1-V-CROWS-58.jpg
RD1-V-CROWS-59.jpg

Damn it if only we played him against west coast !
With Rioli’s imminent suspension, Evans should be given a chance this week.
Albeit, third time lucky, he well deserves a full game after being the sub twice.

Ironically, he was signed as insurance for Fanta; well before we had been contemplating chasing after Rioli.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 3 seasons Francis Evans has played 10 games (7 for Geelong, 3 for Port). 5 of which he was the sub in, one of those he wasn't even subbed on for, but it still counts as a game for him. He is yet to lose a game.
He currently holds the record for most career games without losing a game, overtaking Eric Cochran from 1912 who was 9-0. At some point he will probably lose a game and lose this record, but how long will that take?

Good contribiton from Frank the Tank in his first full game for Port today. 2 goals and a narrow miss and 2 goal assists (best for Port), 14 possesions, 1 clearance and 2 tackles.

Good first full game. He seems a bit more powerful and a bit more I guess the word is proactive, likes to take the game on, wants to find the ball, kick goals, etc. It will be interesting to watch him play and she whether he continues to climb. I kinda like him already.

Powerful unit for a small forward, something in that Geelong air. Not flashy but no nonsense hard at it type. Forward mix of Spp , McEntee, Evans, DBJ, Dixon, not flashy types but all hard nuts, should be interesting to see how far it takes us.

In the 2 game head to head between Evans and McEntee created by Rioli's suspension, both played well. You'd have to give it to Evans on points though, based on more disposals and score involvements. He just looks more dangerous with the ball too.

Who will take out the title v Melbourne? Given the ball possibly won't hit the deck in our forward 50 for the entire game, maybe neither.

In the 2 game head to head between Evans and McEntee created by Rioli's suspension, both played well. You'd have to give it to Evans on points though, based on more disposals and score involvements. He just looks more dangerous with the ball too.

Who will take out the title v Melbourne? Given the ball possibly won't hit the deck in our forward 50 for the entire game, maybe neither.
Yes, It will be interesting to see who drops out when Rioli comes back in.

One of McEntee's goals was a hand ball receive from Evans the other, the punch free kick reversal in the goal square.
Evans has shown he can break tackles; we have a few players who, when tackled, simply collapse and fold up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back