January 6 hearings.

Remove this Banner Ad

He sometimes misses but this one from Colbert hits home I think...

Interested to know if the Carlson BS is getting any 'serious' mention in the other club boards? There are a couple of 'I told you' and 'what about that' type posts coming up in the Port board but mostly from the usuals.

We can all laugh but I can't help but get annoyed at concocted lies and half truths peddling as facts. More fool me in engaging with them because it always goes down the same idiotic rabbit holes.

And the Carlson tactic of little unanswered questions with a narrative to suggest what can surely be the only answer. Like edited video without audio 'clearly showing the guards trying to 'open/unlock' the doors for Chansley to help him access the Senate floor'. Once you're told what a picture might be it's hard to see it any other way, right? Certainly if you've already swallowed the whole 6 Jan conspiracy BS previously or even if you're a moderate with a functioning brain who believes there are are always 2 sides to every story and both have a semblance of truth.

Reminds me of how the 'fake' moon landings conspiracy started - 'leaked shadows on the moon proves the images were faked' that sort of thing.

Last edited:

He sometimes misses but this one from Colbert hits home I think...

Interested to know if the Carlson BS is getting any 'serious' mention in the other club boards? There are a couple of 'I told you' and 'what about that' type posts coming up in the Port board but mostly from the usuals.

We can all laugh but I can't help but get annoyed at concocted lies and half truths peddling as facts. More fool me in engaging with them because it always goes down the same idiotic rabbit holes.

And the Carlson tactic of little unanswered questions with a narrative to suggest what can surely be the only answer. Like edited video without audio 'clearly showing the guards trying to 'open/unlock' the doors for Chansley to help him access the Senate floor'. Once you're told what a picture might be it's hard to see it any other way, right? Certainly if you've already swallowed the whole 6 Jan conspiracy BS previously or even if you're a moderate with a functioning brain who believes there are are always 2 sides to every story and both have a semblance of truth.

Reminds me of how the 'fake' moon landings conspiracy started - 'leaked shadows on the moon proves the images were faked' that sort of thing.

I'm just still trying to work out why non-violent participants cancel out the violent ones :drunk:

I'm sure you said the same when the BLM protests were happening. I am in agreement with Biden, the DNC & the Jan 6 committee that the Jan 6 insurrection was worse than 911 & Pearl Harbour combined
Sure did actually lol

You won't find any posts from me excusing any violence, property damage or looting that occurred, and you might note that unlike Tucker, Donnie and half the GOP in relation to J6 I'm not currently arguing for the 10,000 or so arrested at various BLM protests to be absolved from any consequence whatsoever.

Last edited:
So Kevin McCarthy/Tucker Carlson releasing all the footage to the public = bad because they are slanting the information to push a certain narrative about the days events ?

Vs Jan 6 committee not releasing all the footage, cherry picking footage to push a certain narrative about the days events = good.

Just trying to understand the outrage/rationale on this one.

So Kevin McCarthy/Tucker Carlson releasing all the footage to the public = bad because they are slanting the information to push a certain narrative about the days events ?

Vs Jan 6 committee not releasing all the footage, cherry picking footage to push a certain narrative about the days events = good.

Its bad because Tucker et al are pretending all the footage of people milling around somehow cancels out all the footage of people smashing their way in, assaulting police etc. Trump has literally called for all those imprisoned due to their activities on Jan 6 to be released based on it. Coz apparently it doesn't matter that they came with bats and pepper spray, smashed stuff and assaulted police - as long as there were also some people milling around doing not much elsewhere in the building all good boys, assault away :drunk:

Were you expecting the Jan 6 committee to show people milling around and claim that was the main issue or something?

Last edited:

Tucker is not releasing all the footage though

View attachment 1625387

Yah, this guy has credibility........
Says the guy who created a burner account just to post on the issue of Jan 6 hearings in the depths of a footy forum.

Any prizes for guessing your real/alt account?

So Kevin McCarthy/Tucker Carlson releasing all the footage to the public = bad did not happen.

FTFY.

You seem also not to realise that the few minutes of footage shown by Carlson has previously been aired as part of an HBO special back in 2021. In context.

That's not true either, now is it?

Perhaps you should have a discussion with your alt account to clear things up for you. Or maybe...leave the building, Elvis.

FTFY.

You seem also not to realise that the few minutes of footage shown by Carlson has previously been aired as part of an HBO special back in 2021. In context.
It really is amazing that, for all the conservative whining about the extra 78 million hours of footage they needed to see, when Tucker finally gets his hands on it the best he can do with it is wow look at all these people milling around and cops walking with the Q shaman bloke.

More amazing still that anyone would treat this as some kind of revelation. Surely no one could argue with a straight face they weren't previously aware there were people there on the day who weren't violent. Remember Andrew "normal tourist visit" Clyde? I assume he wasn't talking about the people on video smashing their way in lol.

It really is amazing that, for all the conservative whining about the extra 78 million hours of footage they needed to see, when Tucker finally gets his hands on it the best he can do with it is wow look at all these people milling around and cops walking with the Q shaman bloke.

More amazing still that anyone would treat this as some kind of revelation. Surely no one could argue with a straight face they weren't previously aware there were people there on the day who weren't violent. Remember Andrew "normal tourist visit" Clyde? I assume he wasn't talking about the people on video smashing their way in lol.
It's pretty clear that the US has an abnormally large % of their population (but still small in relative terms) who are hooked on the idea that there is a giant government-run conspiracy that has been running largely undetected in their country for many decades. It is a conspiracy that involves jews, people of colour, immigrants, liberals, homosexuals, Democrats, educated people - the list goes on. Coincidentally, these co-conspirators represent everything the people who believe in the conspiracy are not - who would have thought??

So here's the nub. I have this great money making idea that is just perfect for the inter-connected digital era if anyone is interested in co-investing:

Create a TV network that is linked to all forms of social media that directly services this section of the population. Something that not only plays to this group's irrational fear of everything that is not like them, but which builds on the notion of a global conspiracy that is denying them the control, power and wealth that they have been denied for so many years.

Critical to this idea, of course, is to promote the notion that the existing media (ie. our business competitors) are also in on this global conspiracy. Doing that could see us create an international media network that actually turns a profit at a time when audiences for traditional media is falling and no one is prepared to pay anything for decent facts-based journalism.

Of course, none of us actually have to believe in this BS. In fact in order to have the smarts to make it work it's best if we don't. 'Pretending' to believe in our own BS so that the masses follow is the key here. Some smooth talking and carefully crafted and suggestive still shots and video excerpts building on half truths is all it would take is what I'm thinking.

If this idea starts to get traction it would be really great if we could find a narcissistic vaudevillian with deep pockets whose belief in his/her abilities is so lacking in self reflection we could use them as a platform for taking our investment to the national/ international stage.

I know it sounds like madness but I reckon it might just work...

The goal is to get all these friggin' angry ants in the same room actually thinking they agree on something. That every little thing that has given them grief in their lives, from their shitty school results to them losing out on that last job is all part of an orchestrated plan - it gives them a reason to blame someone else. It's all about blame not resolution.

In the words of Baltimore legend H. L. Mencken :"no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people"

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's pretty clear that the US has an abnormally large % of their population (but still small in relative terms) who are hooked on the idea that there is a giant government-run conspiracy that has been running largely undetected in their country for many decades. It is a conspiracy that involves jews, people of colour, immigrants, liberals, homosexuals, Democrats, educated people - the list goes on. In fact, coincidentally, these co-conspirators represent everything the people who believe in the conspiracy are not.

I have this great money making idea that is just perfect for the inter-connected digital era if anyone is interested in co-investing.

Create a TV network that is linked to all forms of social media that directly services this section of the population. Something that not only plays to this group's irrational fear of everything that is not like them, but which builds on the notion of a global conspiracy that is denying them the control, power and wealth that they have been denied for so many years.

Critical to this idea, of course, is to promote the notion that the existing media (ie. our business competitors) are also in on this global conspiracy.

Of course, none of us actually have to believe in this BS. In fact in order to have the smarts to make it work it's best if we don't. 'Pretending' to believe so that the masses follow is the key here. Some smooth talking and carefully crafted and suggestive still shots and video excerpts building on half truths is all it would take.

If this idea starts to get traction it would be really great if we could find a narcissistic vaudevillian with deep pockets who could use it as a platform for taking it to the national/ international stage.

I know it sounds like madness but I reckon it might just work...

In the words of Baltimore legend H. L. Mencken :"no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people"

Hey, I'm a believer. There really is a Star Chamber, a Cabal, and a Priory of Sion. They run the world. They even made movies about them. :winkv1:

Sadly that won't have the effect on the conspiracy theorists that you think it might, because facts and concepts of logic and critical thinking really are a foreign language to these idiots. With limited attention spans and cohabiting in a fishbowl world disconnected from reality, after a day or so of concocted outrage they've moved on to hunt for the next snippet of half truths and outright lies that is cast their way - spending the time between 'reveals' sharing chemtrail counts with each other.

Sadly that won't have the effect on the conspiracy theorists that you think it might, because facts and concepts of logic and critical thinking really are a foreign language to these idiots. With limited attention spans and cohabiting in a fishbowl world disconnected from reality, after a day or so of concocted outrage they've moved on to hunt for the next snippet of half truths and outright lies that is cast their way - spending the time between 'reveals' sharing chemtrail counts with each other.
And as we see above the minimisation

''worse than Pearl harbour and 9/11?''

Just going off what the commander in chief says:

View attachment 1627706
Didnt post the link I see

He was ''ripped'' by Trump supporters and Conservatives. Shocked I am.

Of the examples given none directly attacked the sitting house of Federal Government

Has Biden put mayo on - sure but its no great stretch - given Margies divorce comments - to suggest there is a Civil War looming and one started by Jan 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back