Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly right, I was very keen for us to trade out our injury prone types whilst they still had some currency...Moore, Elliot, Shaz.

The fact that Longmuir head hunted him says a lot!

No one would give what we wanted for Moore and his Body seems to becoming Good

Aish was a shite winger for Collingwood. That’s why he ended up playing as a small defender which is where he played his best footy.

He wasn’t in our best 18 players. At best, he was narrowly in our best 22, yet he was earning in the vicinity of $400k as was the understanding when he joined Collingwood as a promising young midfielder. He was earning far too much value for his ability and role in the team. Sure we could have kept him, but it might have cost us De Goey or Moore. Who would you rather?

He was frequently injured, and always took a few weeks to get back into the swing of things after returning from injury. Only after a long run of continuity did he put together a consistent run of footy.

He was an awful big game player and only was a noticeable contributor when we were well on top in games (i.e. when he had the full support of a strong defence around him). When we were struggling, he was always at the centre of players letting us down. Downhill skier of the highest order.

Quaynor and Noble will surpass him in no time. Why are rookies expected to play like 200 gamers and are subsequently dismissed by many when they aren’t the bees knees from the get go? Have we learnt nothing from the growth of Maynard?

We had players behind who should gone before him.

We could not start talking a Contract until Grundy,Moore and De Goey made there Descion.

Longmire knew that and Offered him more Security
There were no other players behind him who were out of contract who could be forced out, and no takers for the ones who were under contract but on the table. At the end of the day he could have stayed Dave, but he didn’t, so you need to move on from this notion that he was pushed out of the club. He received a good offer from a rival and we didn’t stand in his way and got reasonable compensation for him. Sometimes these things happen.

Aish was a shite winger for Collingwood. That’s why he ended up playing as a small defender which is where he played his best footy.

He wasn’t in our best 18 players. At best, he was narrowly in our best 22, yet he was earning in the vicinity of $400k as was the understanding when he joined Collingwood as a promising young midfielder. He was earning far too much value for his ability and role in the team. Sure we could have kept him, but it might have cost us De Goey or Moore. Who would you rather?

He was frequently injured, and always took a few weeks to get back into the swing of things after returning from injury. Only after a long run of continuity did he put together a consistent run of footy.

He was an awful big game player and only was a noticeable contributor when we were well on top in games (i.e. when he had the full support of a strong defence around him). When we were struggling, he was always at the centre of players letting us down. Downhill skier of the highest order.

Quaynor and Noble will surpass him in no time. Why are rookies expected to play like 200 gamers and are subsequently dismissed by many when they aren’t the bees knees from the get go? Have we learnt nothing from the growth of Maynard?
I’m still not convinced that Noble is going to become a long term prospect for us. He was exposed badly for size and power this week. When a midget like Jack Higgins can push you around like you’re nothing then alarm bells have to start ringing. I’m hoping IQ can usurp him this year and relegate him to handy depth.

I’m still not convinced that Noble is going to become a long term prospect for us. He was exposed badly for size and power this week. When a midget like Jack Higgins can push you around like you’re nothing then alarm bells have to start ringing. I’m hoping IQ can usurp him this year and relegate him to handy depth.
Only 7 games into his career; he’ll keep improving. Higgins is a smart player and can work players off the ball. Thursday was probably Noble’s worst showing so far, but he deserves a longer run.

No one would give what we wanted for Moore and his Body seems to becoming Good
Dunno, they were offering a first and second rounder for Daniher from memory. He’s in a similar boat. Premiership’s aren’t built around stars that sit on the sidelines injured. In any case we made our decision on Moore, so we stick with it.

Beams is the bigger issue, chewing up salary cap. We just need to * him off let him colour in at his warehouse, my blood boils. With that and potentially Langdon and Reid retiring I reckon we can go for A big key forward. Trade Cox as well.

While I liked Aish his performance yesterday doesn’t give me much “FOMO”. Played a pretty solid game as a full time midfielder, something he would never do at the Pies. Only 3 other players for Freo went over 20 disposals, in comparison we had 8 against a much higher quality opposition in Richmond compared to the lions.

Freo aren’t blessed with too many gun mids, granted a few of their kids will come on, so I think Aish will be a very solid midfielder for them but not more so than any of Adams, Treloar and our bunch of kids.

While I liked Aish his performance yesterday doesn’t give me much “FOMO”. Played a pretty solid game as a full time midfielder, something he would never do at the Pies. Only 3 other players for Freo went over 20 disposals, in comparison we had 8 against a much higher quality opposition in Richmond compared to the lions.

Freo aren’t blessed with too many gun mids, granted a few of their kids will come on, so I think Aish will be a very solid midfielder for them but not more so than any of Adams, Treloar and our bunch of kids.
But certainly more so than Beams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like you I was a fan of Aish and was pissed off that he was traded to allow Beams to come to us. He obviously played really well today. I did not see the game but on the Fremantle big footy board he has been placed 2nd or 3rd best player by a number of voters. A really bad decision to let him go. I sure would prefer him in defence to Noble who will never be a replacement for Aish.

Aish wasn't traded to allow Beams to come to us.

Aish was out of contract in 2018 and signed a two year through to the end of 2020. His salary was already in the cap locked in when we decided to pursue Beams at the end of 2018. Aish and Beams spent a year at Collingwood together.

Aish moved because his management wanted to open up extension talks beyond 2020 last year, and we told him that there are others out of contract that were more pressing (Grundy, De Goey and Moore specifically). We couldn't guarantee him the type of security he was after or the salary he would have been seeking so we said "go my son, with our blessing, seek your fortunes." Lo and behold Freo came knocking with a 3 year deal, probably at more money than we were going to offer him after signing our stars.

Aish was out of contract in 2018 and signed a two year through to the end of 2020. His salary was already in the cap locked in when we decided to pursue Beams at the end of 2018. Aish and Beams spent a year at Collingwood together.

Aish moved because his management wanted to open up extension talks beyond 2020 last year, and we told him that there are others out of contract that were more pressing (Grundy, De Goey and Moore specifically). We couldn't guarantee him the type of security he was after or the salary he would have been seeking so we said "go my son, with our blessing, seek your fortunes." Lo and behold Freo came knocking with a 3 year deal, probably at more money than we were going to offer him after signing our stars.
You are correct. I got my years confused and forgot they were both at the club together last year. Still wish we had kept him.

Aish over scharenberg every day of the week

Shaz is cooked

I reckon he could play the role that Vlaustin plays for Tigers.

Shaz reads the play and ball extremely well.

Unfortunately for him he either gets KPF or bloody small forwards to play on...he's a medium def who is very skilled at sagging off and being 3rd in when given the opportunity.

He left because he did not have a Secure Future at Collingwood and Longmiure Rated him and Pounced

Unfortunately for him he either gets KPF or bloody small forwards to play on...he's a medium def who is very skilled at sagging off and being 3rd in when given the opportunity.

The issue for Shaz is that his ideal match up is similarly lacking in athleticism. With those types, not all teams have a good match up and when they do I suspect we'd prefer to go more attacking than Shaz and have Howe peel off and dominate the air or Crisp run off them.

The issue for Shaz is that his ideal match up is similarly lacking in athleticism. With those types, not all teams have a good match up and when they do I suspect we'd prefer to go more attacking than Shaz and have Howe peel off and dominate the air or Crisp run off them.

Yup and his next option is to go forward.

If he is to have a career at pies he needs to be moved.

Outside of that has to look elsewhere at another club our has well and truly pigeonholed him.

Biggest Issue for Schaz I think he been Injured longer then he been Fit Very Sadly

If only Shaz had Vlaustin’s pace and/or physicality.

You are correct. I got my years confused and forgot they were both at the club together last year. Still wish we had kept him.
Aish probably knew that there was no guarantee that he would be offered a contract at all. I know back in 2018 he was nervous about getting the contract extension for that year, especially after that knee injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back