The Bulldogs list looks very very expensive

Bont
JUH
Darcy
Libba
MacRae
Smith
English
They won't keep all of Naughton, JUH and Darcy long term. It's the KPFs who get the long term big money offers and one of them will be a deal too much they can't match.

Bont will also cost them a lot but probably stay as club captain.

They won't keep all of Naughton, JUH and Darcy long term. It's the KPFs who get the long term big money offers and one of them will be a deal too much they can't match.

Bont will also cost them a lot but probably stay as club captain.
Darcy is a 3rd generation Bulldog.

Naughton's contracted for 8 years.

JUH has been at the club as an NGA since he was 14.

Bont's a reasonable chance to stay, I'd think.

But thanks for your insights - you've been a big help 👍

I mean, he's managed 1 goal per game for the season so far, so not exactly setting the world on fire.

Feel he'd be far more valuable in defence initially. Not like he can't be swung forward in games.
I've always thought of Naughton as a ruckman.

Darcy is a 3rd generation Bulldog.

Naughton's contracted for 8 years.

JUH has been at the club as an NGA since he was 14.

Bont's a reasonable chance to stay, I'd think.

But thanks for your insights - you've been a big help 👍
I'm sure they'll all take massive paycuts to stay. Who do you think slips out or you going to pay all those 4 a million plus a year?

Bont won't leave agree but to keep those 3 KPPs considering the offers they will get, salary cap wise that's a lot of coin tied up.

Maybe it's the flow on effect and someone else slips out.

I'm sure they'll all take massive paycuts to stay. Who do you think slips out or you going to pay all those 4 a million plus a year?

Bont won't leave agree but to keep those 3 KPPs considering the offers they will get, salary cap wise that's a lot of coin tied up.

It will be Smith and maybe English who leave.

Smith replaceable, English a star but not the most vital position on the ground.

Dogs need to keep their KPP’s together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

John Ralph just said he has been offered 11 - 12 year deals from rival clubs. Whoa.
11-12 years is just ridiculous to me. I am fine although nervous about the 6-7 year deals but 10+ is just wild.

Careers get cut short all the time, who knows what a player will be like in 5-6 years but bloody 12? You could end up with like 5 years of essentially dead cap.

11-12 years is just ridiculous to me. I am fine although nervous about the 6-7 year deals but 10+ is just wild.

Careers get cut short all the time, who knows what a player will be like in 5-6 years but bloody 12? You could end up with like 5 years of essentially dead cap.
Buddy deal seemed to work okay although, Franklin had won 2 premierships & was an established superstar.

I can't say JUH is comparable although he is potentially a rising superstar, to me his game looks to be always improving looks stronger and is pretty agile moves really well for a big guy.

Clubs more & more desperate for quality key forwards, that's why the deals seem over the top their hard to get & don't always come around in every draft.

Based on current output he's not worth a million a season. And I certainly wouldn't pay that much on "potential ceiling".

Cost of living has skewed everything upwards - petrol, bread, milk, fruit, sport players!!

He's the most promising key forward in the game, he's worth that and more. He's a set and build your side around KPF.

Also with the new CBA a million a year ain't what it was. Players have to buy bread too.

Most clubs will have multiple $1m+ players on their list once the massive TPP kicks in from 2025.

We'll lose Smith and possibly English for next year anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back