Confirmed Jamarra Ugle-Hagan [re-signed for 2 more years]

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be happy for him to walk if he wants 700k or more. Not worth it. A forward line of Naughton and JUH getting paid more than McKay and Curnow. What a joke.

Would be happy for him to walk if he wants 700k or more. Not worth it. A forward line of Naughton and JUH getting paid more than McKay and Curnow. What a joke.

Silly post. Just needs an adequate fwd coach and a fresh senior coach who is able to get our players using the ball better inside 50. Our structure is a joke.

Silly post. Just needs an adequate fwd coach and a fresh senior coach who is able to get our players using the ball better inside 50. Our structure is a joke.
Should we pay him 1m+? Looks to me like hasn't signed because he wants more money. Would rather lock up Darcy on a big contract.

This is very short sighted. Might not get to the level of Charlie but he can easily pass McKay. Probably the most valuable u22 in the comp when factoring in his position, potential and marketability. As he gets better Naughton also benefits too.

If he doesn’t get his 900k-1m at the Dogs he will get 1.1m-1.2m elsewhere.

Might still happen. But if Bont and Libba earn less than JUH per year there is something very wrong with the world.
I agree with you, now that Darcy is playing well you could go in with Naughton and Darcy.
You could spend the other mill on your midfield and get a few first rounders to top up your list.

Dogs could go into the draft with 3 or 4 first rounders

I agree with you, now that Darcy is playing well you could go in with Naughton and Darcy.
You could spend the other mill on your midfield and get a few first rounders to top up your list.

thing with that is they would be also trading out first round talent as I assume you mean letting guys like smith, juh and english go?

If Beveridge had a brain, he'd play Naughton in the backline.

He's a far better player down there but they're just letting him play forward because that's where he prefers to play.

Not exactly a team-oriented attitude...

Might still happen. But if Bont and Libba earn less than JUH per year there is something very wrong with the world.
I would be absolutely staggered if Libba ends up being paid more than JUH next year.
They play completely different positions. One is difficult to draft stars for, the other seems pretty simple.

He's a far better player down there but they're just letting him play forward because that's where he prefers to play.

He has a long contract, just force him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really.

His goal-kicking is unreliable at the best of times and you already have options up forward.

He's played very well down back in the past.

Oh is that right? That definitively answers that then. What a shame he’s not team oriented and is holding a gun to all of our coaches heads to keep him forward.

Oh is that right? That definitively answers that then. What a shame he’s not team oriented and is holding a gun to all of our coaches heads to keep him forward.
Why doesn't he play back then?

I've seen mentioned around the traps that he doesn't want to play back and told the coach he wants to play as a forward.

Sounds pretty selfish to me, if true.

He draws the best / biggest defender which leaves JUH with a teams #2 defender and Darcy with a teams #3 defender.

Darcy kicked 3 on the weekend because he is 205cm v a 191cm third defender. Move Naughton back, Geelong move the 200cm De Koning onto Darcy instead and he no longer has a 6 inch height advantage to exploit in a marking contest. Stewart then also only has to worry about being the 3rd man up against JUH and none of the Dogs forwards get a kick.

I've seen mentioned around the traps that he doesn't want to play back and told the coach he wants to play as a forward.

Sounds pretty selfish to me, if true.

Yes, why Naughton, who since moving forward has only averaged the same goals per game as Jack Darling, who will shortly be the Eagles second greatest all time goal kicker, remains played as a forward, is simply incomprehensible. It could only be because he’s pretty selfish.

Yes, why Naughton, who since moving forward has only averaged the same goals per game as Jack Darling, who will shortly be the Eagles second greatest all time goal kicker, remains played as a forward, is simply incomprehensible. It could only be because he’s pretty selfish.
I mean, he's managed 1 goal per game for the season so far, so not exactly setting the world on fire.

Feel he'd be far more valuable in defence initially. Not like he can't be swung forward in games.

I mean, he's managed 1 goal per game for the season so far, so not exactly setting the world on fire.

Feel he'd be far more valuable in defence initially. Not like he can't be swung forward in games.

I suspect you’ve watched at least one Bulldogs game this year, but you can’t have been paying attention.

Joel Amartey has been better, we saved our money

Amartey clearly the best 6 disposal a game forward in the AFL. Moneyball.

I suspect you’ve watched at least one Bulldogs game this year, but you can’t have been paying attention.

Amartey clearly the best 6 disposal a game forward in the AFL. Moneyball.
Yeah I was kidding, he is useless, I wouldn't be happy with Naughton either

They should play him back, or as a swingman each game.
Or could he play on a wing, Matthew Richardson or Jeremy Cameron style.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back