Toast Jakey Neade - Punched above his weight!

Remove this Banner Ad

Much maligned by many here but had some real talent. Unfortunately like many of our players he regressed over the past couple of years in a system that didn't seem to suit him. Sad to see the young man depart but wish him all the best in his future endeavors and hope he gets thrown a lifeline by another club (Watch Hawthorn pick him up and Clarkson return him to his dynamic early form).

I really liked Jakey. The stats pretty clearly told a story he may not have found the ball or the scoreboard enough but i always loved his enthusiasm and go at the contest. I really wish him all the best. Seems a good bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe this, he was going to have a breakout season next year I feel. His intercept possessive counter thrusts were pivotal through '14, thought he'd been stereotyped in to that magical forward crumber role but we never gave him the schnitzels. So in the end he was stuck with panko and had nothing that he could do with it. Hoping he gets a second chance to show his wares at another club, have a feeling he'll be picked up by Hawthorn and turned in to their next Puopolo. We just didn't know how to get the best of him because his best as we've seen is absolutely electric. Remember that West Coast game in '13 where he came on as sub and basically changed the game for us? Think he'll slot in Nicely alongside Chad who will put in a good word for him.

Was my favourite player back in 14 and an awesome big game player. In that prelim final we lost to Hawthorn, if the freekick wasn't calling in the dying minutes his goal would have kicked us in to the grand.

Sadly didn't offer enough after that year, one of many players that couldn't adapt to the new system, so it's a good delisting. Wish him all the best post-port.

Whatching his highlights, I have to wonder how he was that good and 4 years later a shell of the player from 2014.
It has to be coaching surely.

yep...Port coaching does wonders to self-esteem & confidence :rolleyes:.....

looks like we're getting rid of all the shorties like impey, wingard, amon, neade

All the best Jake. An exciting player to watch but unfortunately a victim of our dour non-attacking game style.

I remember him outmarking a Collingwood player twice his height on the wing at the 'G, may have even been Brodie Grundy.

Unfortunately it convinced Hinkley that playing Jake as a marking target at CHF was the correct move.

I liked all those times we played him as our centre half forward marking target. But then S Gary came along and took that role.

ill miss him running around chasing 3 blokes twice his size, waving his arms around in the air, as they handpass it between themselves over his head

Can't believe this, he was going to have a breakout season next year I feel. His intercept possessive counter thrusts were pivotal through '14, thought he'd been stereotyped in to that magical forward crumber role but we never gave him the schnitzels. So in the end he was stuck with panko and had nothing that he could do with it. Hoping he gets a second chance to show his wares at another club, have a feeling he'll be picked up by Hawthorn and turned in to their next Puopolo. We just didn't know how to get the best of him because his best as we've seen is absolutely electric. Remember that West Coast game in '13 where he came on as sub and basically changed the game for us? Think he'll slot in Nicely alongside Chad who will put in a good word for him.

Good luck Jake.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back