News Jake Neade signs with Portland

Remove this Banner Ad

All we can do is repeat the title of the thread. Jakey ******* Neade. You hecken beauty.

If we get 400+ games out of Neadey and Hombsch, it'd be one of, if not the biggest trade steals of all time.

There was a close up of neady's face during our 3Q charge. Bit of an smirk and a wink to an opponent at a stoppage.

That's when i knew we'd win.

Neade was integral to our turn around. He is our Pittard forward of centre. He is a run and carry footballer. Gets it, plays on, creates and that was what broke open the game. When he is on, we look good. He is like Wingard in that he is a barometre for us. If he is getting his hands on the footy, breaking the lines, bouncing the footy, being clever with his i50s, clubs don't know what to do.

Great to see him lift in the second half and good on ya Ken for backing him in

I never feel confident when he has the ball in hand as he is so unpredictable. but it is because he does the unpredictable that makes him so dangerous.

once he learns where to run whilst off the ball, he will be an elite small crumbing forward.

I never feel confident when he has the ball in hand as he is so unpredictable. but it is because he does the unpredictable that makes him so dangerous.

once he learns where to run whilst off the ball, he will be an elite small crumbing forward.

spot on! He can get caught in between contests. Experience will fix that methinks. Love him

Alot of guys will drop their head when they have a poor first half... this kid didn't & that tells me he has minerals, keep it up you little cracker

Not sure why...but I reckon a Bobblehead Jakey Neade would sell like hotcakes.
Would also like hear more about his life, apparently a real inspiration to his community.

At half time a mate asked me if we sub out Neade. I said we wait and see what Jakey can do in the 3rd.

His 2nd half was massive. A key factor in why we're playing at the MCG next Saturday.

Now let's see Jakey go for a run on that big ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has a huge ticker that's for sure! Some of his physical efforts in the second half were amazing for his size and experience.

Wants to be in the heat of the contest, love it!

One of the big reasons we lifted. He was crutial whether it be a touch, clever dish off or a pressure act like bumping or tackling. Even his presence made freo panic and he forced a lot of errors. Sign of things to come.

I love how he exploits his size to push the boundaries of what's legal. He's really strong in the core and can push a bloke off the ball, and you can just tell the ump is like "mate, he's half your size, you're not getting a free kick because he outbodied you"

Just loves a contest, loves applying pressure and is so clever with his ballwork. If he develops a genuinely deadly goalsense over the next few seasons, he'll be as good as any small forward in the league. He's making us a better side at the moment.

Held the footy in two against one after wingard's kick from the wing late in the last, which led directly to the goal. Great core strength for a fella so small.

Even in the first half where he was virtually unsighted, I thought he was one of our hardest defensive runners. He chased hard all night and finally got some reward for his efforts in the second half when our players started winning more contests.

His kick into 50 where Gray dropped an easy chest mark was just about the best i50 any forward could hope for. He's just so smart with his possessions.

I love how he exploits his size to push the boundaries of what's legal. He's really strong in the core and can push a bloke off the ball, and you can just tell the ump is like "mate, he's half your size, you're not getting a free kick because he outbodied you"

Just loves a contest, loves applying pressure and is so clever with his ballwork. If he develops a genuinely deadly goalsense over the next few seasons, he'll be as good as any small forward in the league. He's making us a better side at the moment.

well spotted.

That early jump and half effort to take a mark is about coming down earlier and moving the opposition away from the drop of the ball.

and that core strength is amazing. how can such a small player stand up and shake off tackles? it defies physics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back