Jake Carlisle Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

The irony is that my wife was going to a hairdresser for a while about 10 years ago and one day she told her she was a footy groupie and had slept with a good potion of the Carlton team of the time and liked to do the group thing.
Was that really hair gel she was applying to your wife's hair? :eek:

They had Michelangelo Rucci on with Bartlett today, and Bartlett was crapping on about it being the same as racial vilification. Rucci who isn't a smart bloke was trying to tell him Murphy would rather it all die down but Bartlett was demanding an enquiry over the top of Murphy's wishes to get to the bottom of this lewdness. He wants what was said made public so we can see it in all it's crudeness...... It's like some kind of insanity. Obviously in the 1900s when he played they used to shake hands and play in a gentlemanly spirit.

Sounds like the old perv is getting off on this a bit.

Either that or the senility has kicked in.

It would not surprise me if Geary put Carlisle's head through a locker, he seems to be a captain that would not take any crap from someone who brings the club down
I would have loved to be a fly on the wall the first time all the players and Richo got together when it began hitting the fan.

Jake(and any others who did the sledging) would have got a severe spray from one or two at the club.......maybe Geary and Richo.....I'd be very surprised if he didn't.

Your spot on.....Gears would run thru brick walls for the club.

He disrespects someones wife and now he is your favourite Saint? Wow. There is a way to stick up for yourself in the right way without disrespecting someones wife. Behind closed doors, It would not surprise me if Geary put Carlisle's head through a locker, he seems to be a captain that would not take any crap from someone who brings the club down. Why bring attention to yourself and your club in such an even season where St.Kilda are a chance to win a flag? Pathetic Carlisle. Shut up and repay the faith St.Kilda showed in you.
awesome-trump-youre-getting-thrown-over-the-wall.jpg

They had Michelangelo Rucci on with Bartlett today, and Bartlett was crapping on about it being the same as racial vilification. Rucci who isn't a smart bloke was trying to tell him Murphy would rather it all die down but Bartlett was demanding an enquiry over the top of Murphy's wishes to get to the bottom of this lewdness. He wants what was said made public so we can see it in all it's crudeness...... It's like some kind of insanity. Obviously in the 1900s when he played they used to shake hands and play in a gentlemanly spirit.
Rucci was arguing that in regards to the player being sledged, that a racial sledge can be investigated and the sledged player doesnt need to be involved.

In this case, an Investigation would require Murphy, his wife and those affected to be dragged through the whole process publicly. That is why MM should have just sucked it up and forgotten it once the final siren blew and shook hands.

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall the first time all the players and Richo got together when it began hitting the fan.

Jake(and any others who did the sledging) would have got a severe spray from one or two at the club.......maybe Geary and Richo.....I'd be very surprised if he didn't.

Your spot on.....Gears would run thru brick walls for the club.

lol. You really think that happened? Do you think their ears are painted on and they dont hear what is said between players.

Some very naiive views on here.

Rucci was arguing that in regards to the player being sledged, that a racial sledge can be investigated and the sledged player doesnt need to be involved.

In this case, an Investigation would require Murphy, his wife and those affected to be dragged through the whole process publicly. That is why MM should have just sucked it up and forgotten it once the final siren blew and shook hands.

I reckon Murphy would wish it had stayed on field. I reckon Carlton tried to protect him from getting a charge for abusing carlisle while he was injured and in the process burnt him. The Carlton publicity department were the ones who bought up the sledging not Murphy.

Starting to sound likem Bartlett and Rucci are trying to bully Murphy and his wife into publicly being humiliated, especially when it comes out that what was being said was true.

All so Rucci and Bartlett can get all the salacious details. Getting very creepy now.

theres a reason murphy didn't want to take it further and thats because an investigation would show what caused this whole incident. obviously from a politically correct point of view the things the saints players said were crossing the line but an investigation would show that so were the things being said to Carlisle by carlton players.

if you're being ripped into all day for past mistakes and being pushed and pushed whilst you've got that sort of ammunition sitting on the end of your tongue can you really blame Carlisle for letting it slip out in the heat of the moment?

if you want to dish it out you've gotta expect it back. only thing is that Murph cant handle it when someone hits harder

thats why what happens on the footy field stays on the footy field.

lol. You really think that happened? Do you think their ears are painted on and they dont hear what is said between players.

Some very naiive views on here.

Yeah, as much as we are copping criticism for our wording of the apology, I'm guessing it's because our team believes that the media have made it a one way street and that Carlton were able to dish it out but have hung us out to dry. It's like a pair of brothers punching each other in the arm and each time it gets a little harder, eventually one brother can't take the hit and goes running to mum crying. The brother that gets into trouble is forced to apologise but it's totally a carefully worded statement that's subtext is that we apologise for Mark Murphy have no testicles.

Starting to sound likem Bartlett and Rucci are trying to bully Murphy and his wife into publicly being humiliated, especially when it comes out that what was being said was true.

All so Rucci and Bartlett can get all the salacious details. Getting very creepy now.

To be fair to Rucci he was trying to set Bartlett straight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't have a clue what happened Joffaboy..........but I'd be very surprised if words weren't said internally given the blow torch applied to the club the last few days.

I'd also suggest that internally.....Richo would have been rapt at the boys flying the flag.

Given the media loves blow torching us..........you have to be careful with everything.......we can't give them any opening to get at us.

I reckon Murphy would wish it had stayed on field. I reckon Carlton tried to protect him from getting a charge for abusing carlisle while he was injured and in the process burnt him. The Carlton publicity department were the ones who bought up the sledging not Murphy.
Let’s say your partner gets sent some horrible, explicit, compromising photographs.

Do you work with the authorities to identify the perpetrator and hopefully bring them to justice and ensure no further pics are circulated?

Or do you go in front of the national media, waving those horrible, explicit, compromising photos around while at the same time saying how distressed your partner is that her privacy has been breached in the vilest of manners?

I know what I would do.

But then again, my name is not the Carlton Football Club.

Well KB wants it all out in the open. Rucci was arguing against it by basically saying "How would his wife feel if it was dragged out into public forum for discussion"

I'm sorry but i just dont agree with this. Yes image is important when it comes to the game, but you tell me over the last 15-20 years one club that has won a gf that was squeaky clean when it comes to players??

Give me a premiership everyday of the week and im sure the club can live with a player who sledges someones wife or does a bit of recreational drug use and gets caught.

No premiership yet, when we have it come back to me.

This was on field not off field, and dont pretend Carlisle or anybody at the Saints are the first to use this type of sledge.

There are many stories on these thread of what players have said on the footy field

Players from Sydney, Hawthorn, Bulldogs. There would be 14 other teams that have engaged in exactly the same thing.

A Selwood was hauled up in front of the tribunal for sledging Headland tattoo FFS.

Why do you think Carlton wanted to move on quickly and no enquiry? Because it would come out what they were saying last Saturday, and suddenly they aren't the victim and media lovechild anymore.

This all happened because a mentally weak coward didn't have the balls to confront a player until he was on the ground in a prone position.

They saw how Murphy had shown his true character and needed to bury the truth.

However the truth was there for all to see. Murphy is a gutless squib that will be haunted by his cowardice for the rest of his mediocre career.

I do not care about what other teams may have or have not done, only that the Saints are once again the poster boys for bad behavior in relation to women.

Carlisle so far has uplifted photos of himself taking drugs, been suspended for doping, and again put us in the s**t in relation to our reputation. Given the baggage that was around him in relation to doping and sulking it up before we drafted him, I said then we should stay away & this only reinforces my opinion.

Maybe this is unfair, but I am a St Kilda fan, unfair is where I live.

I do not care about what other teams may have or have not done, only that the Saints are once again the poster boys for bad behavior in relation to women.

Carlisle so far has uplifted photos of himself taking drugs, been suspended for doping, and again put us in the s**t in relation to our reputation. Given the baggage that was around him in relation to doping and sulking it up before we drafted him, I said then we should stay away & this only reinforces my opinion.

lol. Really.

I dont know how much you have had to do with football clubs, but from my experience, Carlisles team mates would not give two hoots about what he said, and considering three others joined in, I think it is pretty low to just attack Carlisle.

But as you say, being fair is not a strong suit.

We will have to agree to disagree.

Let’s say your partner gets sent some horrible, explicit, compromising photographs.

Do you work with the authorities to identify the perpetrator and hopefully bring them to justice and ensure no further pics are circulated?

Or do you go in front of the national media, waving those horrible, explicit, compromising photos around while at the same time saying how distressed your partner is that her privacy has been breached in the vilest of manners?

I know what I would do.

But then again, my name is not the Carlton Football Club.
There are photographs?

I already refuse to read anything by Purple, King etc. They just get more heavy handed next time if you click on their crap. They love a Collingwood scandal too, the more response they get the more they exploit it. I love the way guys like Kevin Bartlett are acting like it was national tragedy. He's just about ready to demand a royal commission. It's just slightly demented.

On another note, King is putting himself in an interesting position with his continual efforts to get Buckley sacked.

Who do you think Fox may consider replacing on their flagship shows if Bucks becomes available? The stats that King sprouts as an 'expert' are given to him so it would take much effort for them to land in someone else's clipboard now would it?

We haven't done anything to disrespect women. We may have overstepped the mark as far as good taste goes but to stretch it to having issues towards women is going a bit far. The people who act like women need to be handled more carefully due to their delicate natures are way of the mark. as I said I know women who sleep with footballers and they are not victims, they are making the players conquests in a way no male could do these days with out looking like a pig.

I don't know Mrs Murphy except for her public profile but she seems to have been similarly fond of players in the past, that would not be unique as far as many WAGs go. The worst things I have heard said about her are from gay guys I now who were devastated that Mark Murphy wasn't gay and unhappy that she should have got him. The Saints are guilty of a lack of delicacy and tact but to blow it out into a crisis where we have a sexist attitude is a bit rich IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back