Jake Carlisle Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno if anyone's already posted this but Fevola was on radio today talking about it. Said that St. Kilda players would've been told to get under his skin to try and throw him off his game and that what they had said to Murphy doesn't even compare to some of the abuse he used to cop from opposition players and supporters, and that at the end of the day it's footy - you shake the guys hand, yeah you'll remember it but that's where you leave it.

Whilst I wasn't a fan of what was said to Murphy I still love Carlisle and especially Geary, the way he stuck it to Marc Murphy and the rest of the Carlton boys. Fevola told it how it is and my respect went up a long way after hearing that today. The only honest feedback I've heard about the issue all week.

Hmmmm. As I suspected.

Do you know what it means?

Here for your enlightenment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilting_at_windmills

"The phrase is sometimes used to describe confrontations where adversaries are incorrectly perceived, or courses of action that are based on misinterpreted or misapplied heroic, romantic, or idealistic justifications. It may also connote an importune, unfounded, and vain effort against adversaries real or imagined for a vain goal"

Used in my post in relation to an importune & vain anger with idealistic justification against a perceived foe partly real & partly mere image

Don't worry about Caro and the rest - when it comes to sermonising Peter Fitz wins hands down - each and every time - no matter what the issue.

When it comes time its straight to heaven for Peter.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...h-winatallcosts-attitude-20170517-gw6shj.html

Yes, I'm amazed and totally gobsmacked at the levels of acid emanating from the pen of someone who was/is cheek-by-jowl, part and parcel of the "blokes culture" that is Australian male sport. When did anyone connected with Rugby Union ( a despicable code! ) come out as supporting feminism or gay rights?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Do you know what it means?

Here for your enlightenment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilting_at_windmills

"The phrase is sometimes used to describe confrontations where adversaries are incorrectly perceived, or courses of action that are based on misinterpreted or misapplied heroic, romantic, or idealistic justifications. It may also connote an importune, unfounded, and vain effort against adversaries real or imagined for a vain goal"

Used in my post in relation to an importune & vain anger with idealistic justification against a perceived foe partly real & partly mere image
You used it incorrectly and dont understand either the context of the expression or the novel it arose from.

Sad.
Sick.

I could just see Jake's statement.

"As you all know , sledging often takes place on the footy ground.
I have made some mistakes in the past and i often get sledged about it.
Rather than sook about it i find the best approach is to go back at them, so that's what i did. I'm quite proud of my sledging of Murphy , it really got under his skin which was exactly what it was meant to do.
I was rather shocked when the media speculated that I'd mentioned an affair his wife had with Wayne Carey. It was not what I said, and it is obviously not true. Why would the media make up such a lie to hurt an innocent family.
What i did actually say was of a personal nature and I will not be repeating it in public, my intention was to get under Murph's skin , not to publicly humiliate him and his family. Seriously what sort of low life would want to do that?
Oh and that Rors guy was spot on.

Thank you "

Wrong & Wrong. Is there some deep seated insecurity that makes you insult people that do not agree with you? I suggest you look at this & youself.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/bigot

You used it incorrectly and dont understand either the context of the expression or the novel it arose from.

Sad.
Sick.

Guys this is not good sledging.
Its a really obscure non-personal subject unlikely to upset the other party.
Perhaps you should mention something about .
.Impotence.
.Their partner or lack of.
.physical attributes that may be considered inferior
.lack of social standing of their ancestors.

Try harder , the rest of us will judge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

.Impotence.

Lol. Yes it was pretty poor. I must admit though he did hurt my feelings so I will wait until he is lying prone on the ground and then really go him.

.Impotence.

Yes, but what if I am a fugly limp virgin with Carlton supporting parents?

Yes, but what if I am a fugly limp virgin with Carlton supporting parents?

Then you deserve everything you get.

Here is some ancient video footage of the English Murphy clan attempting to get under the skin of the French Carlisle clan.

Dunno if anyone's already posted this but Fevola was on radio today talking about it. Said that St. Kilda players would've been told to get under his skin to try and throw him off his game and that what they had said to Murphy doesn't even compare to some of the abuse he used to cop from opposition players and supporters, and that at the end of the day it's footy - you shake the guys hand, yeah you'll remember it but that's where you leave it.

Whilst I wasn't a fan of what was said to Murphy I still love Carlisle and especially Geary, the way he stuck it to Marc Murphy and the rest of the Carlton boys. Fevola told it how it is and my respect went up a long way after hearing that today. The only honest feedback I've heard about the issue all week.

I know that old Fev has a LOT of issues..... BUT.....He's really cut right down to tin tacks here! I always looked on Fevola as an "amiable knobhead" when he was playing the game. At times he was a wonderful player to watch in full flight. In this context, I think he's pretty much on the money re: the sledging of Murphy........ besides which...Fev grew up as a Sainter! Jeez can you imagine how we'd have gone with him there at full forward?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back