Traded Jack Billings

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree.
he seems just a naturally quiet shy person.
A bit like Harvey was. I think people can sometimes link that to being timid bit it's not necessarily so.
Yes his kicking was wayward last yr but he had heaps of scoring shots and score involvements and this year he is having a great season further up the ground.
That's a couple of seasons in a row now he has threatened to tear the comp apart.
He is a bees d**K away from being A.A.
We wouldn't have won last week without him
Besides from some people's concerns about him I think he is improving at a good rate.
That’s a very subtle and cheeky signature you’ve got yourself there Snake.
My congratulations.

Some people disagree on our drafting choices etc etc.. but I think people are really overlooking how well the club is actually keeping this group of players together. At some point enough of these kids are going to hit that point of experience that we become a genuine contender. It may not happen until the 2013 crop are hitting 25 and their prime but if they can keep the band together until then I truly do believe we could have a number of years of solid contention.
I posted this in another thread but we actually have 18 players on the list that were born in 1994, 1995 or 1996. In two or three years they are all going to hit their peak at once.

Those 18 players also don’t include Gresh, Battle, Clark and Paton who have already shown they can match it.

Then we have developing with high potential King, Coff, and Bytel who are highly rated.

I think in two years we will start to see our list come into its own. Hopefully Carlisle (27), Steven (29) and Hannas (28) are still performing strongly for the next 4 or so years.

A credit to Gallagher & Lethlean etc for keeping the prized players at the Saints. Obviously he was holding out for some $$$ which he got over 2 years and deservedly so.

Credit must also go to Richo as no matter what we think of his all round coaching, his player relations must be 2nd to none. Particularly after last years results.

I laugh about some of the stuff that people on this site say about Billings.
He's too quiet.
He doesn't look happy.
He has no confidence.
He is going to Essendon because of his dad.
If Richo stays he will leave.
And he gets written off whenever he has a couple of quietish games.

Meanwhile he keeps improving and getting more consistency to his game. And he looks perfectly happy to me.
Fantastic news for the club that he has locked himself in till the end of 2021.

Snake....spot on....I aways have a chuckle about all the rumors......whispers...…(not Chinese whispers......a few weeks was like a megaphone in our ears) speculation etc knowing that we have absolutely no idea what Jack's thoughts are on his career... the club etc.

I think we all pretty well know now.

I was actually at RSEA this morning for a 40 year function....early start...9.00 am and was a tad late ...the traffic down the highway was very heavy....St.Trav and his crew were also at the function.

Gears and Jake Bachelor were being quizzed by MC Clair White and then questions from the floor.

Jake Bachelor was an impressive speaker.

There were a lot of people there this morning....then all the cameras were set up and we all listened to the JB signing press conference.

JB was asked a heap of questions and I thought spoke/handled himself very well.

Next cab off the rank was Richo's press conference...….no big news there....just thoughts on our first half last week....and we know his thoughts on that......and just general thoughts on tomorrow's game.

The club put on a very good morning.

Saw Neil Roberts on the way out....he's looking in very good nick.

As I have just posted elsewhere, I believe Jack will be our next Brownlow medalist. He got eleven votes last season. and I think he would have close to that already this season. The media and the so called footy experts are totally ignoring him. I haven't even seen him make any of the teams of the week. COMMENTS

As I have just posted elsewhere, I believe Jack will be our next Brownlow medalist. He got eleven votes last season. and I think he would have close to that already this season. The media and the so called footy experts are totally ignoring him. I haven't even seen him make any of the teams of the week. COMMENTS

Sorry, I can't agree borderbarry as much as I like to. I coached JB in junior football. He has the class and innate talent to match anyone in the AFL. If he was to be in contention for Brownlow, it would mean that St Kilda has to be in contention for finals. Ergo, JB will be tagged, more than likely. He is best at being an outside developer than an inside player. I can't see him shutting down a tagger.

best players in first 8 games
BEST
Melbourne:
Brayshaw, Oliver, Gawn, Harmes, Salem
St Kilda: Billings, Kent, Membrey, Newnes, Acres, Steele, Geary

BEST
St Kilda:
Ross, Marshall, Billings, Lonie, Steele, Gresham, Acres
Hawthorn: Worpel, Scrimshaw, Scully, Sicily, Roughead, Henderson

BEST
Fremantle:
Walters, Ryan, Langdon, Hill, Cerra, Fyfe, Matera
St Kilda: Gresham, Billings, Geary, Marshall, Newnes, Steele

BEST
Essendon:
Stringer, McGrath, Hurley, Francis, Heppell
St Kilda: Gresham, Steele, Bruce, Ross, Sinclair, Newnes

BEST
St Kilda:
Ross, Billings, Steven, Newnes, Bruce, Steele, McKenzie
Gold Coast: Fiorini, Sexton, Witts, Ballard, Miller, Powell

BEST
St Kilda:
Steven, Parker, Ross, Savage, Steele, McKenzie
Adelaide: Keath, Walker, B Crouch, M Crouch, Laird, Greenwood, Atkins

BEST
Greater Western Sydney:
Cameron, Williams, Taranto, Haynes, Taylor, Reid
St Kilda: Steele, Ross, Marshall, Newnes, Kent

BEST
St Kilda:
Dunstan, Bruce, Ross, Battle, Billings, Gresham, Savage
West Coast: Hurn, Cripps, Yeo, Sheed, Shuey, Gaff, Ryan

BEST
St Kilda:
Gresham, Steele, Dunstan, Ross, Wilkie, Membrey
Carlton: Cripps, Simpson, C.Curnow, Walsh, E.Curnow

BEST
St Kilda:
Marshall, Ross, Newnes
Port Adelaide: Boak, R.Gray, Howard, Lycett, Jonas, Amon, Houston

BEST
Gold Coast:
Swallow, Weller, Martin, Brodie, Fiorini, Ah Chee
St Kilda: Billings, Membrey, Ross, Dunstan, Kent, Gresham, Marshall

BEST
St Kilda:
Ross, Hannebery, Hind, Marshall
Brisbane: Cameron, McLuggage, Martin, Lyons, Zorko, Rich, Neale

BEST
St Kilda:
Marshall, Gresham, Billings, Clark, Battle, Ross
Richmond: Martin, Stack, Prestia, Chol, Vlastuin, Lambert

BEST
North Melbourne:
Simpkin, Zurhaar, Goldstein, Larkey, Ziebell, Tarrant
St Kilda: Bruce, Billings, Dunstan, Steele, Marshall

BEST
Geelong:
Dangerfield, Duncan, Miers, Selwood, Stewart, Guthrie
St Kilda: Marshall, Clark, Dunstan, Steele, Gresham, Bruce

Ross 38
Billings 29
Marshall 28
Gresham 24
Steele 22
Dunstan 16
Bruce 13
Newnes 12
Membery 9
Steven 8
Clark 6
Kent 5
Parker 4
Hind 3
Battle 3

going by 5pts to 1pt Ross is leading - somehow

Rewind to the end of 2018, and a heavily-scrutinised campaign had put young Saint Jack Billings firmly under the microscope.
But just 12 months later, the No. 15 has responded to his critics in the best way possible.
A blistering start to 2019 culminated in a career-best season that has him as a hot favourite for this year’s Trevor Barker Award.

REWIND: "It's all about moving forward"
The silverware would be well and truly deserved for the youngest member of the leadership group, with his consistency standing out across the entire season.
Billings opened 2019 in emphatic fashion to muffle his doubters, carrying on his tremendous form to emerge as a fan-favourite of the red, white and black.
TBA-Contender-Billings-940x599.jpg

The silky left-footer oozed class at every turn, becoming one of St Kilda’s most reliable players in a season riddled with injuries, patchy form and significant change.
His trademark composure was often a settling influence in some of the game’s most heated moments.
And it was in these scenarios, where the result rested on a knife’s edge, that Billings was at his best.

His incredible performance against Gold Coast in Round 13 was arguably the most impressive of his career.
33 disposals, 11 tackles, three clearances and two goals told the story, with the No. 15’s epic final term of six tackles, 10 touches and two goals edging his side to a last-minute victory at Riverway Stadium.
It wasn’t the only time the superstar Saint stepped up to the plate when it mattered.
St Kilda’s five-point triumph over Hawthorn came largely as a result of his 34-disposal haul, while successive 28-possession efforts against Gold Coast and Essendon steered St Kilda to the perfect start to 2019.
The classy wingman notched up the 100-game milestone against North Melbourne to amass a career-high 35 touches and nine inside-50s, highlighting his prowess no matter the situation.
BILLINGS' BEST: Top 10 moments from JB
And with a two-year contract extension tying him to Moorabbin, the club’s belief in his ability to lead the club to September couldn’t be clearer.
Much like Jade Gresham, the No. 15 was pushed further up the field to showcase his aptitude in the middle.
Billings’ proficiency on the outside saw him lead the Saints for uncontested possessions (399).
The extra time and space resulted in his third-placed ranking in the club’s inside-50s (81) and score involvements (116), while his 13 goals for the year reaffirmed his left boot as one of the Saints’ major assets.
By any measure, Billings has enjoyed a career-best year in red, white and black.
And his first Trevor Barker Award would be a fitting close to an individually brilliant 2019.

I thought Jack had a fantastic year with much more time spent in the midfield . A few Big Footy Saints fans have questioned his hardness in previous years but i thought that not to be an issue any more in my view . Played some super games and is my tip to win his first Trevor Barker award just ahead of Marshall .

Jack Billings
Career
Games: 107
Goals:
Games: 22
Goals:

656466-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

Coming into Season 2019 under fire, Jack Billings responded in the best way possible.
A move to the midfield put the classy Saint in his element, with his calmness under pressure and skill in the clinches showcasing his extraordinary talents.
Sleek with the footy and swift on his feet, the No. 15 fast became one of the Saints’ most consistent contributors, averaging 26 disposals and five score involvements per game.
Billings’ ability to find space and penetrate the forward half was reflected in his team-high uncontested possessions count, while his eye for goal barely wavered.
If JB can build upon his terrific season in 2020, the competition will be put on notice.
BEST GAME:
Jack Billings’ epic game against Gold Coast in Round 13 saw 33 disposals, 11 tackles and two goals to his name, both of which were kicked in the final term to allow the Saints to come off the bye on a high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billings seemed to be everywhere at Marvel Stadium, dotting up all over the ground to lend a hand in the contest, provide an outlet handball on the run or snare a major of his own.

The No. 15 also polled a perfect 10-vote game from the AFL Coaches' Association, one of just six players to do so in Round 2.

Rd 3 v Collingwood

After his best on performance in rd2, Billings had a tough day against Collingwood. He finished with 16 disposals (9k, 7h), 7 marks and 1 tackle. While he didnt hit the scoreboard himself, he still had 1 GA and 3 score involvements.

Rd 4 v Richmond

Billings was the leading disposal winner in a big win against Richmond, finishing with 25 disposals (13k, 12h), 5 marks and 2 tackles. He also achieved a career high 5 clearances, including 3 Centre Clearances showing he has adding some inside work into his game in 2020.

Rd 6 - Fremantle

It was a modest day out for Billings in the disappointing loss to Freo, finishing with 18 disposals, 6 marks, 2 clearances and 1 goal assist. He also managed to kick 1.1, registering his first behind for the year.

Rd 7 v Adelaide
A solid game from Billings in the win against Adelaide, finishing with 14 disposals (10k, 4h), 3 marks and 5 tackles. His scoreboard impact was down this week, with only 1 score involvement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back