Player Watch Izak Rankine Part II - Welcome to Adelaide

Pick 5 and a swap of 3rd/4th round picks for Rankine was...

• Massive overs

• Moderate overs

• Slight overs

• Fair value

• Slight unders

• Moderate unders

• Massive unders

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Has 11 goals from the last four weeks, which is a pretty nice return! Ten of those were in our three wins. When he plays well, we play well.

We need to find a way to get his disposal count up, though. At one point he was at a CBA and just swooped on a loose ball like a seagull on a chip. Unfortunately his kick forward was a turnover, but the pickup was fantastic. I'd like to see him go in there a few more times per game.

Two nice goals but he is much tougher and braver than I ever could have imagined.
Went back with the flight to an on coming Fog and just loves the contest.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Two games against the Scum in Crows Colours!

28 disposals, 7 goals, 2 goal assists, 5 tackles inside 50, 7 marks and 9 inside 50's.

Add in the only other time he played the filth at Adelaide Oval - he kicked 3 goals against em.
He’s driven the nail into ports coffin in both games too.. by kicking the final goal of the game and thus rubbing salt into their wounds..

The powa supporters would hate him..

Wonder how long it will be before one of the filthy racist powa scum cant help themselves and throw a banana at him..

He’s driven the nail into ports coffin in both games too.. by kicking the final goal of the game and thus rubbing salt into their wounds..

The powa supporters would hate him..

100%

Wonder how long it will be before one of the filthy racist powa scum cant help themselves and throw a banana at him..

I aint going anywhere near this.

Two nice goals but he is much tougher and braver than I ever could have imagined.
Went back with the flight to an on coming Fog and just loves the contest.

The rubbish that King and Cornes sprouted when Rankine announced he wanted to leave the Suns - poor advised, won’t be able to handle the pressure etc

It is clear as say Rankine is a genuine competitor - loves to win - and as he matures he is getter stronger and more confident. Think back to the tackle he shrugged off against Melbourne and then laced out Tex- the dont argues he gave Thursday night.

Still a lot of upside to come with him

Like Eddie 2014-17. Worth the price of admission alone

Rankine is every bit as good as peak Eddie. Will be interesting as to compare them both at the end of Rankines career. Rankine does look to have more tricks then Eddie though that allows Rankine to run through the midfield.

This in no way diminishes Eddie. Was a pure gun.

Rankine is every bit as good as peak Eddie. Will be interesting as to compare them both at the end of Rankines career. Rankine does look to have more tricks then Eddie though that allows Rankine to run through the midfield.

This in no way diminishes Eddie. Was a pure gun.
Not yet, IMO.

His current trajectory suggests he should be, but he definitely is not there yet.

Peak Eddie had AO literally rocking with what he did on the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not yet, IMO.

His current trajectory suggests he should be, but he definitely is not there yet.

Peak Eddie had AO literally rocking with what he did on the field.

player comparison suggests Rankine is ahead of Eddie in same age comparisons. But obviously Eddie has a whole body of work including helping to drive the Crows through the 2016-2017 successful period. So I agree its premature to label Rankine as outright better. But its looking like he will be.

player comparison suggests Rankine is ahead of Eddie in same age comparisons. But obviously Eddie has a whole body of work including helping to drive the Crows through the 2016-2017 successful period. So I agree its premature to label Rankine as outright better. But its looking like he will be.
Im not saying Rankine isnt ahead of Eddie at the same stage, Im saying Rankine is definitely not at peak Eddie levels at this stage of his career, which you stated.

Im not saying Rankine isnt ahead of Eddie at the same stage, Im saying Rankine is definitely not at peak Eddie levels at this stage of his career, which you stated.
Peak Eddie was better than current Izak, but Izak can reach peak Eddie standards.

I know. Relax. I think he is as good as peak Eddie though but its hard to judge exactly because of how poor our performances have been this year so far. Again on player comparison Rankine is out performing 2017 Eddie.

Rankine and Eddie are different players tbh, but on pure impact, Izak still has a way to go to reach peak Eddie. He’ll get there though, IMO

Yawn... you are the 2nd biggest broken record on this board after Marty.

We were in a position of strength & should have kept our #5 pick for a midfielder & used other draft capital for Rankine.

... but this has only been explained to you a hundred times but you are too much of a numpty to understand that it doesn't mean I don't think Rankine is worth pick #5 - rather we shouldn't have used pick #5!

Back