Opinion It is URGENT. Open Tasmania Football Club for membership next week...

Remove this Banner Ad

The new Chairman, O'Brien will need to sort out an office, tables, chairs, a phone & a beer fridge before they can think about foundation memberships. ;)
Working Home Office GIF by Caats

All sorted memberships now available lol

The new Chairman, O'Brien will need to sort out an office, tables, chairs, a phone & a beer fridge before they can think about foundation memberships. ;)

Laptop, a couple of mobiles, a corner in a pub - sorted (dont even need the beer fridge yet). :thumbsu:

I wonder what the priority order is.

Chairman. (Tick.)
Board.
Club branding discussions.
Pres and CEO.
Construction of home ground.
Sponsors.
Club staff. (Recruiter and list manager included.)
Coaches.
Revelation of logo, guernsey, club song and branding.
Naming of new stadium.
Player recruitment. (12 players born between January 1-April 30 2009 to be presumably signed in either 2025 or 2026.)

The club training facility needs to be high on this list. (relates to sponsorship. player recruitment in a big way).

The new stadium issue risks burning a lot of time and energy, so putting effort into the training centre early will be time and money well spent I think. Question is where should it be?

Haha never know. So really awhile off yet memberships becoming on sale. Looking fwd to that.
I thought I heard that they could have foundation memberships available by the end of the year.

I would pick down next to the airport
Makes sense if that is the side of Hobart where players might want to live... I hadnt given it any thought when I asked the question.
So, what part of Hobart would be the most attractive for a bunch of under 35's to live (given they will be well paid too)? I think that is where I would start.
Any facility does not have to be right where the players might live, but at the same time it should be practically located - I am sure they will focus hard on this & get it right. (remember 2 teams are being established - a mens and womans teams - the club has the chance to develop with both in mind).

I thought I heard that they could have foundation memberships available by the end of the year.
That was what was said the other day when they announced the club Chair, Grant O'Brien. Along with confirming the "club name, brand and colours".

Makes sense if that is the side of Hobart where players might want to live... I hadnt given it any thought when I asked the question.
So, what part of Hobart would be the most attractive for a bunch of under 35's to live (given they will be well paid too)? I think that is where I would start.
Any facility does not have to be right where the players might live, but at the same time it should be practically located - I am sure they will focus hard on this & get it right. (remember 2 teams are being established - a mens and womans teams - the club has the chance to develop with both in mind).

It depends on how they go about building the list. If they go for a giants style build then they may want to keep all the young recruits together in an apartment type complex they could possibly take over one of the established ones at the university for a couple of years then they may want to build something down that way depending of UTas end up developing the site I’m not sure?

If they stick to the eastern shore then the old rosny golf course has been mentioned as a possible site then you have the proposed skylands development at droughty point where recruits may want to invest in building some new houses to live in

You also have Brighton council interested having it out that way so you could re develop the Brighton football club and ovals which has plenty of land around it

There has been mention of cornelian bay but probably get too many people offside by taking over that area from the public

Not memberships, but it's a start...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not memberships, but it's a start...

Now that I got paid I'm going to get one of these.

Hopefully foundation membership opens soon. I thought I heard at some point the end of this year.

My family never know what to get me for Christmas so this year I already told them I want a tassie membership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back