The Law Israel moves to close Al Jazeera, ban its journalists

Remove this Banner Ad

cannot

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 30, 2016
^^ ""Flat World Champions".
AFL Club
Richmond
Doha-based network denounces the decision to revoke credentials of its journalists and close its offices in Jerusalem.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/...-jazeera-ban-journalists-170806130215616.html

Israeli's decision to block Al Jazeera condemned as 'full frontal attack' on press freedom
'It is a shocking statement, and it completely undermines Israel's claims to be the only democracy in the region'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...on-democracy-benjamin-netanjahu-a7880086.html

NewsWorldMiddle East
Benjamin Netanyahu vows to remove Al Jazeera from Israel 'for inciting violence'
Israeli PM says he will ban Qatari broadcaster amid tensions over Jerusalem holy site

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ael-al-jazeera-palestinian-bias-a7862121.html

How very undemocratic. Is the jewish state moving more and more towards fascism by the day? A dark irony

Last edited:
Not great, seems to fit the wider narrative of governments attacking news sources and expert opinion.

And the other Arab states that have already instituted the same ban for "inciting violence" ? ..............................
Whereas, they'd prefer it if Al Jezeera invited silence. I find their reporting to be refreshingly honest, extraordinarily brave, and worthwhile, if only to piss off Israel, Saudi Arabia et al.

About time Israel banned those nuff nuff violence inciting, terrorist sympathizing biased pro-palestinian propoganda "news reporters".

Al Jazeera have proven to be one-eyed anti israel biased time and time again, promoting terrorism and violence.

Funny that Al Jazeera are already banned in other countries in the middle east!!

Wonder why the Israeli hating OP only kicks up a fuss when Israel does it? double standards much??

Countries that ban or block content from this pro islamic radicalisation news agency:

Yet Cannot only critisizes israel :rolleyes: - typical of today's far left.

An article in the American Journalism Review noted that critics of Al Jazeera have "assailed what they see as anti-Semitic, anti-American bias in the channel's news content."[7] An example cited from earlier years was a report in Al Jazeera that Jews had been informed in advance not to go to work on the day of the September 11 attacks, which was criticized by an October 2001 editorial in The New York Times. An often-repeated example involves an on-air birthday party organized by Al Jazeera's Beirut bureau chief for a Lebanese militant convicted of killing four Israelis, including a four-year-old girl. Al Jazeera greeted Samir Kuntar, released in a July 2008 prisoner swap, as a hero. A more recent example given by the article is the weekly show "Sharia and Life" by Yusuf Qaradawi, an Egyptian cleric who, according to a February 2011 article in The Atlantic, "argues clearly and consistently that hatred of Israel and Jews is Islamically sanctioned."[7][8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Jazeera_controversies_and_criticism

Bs7hPW-CUAA429R.jpg

Kids currently squabbling

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like we've found our resident Zionist apologist.....Swallow deeply amigo.

I support Israel's right to exist. If that makes me a zionist? well... there could be worse things.. like being a islamist terrorist apologist, like yourself.

run along now.. back to your hezbollah magazines, or al jazeera radicalisation network.

The Islamic radicalisation apologists are running large on bigfooty these days... a bit scary for a footy forum

At the same time the unwarranted almost fashionable Israel bashing (based on ignorant leftest agendas or anti-semetism dressed as anti-zionism) is now almost normalised which is dangerous and scary.

Procrastonator35 has used WWII Nazi propoganda style references (Jews/ the country of Israel control the world banks), Cannot has contributed to conspiracy theories targeting jews and this very thread is based on attacking israel for banning a proven biased pro-islamic radicalisation news agency for FFS.

There was no thread when one of the 20 other countries banned Al Jazeera, but when Israel do it everyone jumps up and down. Why is that?

The unwarranted anti-israel/jewish bias based on fictional agendas and conspiracies has gone too far that it has become normalised on the far left. It's sickening to be honest.

I fully expect the unwarranted Israel bashing to continue, but just thought I'd point out a few of the anti-semetic nuffies for all to see.

Carry on with the bashing.

Last edited:
The Islamic radicalisation apologists are running large on bigfooty these days... a bit scary for a footy forum

At the same time the unwarranted almost fashionable Israel bashing (based on ignorant leftest agendas or anti-semetism dressed as anti-zionism) is now almost normalised which is dangerous and scary.

Procrastonator35 has used WWII Nazi propoganda style references (Jews/ the country of Israel control the world banks), Cannot has contributed to conspiracy theories targeting jews and this very thread is based on attacking israel for banning a proven biased pro-islamic radicalisation news agency for FFS.

There was no thread when one of the 20 other countries banned Al Jazeera, but when Israel do it everyone jumps up and down. Why is that?

The unwarranted anti-israel/jewish bias based on fictional agendas and conspiracies has gone too far that it has become normalised on the far left. It's sickening to be honest.

I fully expect the unwarranted Israel bashing to continue, but just thought I'd point out a few of the anti-semetic nuffies for all to see.

Carry on with the bashing.
Are you of the Jewish persuasion, or are you some other type of religious fanatic? Just askin'.

Are you of the Jewish persuasion, or are

you some other type of religious fanatic? Just askin'.

fyi i'm an athiest. Caucasian Australian.

I've been to many places around the world including the middle east for travel (Israel, Egypt, Jordan - highly recommend Petra if you havent been) and volunteered in an arab village in Israel.

I believe in freedom, countries that abide by western values and i hate islamic extremism, it is the cancer of this earth. Hamas is one of those cancers. Given this criteria, I support the country of Israel (just as I would support a democratic peaceful Palestine, should their leaders ever want to go down this road). When people blindly bash ISrael it is because they are either 1 - ignorant and have no idea about the place or 2 - they are islamic radicals. Feel free to argue against some of their policies - that is fair enough, no country is perfect, but to go so far as to single them out every time (whilst ignoring others) and to go so far as to say they control the world media is ridiculous, and racist to Jews (correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that similar to what goebbells did in WWII?). How is that fanatical Skiltz? Because if people had actually been to the region and witnessed it first hand, they wouldnt be bashing them for made up reasons.

You say I'm a relig fanatic - LOL, I don;t believe in god or a religion. what is actually fanatical is saying jews/and or Israel control the media and banks. I'm calling out the crazy anti-semetic conspiracy theorists and you call me the fanatic? What is this world coming to? Ironically, Al Jazeera, the Palestinian leadership and most of the other parts of the middle east are the religious radicals. Not me, not Israel. Wake up.

Last edited:

That's pretty funny, given that it's principally Israel that's funding, arming & training the Islamic terrorist fundies for it's own ends.

But ignoring that fact altogether....Continue on with your myopic Israel vs Hezbollah dialectical nut-baggery.

That's pretty funny, given that it's principally Israel that's funding, arming & training the Islamic terrorist fundies for it's own ends.

But ignoring that fact altogether....Continue on with your myopic Israel vs Hezbollah dialectical nut-baggery.

Yeah and the evil Jews own the world banks for world domination, but but Israel own the world media, and the moon is made from cheese, and Jerry Seinfeld is conspiring to take over the world.. but but..

mock-tin-foil-hat.jpg

Would love to see how much you spend on foil wrap bud!

Last edited:
Would love to see how much you spend on foil wrap bud!

Probs around $3 per year actually.....Try to stick to the thread topic, before you blow a fuse there 'buddy'.

I've posted this else-where....But I feel that never before has a video been so germane to a topic......It seems Goebbels has re-invented himself.

If people still think that Israel doesn't own the U.S congress & both of it's main parties.....Then it's time to think again.

sadly my abilities do not extend past english. it's just based on what i have read.
I watch the English telecast quite often and have been impressed with their overall coverage on world affairs and I am really surprised at some of the guest who often have extreme opposite views. All sides seem to be covered in these interviews and not just token sound bites.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back