Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack III

Remove this Banner Ad

Israel's right to exist, sure. They exist right now. But when they constantly ignore UN resolutions, as they have done for decades, you should be able to see why there is a current pushback against Zionism.

At some point you will release that you are supporting a pariah/rogue state. What then?

I don't support Bibi, Likud, or far-right Israeli nationalism like we see in the nutjob Settlers.

But they are not "Israel".

Israel's right to exist, sure. They exist right now. But when they constantly ignore UN resolutions, as they have done for decades, you should be able to see why there is a current pushback against Zionism.

At some point you will release that you are supporting a pariah/rogue state. What then?
I think you've missed the point. They're talking about the way "Zionist" is being used as a slur. When to many "Zionists" it simply means supporting the existence of a Jewish state - supporting the existence of Israel - not supporting expansion or religious fundamentalism or whatever else is being ascribed to the meaning by some.

Currently they are the face of Israel.

Okay but that's like saying that under Scomo that you could encapsulate "Australia" by the likes of him, Pauline Hanson, and Clive Palmer.

It's a lazy generalisation.

Nor do they all support settlements or are anti a Palestinian State or the war in Gaza. It's being used as a slur, in the same way it has in neo-Nazi propaganda for decades.

The overwhelming majority support it. Condone it. Want more of it.
"5 Israelis don't support what is happening...how dare you condemn all Israelis."

Straight out of the Zionist playbook.
Slaughtering 10's of thousands of children because a handful of terrorists attacked them.
Starving 2 million people to death for the same reason.
Israel's supporters have the f'ing nerve to cry 'not all Israelis".

Last edited by a moderator:
But this is the problem entirely;

I am Jewish.
I support Israel's right to exist.
Therefore by definition I am a 'zionist'.

But I also abhor the warcrimes being conducted in Gaza and I support a two-state solution with a free and independent Palestine.

So where does your definition leave me?

This is why words matter.
I would suggest to you that you should not support Israel if you want a Jewish state to exist in peace and security. Because the behaviour of Israel is contrary to the support of a safe and peaceful Jewish State.
I think you've missed the point. They're talking about the way "Zionist" is being used as a slur. When to many "Zionists" it simply means supporting the existence of a Jewish state - supporting the existence of Israel - not supporting expansion or religious fundamentalism or whatever else is being ascribed to the meaning by some.
You'll have to take it up with the Zionist Federation of Australia who say it's about Israel specifically, not just "a" Jewish state.

Like the Nazis who were just there for the Nationalism or the Stalinists who were just in Communism for state efficiency, these words took on different meaning after a while.

It's not me who is making it into a "slur". It's Zionist groups themselves.

If there's another term you'd like me to use, I'd be happy to use it. But I'm not going to use 5-word phrases.

I won't stop calling out genocidal behaviour because of semantics.

i dunno, how about a few months ago when the IDF commandos dressed up as doctors and "euthanized" the three guys ina West Bank hospital, one who was a paraplegic?
Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad have publicly declared that those men were members and you are upset about it?

You'll have to take it up with the Zionist Federation of Australia who say it's about Israel specifically, not just "a" Jewish state.

Like the Nazis who were just there for the Nationalism or the Stalinists who were just in Communism for state efficiency, these words took on different meaning after a while.

If there's another term you'd like me to use, I'd be happy to use it. But I'm not going to use 5-word phrases.

Yes, because the Jewish state is Israel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would suggest to you that you should not support Israel if you want a Jewish state to exist in peace and security. Because the behaviour of Israel is contrary to the support of a safe and peaceful Jewish State.

Just got back from Tel Aviv. Felt pretty safe to me.

Also what does not support Israel mean to you?

You have literally compared Zionist's to Nazi's, then deny making slurs.

THEY DRESSED AS MEDICAL STAFF IN ORDER TO KILL. THIS ENDANGERS TRUST IN ALL MEDICAL STAFF AND SHOULD BE A F*CKING CRIME NO MATTER WHO COMMITS IT.

And Hamas fighters also dress as doctors and paramedics and have launched attacks thusly.

It's awful no matter who commits it. Agreed.

And Hamas fighters also dress as doctors and paramedics and have launched attacks thusly.

It's awful no matter who commits it. Agreed.
So you agree Israel should stop the killing?

So you agree Israel should stop the killing?

Yes, unequivocally.

Israel has been inflicting an apartheid on to Palestine for decades and are now committing atrocities on Gaza without regard for civilian life. It's awful.

And on the flipside... Once this conflict ends, Palestinians should elect leadership with a genuine desire to achieve peace.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back