Opinion Is this rock bottom?

Remove this Banner Ad

I can give you a list if you like but the main two in my mind are

1. Anyone thinking that Pink and Biggie were going to be the answer to our defensive issues was wilful ignorance at best.

And

2. then anyone taking anything meaningful out of the Collingwood match simulation 'victory' were going to be easily fooled - again quite a few on here were in that conversation.

Look tbh I have been as negative as anyone on here in the past 5 years - and rightfully so - but even I have been surprised by just how far we fallen behind every other team. All teams are improving a different paces - we unfortunately are going backwards.

To see Hawthorn destroyed by Sydney just shows we are in a world of hurt right now - we are heading directly toward 'the worst side in the history of the competition' sign very quickly.
I can give you ;
3. Anyone that thought the last game of the year vs GC where we blitzed them with Larkey kicking 9 goals was a real home & away tussle have got blinkers on.

Im starting to get a rough picture now.

The first rounders of pre2022, all duds, some good players in the 2nd round.

Building our team around the 1st rounders of 2022 - 2026 generation.

We need some senior bodies to be the buffer in the meantime.

I'm checking out of this club. So over it. Don't even enjoy the footy anymore. As long as our senior players set poor standards we have no hope.
yerh i actually hate football atm, its not fun anymore. the games are terrible to go to. first 10-15 mins okay to watch until we drop off the face of the planet and do our best impersonations of witches cones. won’t be going to the games against essendon and st kilda due to other commitments but i would of chose other things to do those days anyways. if the players don’t think giving their all is worth the time then why should i waste 3-4 hours of my day after a long week at work watching vfl reserve footballers at best run around and get their asses whipped only for them to have a joke and laugh after the game.

The rebuild just started, don't quit now...
Realistically that’s the case and understandably that’s the message from the club but fact is for supporters our experience has been far longer than that.

It’s hard just to magically reset our stores of patience.

Im starting to get a rough picture now.

The first rounders of pre2022, all duds, some good players in the 2nd round.

Building our team around the 1st rounders of 2022 - 2026 generation.

We need some senior bodies to be the buffer in the meantime.
who would you look at targeting at a younger “luke hodge” role? keep in mind we need a lotta of senior bodies and heads in spots all over the ground lol

That’s what guys like Stephens, Fisher and Tucker were supposed to provide.
Guys like Taylor, Ford and Curtis should be stepping up on that front also.

Bloody disappointing

Middle layer buffering to support sheezal wardlaw and co.

The latter group you have mentioned are on the way, Ford, curtis certainly have been doing a bit, Taylor has slipped.

Taylor hopefully gets a breakout season in time.

I thought we hit rock bottom early 2021 but I was wrong.

A team that is full of players who can't execute basic skills, don't play as a team and can't carry out the game plan.

Is this as rock bottom as we're going to get and things will start clicking soon or is there worse to come?
The first post in this thread. Over two years ago. Everything Frank said is still 100% applicable today. The 6th post stated we would continue to be rock bottom until we sacked Nobel and got Clarko 😳

It’s still not rock bottom but at this rate, come the end of the season, it very well could be.

Has a team gone 0 & 22?
0-23.

There is another round of humiliation with the AFL version of Magic Round

The answer is no, even Fitzroy won a game in 1996.

Interesting little fact, since the league started playing 22 game (1970) only 4 times has a team gone through a season winning only 1 game, and if we can pull off a shock win at some stage this season, we will be the first team to do it twice, we were the first in 1972.

Last edited:
Personally it’s rock bottom in my North journey. My weeks are no longer planned around them, I don’t know the fixture by heart and when/where to watch them. It’s becoming a chore even to flick them on the TV.

There was hope, and it’s hit the hardest given that we are arguably worse than ever. This doesn’t seem like it will fix.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s one thing to get flogged each week. It’s another to watch Carlton, Essendon and Port Adelaide win a significant amount of games. Footy gods, please - save us

Yes this is rock bottom, waiting 5 years for this team only to get worse and worse.
On top of this, we haven’t went into a game with any hope of winning in a long time, and the ultimate is watching the three teams I hate with an absolute passion (the cheats, judas and his disciples and the afls lovechild) winning every week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back