Opinion Is this rock bottom?

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s all good.

We allegedly wont be competitive until mid 2025 (LOL) and when we’re not, the powers that be will just move the goalposts again to buy time.

Everything is on track.

Yeah, we were getting close to wins last year and had a reasonable expectation of converting a few of the close losses to wins this year. We have actually gone backwards significantly, and we’re paying a guy $1mill a year to sit there and say the same crap after each loss as if everything is going to fix itself. And some supporters are lapping it up. Have they lost perspective on what we should be expecting this year? I don’t blame them for wanting to believe, but we need to look at facts.

You are right, those goalposts conveniently just keep moving to the end of the road whenever questions are asked. Like a mirage. And like a mirage, it’s starting to seem like an illusion.

There’s either not much of a plan, or players aren’t investing in it, or both. That’s an inconvenient elephant in the room but we have to call it as it is.

Yeah, we were getting close to wins last year and had a reasonable expectation of converting a few of the close losses to wins this year. We have actually gone backwards significantly, and we’re paying a guy $1mill a year to sit there and say the same crap after each loss as if everything is going to fix itself. And some supporters are lapping it up. Have they lost perspective on what we should be expecting this year? I don’t blame them for wanting to believe, but we need to look at facts.

You are right, those goalposts conveniently just keep moving to the end of the road whenever questions are asked. Like a mirage. And like a mirage, it’s starting to seem like an illusion.

There’s either not much of a plan, or players aren’t investing in it, or both. That’s an inconvenient elephant in the room but we have to call it as it is.
I’ll bet you dollars to donuts that come mid 2025, we’re still bottom two.

LDU goes as a FA (completely hecks the midfield) in that scenario, Zurhaar already gone (not a huge loss, but a loss) and a losing culture is embedded into the side across the board under the guise of ‘it’s ok guys, it will turn.

This conveniently ignores other sides improving, as if we’re in some sort of vacuum.

McDonald still contracted for ANOTHER 18 months, Simpkin to 2029 (LOL).

It’s a complete shitshow.

And members deserve a direct answer, not platitudes.

Your move NMFC.

LDU goes as a FA (completely *s the midfield) in that scenario, Zurhaar already gone (not a huge loss, but a loss) and a losing culture is embedded into the side across the board under the guise of ‘it’s ok guys, it will turn.

This conveniently ignores other sides improving, as if we’re in some sort of vacuum.

Your move NMFC.

Your move NMFC. 😂

I guess this time they’ll come out with a TikTok of players running onto the field, either calling it a “kebab” or “yiros”.
Final tally: 22 yiros, 18 kebab

These are the hard questions we needed answers for 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

LDU goes as a FA (completely *s the midfield) in that scenario, Zurhaar already gone (not a huge loss, but a loss) and a losing culture is embedded into the side across the board under the guise of ‘it’s ok guys, it will turn.

Your move NMFC.
I see what’s going on here, 2025 magically deadline coincides with McDonald’s contract year, people are expecting him to pull up all Australian type numbers.

The last four weeks have really made me question why we (including me!) were so optimistic at the start of the year. Like what problems were we willfully ignoring?
We were rightfully expecting the team to be set up to be competitive.

I forgot we drafted 5 key backs between 14-16 and none of them were any good- the only decent one didn’t give a *.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
So scarred from that we were, we didn’t draft one for a decade….

I've followed North since the mid 1950s. Even when we were a bottom team, the teams that played us finished the game
battered and bruised. Many of our players today appear to have checked out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ppl be like “oh but Clarkson has to clean up Brad’s mess”.
Looks like Sam’s got a Clarko mess to clean up at Hawks.

The last four weeks have really made me question why we (including me!) were so optimistic at the start of the year. Like what problems were we willfully ignoring?

I can give you a list if you like but the main two in my mind are

1. Anyone thinking that Pink and Biggie were going to be the answer to our defensive issues was wilful ignorance at best.

And

2. then anyone taking anything meaningful out of the Collingwood match simulation 'victory' were going to be easily fooled - again quite a few on here were in that conversation.

Look tbh I have been as negative as anyone on here in the past 5 years - and rightfully so - but even I have been surprised by just how far we fallen behind every other team. All teams are improving a different paces - we unfortunately are going backwards.

To see Hawthorn destroyed by Sydney just shows we are in a world of hurt right now - we are heading directly toward 'the worst side in the history of the competition' sign very quickly.

I have backed the opposition in a let it ride format since round 1. I began with $1k, I now have $1,742. I mean that's champagne punting. Stk paying $1.13 this week. That 13% interest - tax free!!!!

I suspect by seasons end I'll have $3,200 easy. It's money for jam.

I know a lot of people would be surprised by the fore-sight I possessed after we looked so good in our intra-club match, but I could see through all the fluff.

If you want some value this week, find a bookie that will let you plonk $5k on us to score less than 50 vs StK.

I can give you a list if you like but the main two in my mind are

1. Anyone thinking that Pink and Biggie were going to be the answer to our defensive issues was wilful ignorance at best.

And

2. then anyone taking anything meaningful out of the Collingwood match simulation 'victory' were going to be easily fooled - again quite a few on here were in that conversation.

Look tbh I have been as negative as anyone on here in the past 5 years - and rightfully so - but even I have been surprised by just how far we fallen behind every other team. All teams are improving a different paces - we unfortunately are going backwards.

To see Hawthorn destroyed by Sydney just shows we are in a world of hurt right now - we are heading directly toward 'the worst side in the history of the competition' sign very quickly.

That's called rebuild, carlton took 20 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back