Mystery Is the Universe a simulation?

Remove this Banner Ad

Define "god", properly, common sense approach, and the answer is yes. A resounding yes.
I think I agree with that if I understand you correctly.
Like most things our understanding of what God is is reasonably poor,in the western world anyway and our ideas have been manipulated somewhat also,like in many areas.
I'd think a creator in itself would be a god. To think our universe just created itself certainly lacks logic.

Like most things our understanding of what God is is reasonably poor,in the western world anyway and our ideas have been manipulated somewhat also,like in many areas.
I'd think a creator in itself would be a god. To think our universe just created itself certainly lacks logic.
Your last line....Exactly. it's actually insane to think it created itself. Intelligent Design is utterly and thoroughly evident in life from the cosmic to microcosmic levels.

Your last line....Exactly. it's actually insane to think it created itself. Intelligent Design is utterly and thoroughly evident in life from the cosmic to microcosmic levels.
Oh bullshit.
Show me the evidence!
You only see design.
Whom designed the designer?,infinite regress,your point is invalid!

Also, scientists have plenty of theories about how our universe started that don't simply suggest it came from nothing. The problem is, of course, as mentioned above that it's an infinite regression. We aren't equipped to understand. Much like the initial question as to what the universe is expanding into, we can't comprehend it.

Like you have pointed out,and I have also,the micro world is where it's all at. No matter how far or big we travel the subatomic world is there,and it's right here also.

The Big Bang as being taught just isn't right,and is certainly the most fanciful of theories,I think many acknowledge this now. That doesn't mean sims is our best answer but the fact we could create such a thing ourselves down the track is a very important argument.

AI and SI is our best bet for discovering some of the questions we are still very much only having educated guesses at.

So using your logic,if we are indeed are simulation or hologram,if the one responsible for this was s pimply 14 yr old sitting at his or her computer,would you elevate them to "god status"?
Given that he was a product of his parents and theirs etc etc.
So,creators are gods?

Obviously that's how the created would perceive the creator. In our human history that is what we have called it/them, as we could not fathom the enormity of such. Over the years we ended up thinking of it as an old man in the clouds (religion).
Using that logic,my daughter is a god,because she did an unintelligible painting with her hands.
Absence of evidence "is" evidence of absence.
Try again!?

There's no 'evidence' of God just like there's no 'evidence' of no God. No theory I've heard put forward tells me there is no God and therefore I stand in belief in a God
This comment is so simple and often the most simple answers are the best,which is a case in point here.
In many ways we may never prove a god doesn't exist although we could prove he does. Even with sims (which the thread is supposed to be about) we may still not know if we don't understand base reality and who created that.

That is such a stupid example. Completely different to what we're talking about.
To a point it is what we are talking about. People like to believe what they want sometimes to a hysterical level,whether they understand or not. We discussed how people in western society often don't understand what a god actually is,they just have their own ideas and refuse to step away from that.
Unfortunately,that is what we are seeing here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is such a stupid example. Completely different to what we're talking about.
It's exactly how you framed your assertion,creators are gods.
Do we need to provide evidence that the man bear pig doesn't exist,how about unicorns,dragons,fairies,goblins,bigfoots etc. in order to categorically rule existence out?
Seems like a terrible waste of time I would have thought!

There's *ingg computer code in the universe's very fabric. "God" Concept proven.
No there's not,it is similar to binary code buried in theoretical super symmetry string theory.
Still conceptual at this stage.

It's exactly how you framed your assertion,creators are gods.
Do we need to provide evidence that the man bear pig doesn't exist,how about unicorns,dragons,fairies,goblins,bigfoots etc. in order to categorically rule existence out?
Seems like a terrible waste of time I would have thought!
No I didn't. We're talking elaborate complex life systems here, not a freaking drawing. C'mon, man!

No I didn't. We're talking elaborate complex life systems here, not a freaking drawing. C'mon, man!
Well,provide the evidence for the prime mover then?
We've been waiting a very long time,we are patient!

We do have some evidence that magic fairies do actually exist to be fair.

Someone has to spread the magic fairy dust we like to call dark matter and dark energy.

We do have some evidence that magic fairies do actually exist to be fair.

Someone has to spread the magic fairy dust we like to call dark matter and dark energy.
That's your coloured interpretation to a deep mystery the greatest minds still shrug their shoulders about.
Meh

We've only had the Big Bang theory and our current understanding of the universe for a short time. It may not answer everything yet but that's because we are at the beginning of the journey. There's no 'evidence' it's going to lead to god as an answer.
I don't think any theory is going to prove or disprove a God. Sim would prove a creator and then it's up to the individual what to make of that.
It's possible whoever created our sim is a simulation themselves,no amount of anger will ever change someone's belief in a faith.
Sim is probably the most logical explanation to our creation,but logic isn't proof.

With our poor knowledge all theories are in many ways equal. Sim,holographic,multiverse,big bang,solid state,universe inside a black hole,or something completely different....they are all possible,and possible with a God or without.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back