Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 32 34.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not even round one and we all think we're doomed! Terrible

But I agree, last night was very disappointing and frustrating. We seem cooked
I reckon were about a 5th or 6th team at this stage.

We've been overtaken imv, by others which have matured past us, as we've aged.
Our kids coming in, are just that, kids, talented, but kids.

And the list of our best, are getting older.

Keep hitting the draft D's.

Last edited:
We won't win this year or next. We need a mini rebuild/reset whatever you wanna call it.

We're stuck in a spot were too many teams have improved around us at a quicker rate than we have. If anything we're still the same team from 3 years ago except May, Lever, Oliver, Brown, Jackson, Salem, Hibberd etc have slightly declined or extremely declined or left since then.

Hardly anyone has improved. Sure Chandler, Windsor, Mcvee etc have improved from their own levels 3 years ago, but you need AA calibre level players and we don't have more than 3 years ago we have less.

I reckon we can win it this year, but we need to have as little go wrong as possible. I thought the same last year when we weren't that far off, but our forward line got smashed to pieces late by injury (Petty, Fritsch, Melksham) and idiocy (van Rooyen, Pickett). Clarry getting injured and otherwise distracted didn't help, nor did Gus' concussion.

I'm worried about 2025 and life post-Gawn and May though. Ruck and key defenders have been our strength for a few years, and the cupboard is bare.

I reckon we can win it this year, but we need to have as little go wrong as possible. I thought the same last year when we weren't that far off, but our forward line got smashed to pieces late by injury (Petty, Fritsch, Melksham) and idiocy (van Rooyen, Pickett). Clarry getting injured and otherwise distracted didn't help, nor did Gus' concussion.

I'm worried about 2025 and life post-Gawn and May though. Ruck and key defenders have been our strength for a few years, and the cupboard is bare.
We're in the mix but yeah, need a lot to go right. I want to see how we go with McAdam up and running. Bowey back could release Riv into the midfield. I think the biggest thing holding us back is our coach.

I reckon we're in the same spot we have been since the flag. Need a new game plan and a couple of canny trades to bring in the type of players we're lacking and we'd be right back in a window. If new game plan not possible under Goody then get a new coach too.

We need everything going right, our way, for that to happen.

Our best chances were 2022, 2023. But our attitude soured.

Basked in the glory of 2021 premiership.... wasted 2 of the best years of Gawn, TMc, May, Viney, Pertacca. They, will never get those years back again.

Ashes to ashes, and dust to the wind.

Time for a new storyline.

We're in the mix but yeah, need a lot to go right. I want to see how we go with McAdam up and running. Bowey back could release Riv into the midfield. I think the biggest thing holding us back is our coach.
Bowey is important to us.

Our best springboard off half-back.

Salem is as good as finished.
Pre hammy, he was so slow across the ground to that contest, it looked like he was going backwards compared to his opponent. He has definately lost a yard and a half.

Last edited:
I reckon we're in the same spot we have been since the flag. Need a new game plan and a couple of canny trades to bring in the type of players we're lacking and we'd be right back in a window. If new game plan not possible under Goody then get a new coach too.
Get Lever to buy in, to moving the ball on quicker and with some precision, and we might have a sniff of a chance. He stifles us.

Last edited:
Saw a stat where in the last 5 seasons(including this one) we have only lost 2 games by more than 28pts. Our heaviest loss was 51pts in that time which is clearly the lowest of any side. Take from it what you will, but we've been able to show up to the footy for 5 seasons in a row confident we'll be more than competitive.

Saw a stat where in the last 5 seasons(including this one) we have only lost 2 games by more than 28pts. Our heaviest loss was 51pts in that time which is clearly the lowest of any side. Take from it what you will, but we've been able to show up to the footy for 5 seasons in a row confident we'll be more than competitive.
Probably less than 10 of those games that are worth rewatching.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone knows we've been a good team since 2021, the issue is we've gotten worse each year since 2021 and have 0 finals wins at our home ground. Literally no-one cares about stats like this when they can't even win in front of their own *ing fans.

Everyone knows we've been a good team since 2021, the issue is we've gotten worse each year since 2021 and have 0 finals wins at our home ground. Literally no-one cares about stats like this when they can't even win in front of their own *ing fans.
Well, it's nice to be the best at something i guess. Frustrating they couldn't win one for us at the G, but we've been in nearly every game we've played for 5 years. Mixed in with that is a flag and a handful of finals games. I think we all would have taken that a decade ago.

Probably less than 10 of those games that are worth rewatching.
Don't agree with this. I've re-watched nearly every win. Only a few along the way I haven't bothered with. Pretty much none of the Cats wins this year have been pretty, but they're sitting top of the table and i bet a lot of their fans have re-watched the games. We're a hard bunch to please sometimes.

Christ re watching our games must mean you have a lot of free time and nothing better to do. I can barely watch our games once anymore without falling sleep from boredom.

3 goals till 3tr time at home, fat ginger bloke playing at HB avoiding contact, Trac torping the footy 70m to no one. Riveting footy was so disappointed we had a bye this weekend 😭

I'd happily win 8 games in both of the next 2 years If we were actually building towards another shot. No slowly meandering along telling everyone how grateful they should be for winning the COVID flag the majority of Melbourne fans missed seeing their team play in.

But yeah sure thanks for the 1.5 quarter efforts against North 👍

The way we play shits plenty of us up the wall (myself included) but you can't complain about the effort levels. The team doesn't chuck it in and give up, they play until the end and it is a credit to them. Just have to see the Dogs game where they gave up 3 goals down halfway through the final quarter. It is this attitude that helps us in games like the Lions win last year or the Blues win the year before, two of the best finishes I have been to live.

The way we play shits plenty of us up the wall (myself included) but you can't complain about the effort levels. The team doesn't chuck it in and give up, they play until the end and it is a credit to them. Just have to see the Dogs game where they gave up 3 goals down halfway through the final quarter. It is this attitude that helps us in games like the Lions win last year or the Blues win the year before, two of the best finishes I have been to live.
Yeah this is exactly Melbourne and this last few posts summed up perfectly. That game had an incredible finish but I wouldn't watch the first ¾ again if it solved world hunger

Yep. I've enjoyed winning more than losing. Odd I know.

I don't even know why some people around here even follow us anymore. If you get no enjoyment out of it, then move along. im convinced theres a few on here that dont even support the club because literally everything they say is negative or condescending towards other supporters. Only a very small amount of sides every year play an attractive brand of football all year long. I couldn't give two f* what anyone thinks. I'll watch the replay when we win. Because we've seen far too many losses over the years and we'll probably be where the Kangas are soon enough, because we aren't a Geelong or Sydney that never bottom out.

Yep. I've enjoyed winning more than losing. Odd I know.

I don't even know why some people around here even follow us anymore. If you get no enjoyment out of it, then move along. im convinced theres a few on here that dont even support the club because literally everything they say is negative or condescending towards other supporters.
Danster level of pottle kettle black within the space of a sentence

Horray for being competitive in every game and sticking with a coach wasting a premiership window
Being competitive was fine when it was a Paul Roos team 10 years ago. I like how it's ugh you should enjoy it cause we're winning and that's all that matters, well then why bother watching? Just check the score if you're happy with just the result.
If you watch a movie and it's boring as * it doesnt make it awesome cause you picked it. If anything we're the true fans cause we don't need wins, just enjoyable footy

Back