Asia Is a US-China war about to break out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry.

When I say “do you have tangible evidence” I mean provide some hard substance, data, facts in a linked article from a credible source.

Not just your own opinion.

Read an article about preferred travellers, Chinese are low on the scale. As were Americans, also worked in the tourism industry so it all makes sense why. Surprisingly Australians are liked in Indonesia and certainly there was a pattern in the ASEAN region.

Id like to know your angle, are you self loathing or batting for the home team? That's a genuine question id like to know where your coming from and who im engaging with?

And whats your problem with brown (indians) people?

Last edited:
Sorry.

When I say “do you have tangible evidence” I mean provide some hard substance, data, facts in a linked article from a credible source.

Not just your own opinion.

Do yourself a favour & google 'Chinese Tourist Behaviours'. Multiple articles. Certainly others have their moments, but the Chinese!

You might just learn something about how they are REALLY viewed.

Do yourself a favour & google 'Chinese Tourist Behaviours'. Multiple articles. Certainly others have their moments, but the Chinese!

You might just learn something about how they are REALLY viewed.

As a tour guide I was endeared by the chinese, but not so for other tourist guides/tourists.

When there was a solid number of chinese people on the bus and a free lunch spread of sandwiches on the way to Phillip Island, we had to ration the food else the chinese would smash the spread before other could eat

And driving around chinese new year was an absolute nightmare!!!

So none of you can provide firm data except “Google it” and some pretty racist opinions against Chinese people, then you turn around and call me a racist for apparently hating Indians but I made it clear I don’t dislike the people of India but acknowledge they live in a poor country with pollution issues?

Who wants Chinese tourists back? The tourist minister in the current Liberal government actually:

State governments:

Business groups:

People who actually depend on tourism not trolls on the internet.

This is like your comments calling anyone not on the War bandwagon as a “woke greenie commie leftie” when in reality it’s the heads of Australian mining companies and other major businesses.

So none of you can provide firm data except “Google it” and some pretty racist opinions against Chinese people, then you turn around and call me a racist for apparently hating Indians but I made it clear I don’t dislike the people of India but acknowledge they live in a poor country with pollution issues?

Who wants Chinese tourists back? The tourist minister in the current Liberal government actually:

State governments:

Business groups:

This is like your comments calling anyone not on the War bandwagon as a “woke greenie commie leftie” when in reality it’s the heads of Australian mining companies and other major businesses.

Just because people like the money chinese tourism brings, doesn't mean their tourists overall have a good reputation in the industry.

With the brainwashing of whinnie the pooh, post pandemic its going to be a crashing of civilisations when chinese people travel no matter where they go.

Imagine they come here in aus and feel they are owed and entitled to something from us after the past 18 months?

However most travel in chinese groups, to chinese restaurants, as they are told to.
There not supposed to engage with foreigners when not in their country.
Its a very insecure nation really.

How torusts behave is relevant to its culture and political systems. Great article 10 years ago was how poorly Australians behaived when they toured Gallipoli in Turkey with a sense of self entitlement.

Last edited:

State governments:

Business groups:

We were on about how enamoured Asia is to the Chinese vis-a-vis Australians.

You show some vested interest people who want Chinese money, we show you how to see what the real feelings are from the Chinese behaviour. But you say thats trolling.

FMD you are pathetic & pigheaded to reason with. Enjoy your fried rice for lunch.

we show you how to see what the real feelings are from the Chinese behaviour. But you say thats trolling.

"Show you" and "real feelings" - no, that's your personal opinion, you haven't "Shown" me anything

FMD you are pathetic & pigheaded to reason with. Enjoy your fried rice for lunch.

Again, racist put downs are all you two can seem to provide.

I'll give you a personal anecdote from a local Australian tour operator who had to switch from mostly Asian/Chinese tourists to Australian ones due Covid. He said the Chinese were mostly well behaved and spent big $$$ on merchandise which boosted his profits, the mostly Aussie tourists won't spend anything on merchandise and have a habit of getting drunk, yelling and screaming late at night and getting so pissed they destroy hotel rooms and vomit everywhere, meaning $$$ for repair and clean up.

He is much looking forward to borders re-opening and wishes for the various tourist groups make getting Chinese tourists back in droves their first priority.

"Show you" and "real feelings" - no, that's your personal opinion, you haven't "Shown" me anything

Again, racist put downs are all you two can seem to provide.

I'll give you a personal anecdote from a local Australian tour operator who had to switch from mostly Asian/Chinese tourists to Australian ones due Covid. He said the Chinese were mostly well behaved and spent big $$$ on merchandise which boosted his profits, the mostly Aussie tourists won't spend anything on merchandise and have a habit of getting drunk, yelling and screaming late at night and getting so pissed they destroy hotel rooms and vomit everywhere, meaning $$$ for repair and clean up.

He is much looking forward to borders re-opening and wishes for the various tourist groups make getting Chinese tourists back in droves their first priority.

And despite your anecdotal evidence research suggest Australians are far more preferred tourists in our region than Chinese tourists. Let that sink in.

I can give you more anecdotal evidence of poor Western behavour, picking up western tourists from Base Backpackers - mostly Irish and English - a real party hostel and it's reputation.

I'm more than happy as you can tell with my postings from other threads, to question our political systems, our culture, and it's poor behaivour of our citizens.

The problem is and one which you need to accept is it's actually the other way around, Chinese people don't like a torch shined on things like covid, it's bullying of other nations, or even the bad behavour of it's tourists - notorious in fact., That may have some benefits to the CCP - it's absolutely detrimental to the behaivour of it's citizens and how they are viewed when they step foot out of their own country. It doesn't help that their nationalism is very insecure and fragile too as they often throw tantrums when it's discussed.

It sounds like you're very happy for white people and perceived anglo nation states to be prejudiced in our region, whilst expecting Chinese denizens have petals thrown at the feet when they enter the tarmac because of their wallets.

Just because people like the money chinese tourism brings, doesn't mean their tourists overall have a good reputation in the industry.

With the brainwashing of whinnie the pooh, post pandemic its going to be a crashing of civilisations when chinese people travel no matter where they go.

Imagine they come here in aus and feel they are owed and entitled to something from us after the past 18 months?

However most travel in chinese groups, to chinese restaurants, as they are told to.
There not supposed to engage with foreigners when not in their country.
Its a very insecure nation really.

How torusts behave is relevant to its culture and political systems. Great article 10 years ago was how poorly Australians behaived when they toured Gallipoli in Turkey with a sense of self entitlement.

most of this is completely wrong

you do not have to travel in groups, or go to chinese restaurants. what happens is exactly like what happens in Japan and Korea, tour group travel is the preferred way to holiday (as your itinerary is taken care of and you get to see as much as possible).

on restaurants, you are beyond deluded if you think chinese people enjoy a plate of sweet and sour pork and beef and black bean. Australian chinese food is pretty much hated because its too sweet and not spicy enough (esp in regional australia).

on being forced to places, this is by the tour operators. They have deals with shops and restaurants, and basically get commissions when they force people into them.

like Japanese people, most people are not confident with their English, which is why they dont speak to locals. They havent figured out yet that if you speak slowly and yell at people everyone can understand mandarin.

what you refer to is something that dates back to the 70's and 80's.

most of this is completely wrong

you do not have to travel in groups, or go to chinese restaurants. what happens is exactly like what happens in Japan and Korea, tour group travel is the preferred way to holiday (as your itinerary is taken care of and you get to see as much as possible).

on restaurants, you are beyond deluded if you think chinese people enjoy a plate of sweet and sour pork and beef and black bean. Australian chinese food is pretty much hated because its too sweet and not spicy enough (esp in regional australia).

on being forced to places, this is by the tour operators. They have deals with shops and restaurants, and basically get commissions when they force people into them.

like Japanese people, most people are not confident with their English, which is why they dont speak to locals. They havent figured out yet that if you speak slowly and yell at people everyone can understand mandarin.

what you refer to is something that dates back to the 70's and 80's.

Facepalm
You're trying to lecture ME what the torusim industry is like. More spin than Shane warne on day five at the scg as always.

If chinese people come here and tour in their groups which I can assure you the hundreds of times I was down at Phillip Island is what they do by the bus load, they are with chinese tour guides speaking in Mandarin. These groups advertise from chinese websites that is in some ways administered and watched with an eagle eye by ccp operatives. Which makes me think...

Anyways, in regards to the idea of black bean source limitations of chinese cuisine thats an outright lie or ignorance. Do you think the selection of chinese restaurants here is that meagre? Twenty years ago there wasn't a Northern chinese restaurant in Melbourne. Thats changed dramatically. You keep saying how the demographics of melbourne has changed, and so to has the restaurants. Ive been transferred in a driving role for a chinese tour group, it was straight to the Southbank to eat at a Michelin chinese restaurant for a tour around Melbourne. Tour guide was chinses of course.

Im sure there plenty of outliers and we shouldn't stereo type.

The reality is that my experience working in the industry is supported by almost all tour guides and people working in the industry.

The Japanese on the other hand the per cent age that mingle in a tour bus conducted by its non denizens and who explore the culture, they are another breed from nearly all other tourists, one of the favourites in most industry speaking eyes, funnily enough, supported by research into that.

Facepalm
You're trying to lecture ME what the torusim industry is like. More spin than Shane warne on day five at the scg as always.

If chinese people come here and tour in their groups which I can assure you the hundreds of times I was down at Phillip Island is what they do by the bus load, they are with chinese tour guides speaking in Mandarin. These groups advertise from chinese websites that is in some ways administered and watched with an eagle eye by ccp operatives. Which makes me think...

Anyways, in regards to the idea of black bean source limitations of chinese cuisine thats an outright lie or ignorance. Do you think the selection of chinese restaurants here is that meagre? Twenty years ago there wasn't a Northern chinese restaurant in Melbourne. Thats changed dramatically. You keep saying how the demographics of melbourne has changed, and so to has the restaurants. Ive been transferred in a driving role for a chinese tour group, it was straight to the Southbank to eat at a Michelin chinese restaurant for a tour around Melbourne. Tour guide was chinses of course.

The reality is that my experience working in the industry is supported by almost all tour guides and people working in the industry.

The Japanese on the other hand the per cent age that mingle in a tour bus conducted by its non denizens and who explore the culture, they are another breed from nearly all other tourists, one of the favourites in most industry speaking eyes, funnily enough, supported by research into that.

firstly they dont have govt observers in the tour groups. its not 1980 FFS

secondly most chinese in melbourne is meh unless you eat in box hill, glen waverley, chinatown, or a few other select suburbs. Most of Melbournes chinese food is either heavy influenced by cantonese food (which isnt very popular in the rest of china) or is made for anglos. Its getting better, but even in places like Clayton there is only 1-2 decent ones.

and most tours dont eat at hatted restaurants ffs

firstly they dont have govt observers in the tour groups. its not 1980 FFS

secondly most chinese in melbourne is meh unless you eat in box hill, glen waverley, chinatown, or a few other select suburbs. Most of Melbournes chinese food is either heavy influenced by cantonese food (which isnt very popular in the rest of china) or is made for anglos. Its getting better, but even in places like Clayton there is only 1-2 decent ones.

and most tours dont eat at hatted restaurants ffs

So most chinese restaurants are meh unless you eat from three or four different select suburbs and then all the other gems around town?

The restaurant I experienced was an expensive one in chinese style and all the customers were chinese, they'd just gotten off a plane from guangzhou, it was in southbank.

To me and you thats just bizarre its the last experience you'd want after hopping off a plane in a foreign land, they should be eating smashed avocado, Melbourne has one of the best restaurant food and dining scenes....
In the world!!!!! More cafes per capita than any other city in the world!!!

Plenty of average to above chinese restaurants certainly around me and most of the customers are chinese, like at least 80 per cent... there's restaurants that have a chinese menu in chinese.

Personally, like you im sure, hate dumbed down food from.any cuisine, and I like authentic, like a lot of 'guilos' so maybe the denizens here are cottoning onto that, I hope.

Your post doesn't rebuke what I and what the industry experience is, or Chinese tourist reputation based upon research in the industry.

So most chinese restaurants are meh unless you eat from three or four different select suburbs and then all the other gems around town?

The restaurant I experienced was an expensive one in chinese style and all the customers were chinese, they'd just gotten off a plane from guangzhou, it was in southbank.

To me and you thats just bizarre its the last experience you'd want after hopping off a plane in a foreign land, they should be eating smashed avocado, Melbourne has one of the best restaurant food and dining scenes....
In the world!!!!! More cafes per capita than any other city in the world!!!

Plenty of average to above chinese restaurants certainly around me and most of the customers are chinese, like at least 80 per cent... there's restaurants that have a chinese menu in chinese.

Personally, like you im sure, hate dumbed down food from.any cuisine, and I like authentic, like a lot of 'guilos' so maybe the denizens here are cottoning onto that, I hope.

Your post doesn't rebuke what I and what the industry experience is, or Chinese tourist reputation based upon research in the industry.

your industry experience is being a mini van driver and one experience at a hatted restaurant

nowhere have you got proof every chinese tour group has a CCP minder

you are a racist chinese hating individual, and you should consider preselection with One Nation as they are your peeps

(Log in to remove this ad.)

your industry experience is being a mini van driver and one experience at a hatted restaurant

nowhere have you got proof every chinese tour group has a CCP minder

you are a racist chinese hating individual, and you should consider preselection with One Nation as they are your peeps

Go back and check my posts i never said every bus has a ccp.minder.

I have loads of experience in the industry that you can listen and learn from.

You're getting beaten in this debate so you play the race card.

Just because posters don't fawn over China Paul Keating style like you doesn't make them a racist, grow up.

Go back and check my posts i never said every bus has a ccp.minder.

I have loads of experience in the industry that you can listen and learn from.

You're getting beaten in this debate so you play the race card.

Just because posters don't fawn over China Paul Keating style like you doesn't make them a racist, grow up.

every time you post you seem to keep coming back to bagging chinese people, how we dont know them, how you cant trust them, how you know because you have your little tourist job

that is 100% pure racist dribble, and the fact you dont think it is just shows how long gone you are

every time you post you seem to keep coming back to bagging chinese people, how we dont know them, how you cant trust them, how you know because you have your little tourist job

that is 100% pure racist dribble, and the fact you dont think it is just shows how long gone you are

When is racism really racism. I was engaging with what is almost certainly a chinese debizen who has referenced a number of times li kew? Singaporean philosopher Australia is the poor or dumb white trash of asia! Then you chimed in.

Ive said many good things about China, its just when im discussing with such a denizen or someone like you who shares Paul Keating position it can get a little heated

Facepalm

And when I'm in a country that doesn't speak English I'll also go on tours with people and tour guides who do.

Whats your point?

The Japanese on the other hand the per cent age that mingle in a tour bus conducted by its non denizens and who explore the culture,
This wasn’t always the case. It took time for Japanese tourists to explore with confidence. Japanese backpackers were unheard of at the start.

And when I'm in a country that doesn't speak English I'll also go on tours with people and tour guides who do.

Whats your point?

Actually the point was despite posters ned Flanders and schneebly's low opinion of australia in asia Australians were one of the most preferred tourists in the region, Chinese tourists were one of the least preferred. Americans also one of the least preferred.

Not sure how we got onto that it was a few days ago but it was relevant as to where the discussion had gone.

Personally I preferred the chinese tourists as they would be far more likely to leave me alone and I could get them on and off the bus on schedule more easily. Each to their own.

This wasn’t always the case. It took time for Japanese tourists to explore with confidence. Japanese backpackers were unheard of at the start.

They had a terrible reputation for a while after world war.II, but that changed, very polite and friendly culture.

The Australian newspaper really want a war and have been drumming up a war for years.
Dutton also has a fantasy of being a war time Prime Minister.

that was clear when his PS buddy was talking about the drums of war beating. for him to use that language means this is something that they are talking about.

what is it with fundy's always wanting to kill the other?

Well I really hope he doesn't become a wartime smoking crater
Don't believe the hype. It's weapon supply lobby groups and nationlistic politicians trying to feather their bed.
If you think an unprovoked China would attack Australia you've been sucked in and probably watch sky 'news' which is not a legitimate news source.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back