Introduce Yourself!

Remove this Banner Ad

First person to say G'day in 2014... I feel so special :D

Hi everybody im Dave I am 25ish and im from Melbourne. Been supporting the Suns since 2011, and been lurking around BF for waay too long! Last nights NAB game got me so excited about footy I finaly broke and created an account.

Good work Dave! That took a lot of courage :p

Welcome aboard. Don't take any crap from our resident trolls :rainbow::drunk:

And most of all, have fun!

Afternoon guys and gals , my name is Chris and I'm 25 years old from South Australia , besides going for Essendon , I have a pretty big soft spot for you suns , Daniel Gorringe is my favourite sun.
Hi Chris, rate Dan Gorringe pretty highly myself :thumbsu: have a feeling he could be a really solid contributor for the Suns in 2014. Mondays challenge game against the bombers cant come soon enough

First person to say G'day in 2014... I feel so special :D

Hi everybody im Dave I am 25ish and im from Melbourne. Been supporting the Suns since 2011, and been lurking around BF for waay too long! Last nights NAB game got me so excited about footy I finaly broke and created an account.

Hi Dave, is there a back story to the "courageous" tag?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Old schoolyard nickname - almost certainly an ironic one haha. LazyDave would have been WAY more appropriate.

Run it for all it's worth

So tell us about the time you saved some nuns from Steven Milne and a pack of wild dingoes?

Run it for all it's worth

So tell us about the time you saved some nuns from Steven Milne and a pack of wild dingoes?

Haha single handedly fighting off Milney and his pack of alledged dingo rapists is just one of my many feats of bravery. Ive saved nuns from a lot worse ;)

Haha single handedly fighting off Milney and his pack of alledged dingo rapists is just one of my many feats of bravery. Ive saved nuns from a lot worse ;)

Lucky you said alleged. I don't think he becomes a rapist until later this year

So after a little bit of reading I am now going to be an official poster on Bigfooty :D

I'm female (obviously, and probably the only one on here?) and despite being a footy fan for years I am trying to learn the finer points of the game and more importantly the Suns :)

I'm hoping that will help with my game day experience. I'm a regular at Metricon (and away sometimes) for the games

Please go easy on me if I sound dumb. I am still learning. Trying to make our great team more than just a weekly perve in my eyes :p

GO SUNS!

Welcome to BigFooty and the board, Miss_SUNShine !! Fantastic to have you on. We're all quite friendly here and will help you transition into the game. We have another poster who was brand new to the game and asked plenty of questions and got sensible answers. You're not the only female here, so no need to worry. ;)

So after a little bit of reading I am now going to be an official poster on Bigfooty :D

I'm female (obviously, and probably the only one on here?) and despite being a footy fan for years I am trying to learn the finer points of the game and more importantly the Suns :)

I'm hoping that will help with my game day experience. I'm a regular at Metricon (and away sometimes) for the games

Please go easy on me if I sound dumb. I am still learning. Trying to make our great team more than just a weekly perve in my eyes :p

GO SUNS!

Between our fearless moderator above, Big Red Machine and yourself there are now 3 females on the SUNS page that we can identify.
Welcome to Bigfooty. :thumbsu:

Thanks guys :)

I've thought about it before but worried that I didn't know enough to really be able to enjoy it. It's great to see there is a few other girls posting on here to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty encouraging to see more Gold Coast posters jump on BF in the recent months. I urge any other lurkers to join in the conversation regardless of your knowledge when it comes to footy. Virtually everyone in the Suns sub-forum is kind and won't attack you. The more the merrier :)

Miss_SUNShine, how about a little insight into how you got into football and what drew you to the Suns? Did you have an interest in any other sports prior to the Suns? I'm going to guess you are Gold Coast-based given you mentioned attending most games at Metricon.

I'm actually originally from Melbourne but I've moved up here a while ago and watching a new team grow and develop really drew my attention and when I finally started getting involved the club was so welcoming and friendly that it just sold me.
I've always liked footy and it was a big part of my family but I'd always support our 'family' team rather than my own.
There was the Lions I guess but I don't think they were ever really and option for me.
I'm closer to the Brisbane CBD than the coast but travel is made easy enough.
I'm a sports fan in general, again I don't know a lot of the finer details but I love going to or watching the Soccer or Tennis and I've played my fair share of sports over the years to, kinda makes you appreciate it a little more :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm actually originally from Melbourne but I've moved up here a while ago and watching a new team grow and develop really drew my attention and when I finally started getting involved the club was so welcoming and friendly that it just sold me.
I've always liked footy and it was a big part of my family but I'd always support our 'family' team rather than my own.
There was the Lions I guess but I don't think they were ever really and option for me.
I'm closer to the Brisbane CBD than the coast but travel is made easy enough.
I'm a sports fan in general, again I don't know a lot of the finer details but I love going to or watching the Soccer or Tennis and I've played my fair share of sports over the years to, kinda makes you appreciate it a little more :)
Forgot to welcome you to BF haha. Welcome Miss_SUNShine!

You're a right on the money when you say the club treats their fans very well. Plenty of second generation Victorians supporting the Suns these days so you are not alone there but I'm sure you already know that through living here. I've got a funny feeling the 'family' team may have been Collingwood haha. I never jumped on the Lions bandwagon either but that may have had something to do with my team being a big rival of Brisbane back in the day.

Fair to say you frequent the Brisbane International and Brisbane Roar games? Playing the sport definitely makes you appreciate it more. Footy is one of the toughest games you'll ever play so I have a high appreciation for what these guys do every week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back