Opinion International Geopolitics

Remove this Banner Ad

page won't load GD but I assume this is the one?

Knew nothing about him but he seems quite a 'campaigner'. An outlier that I'm glad to watch from afar tbh.

The full sky interview is here. The slight Irish lilt is what makes it work.

Different one - try it now ;)

Just put the lot of them in nursing homes. 1/3 of the US Senate is over 70! JFC.

And what is that weird music playing over his speeches? Like a bedtime story.

What a speech!
Seems the chamber on BOTH side admires him and his vision.
Notice rude and crude MTG ignoring the whole thing and playing with her phone. Not an ounce for respect for anyone.

Yes, it would impress you, wouldn't it?

Here's something for you to chew on: the bill as it stands proposes the hiring of 1,500 new border patrol personnel.

When Trump was elected in 2016, one of the first things he did was sign an order to hire 15,000 new border personnel.

"After Trump signed his executive orders in 2017, ICE requested $830 million to hire about 3,000 new officers and build capacity to ultimately bring on 10,000, according to a Government and Accountability Office report.

Instead, Congress last year gave ICE $15.7 million for 65 new agents plus 70 attorneys and support staff.

For its part, CBP requested $330 million to hire 1,250 Border Patrol agents and build capacity to ultimately hire 5,000, according to the GAO report.

Congress gave CBP about $65 million in 2017 to improve hiring practices and to offer incentives for agents to transfer to understaffed sites. In 2018, it provided $20 million more than the agency sought for recruitment and retention."

From 2018:

"Border Patrol also saw a net loss in agents in fiscal 2017 and is still nearly 2,000 agents short of its current congressionally-mandated floor. CBP is looking to improve that trend by adjusting its polygraph exam, changing its physical fitness test and reforming its training process. Agency leaders have said the average application processing time has decreased from 400 days in 2014 to 160 days today. Still, for the second consecutive year, CBP advised lawmakers to reduce its allocation for personnel by more than $200 million because its payroll costs are going to fall short of its projections. Congress used the savings to boost CBP-wide recruitment and retention programs, as well as “other operational requirements.”

The budget request for new Border Patrol agents, in particular, was not supported by any analysis of workload and capability gaps across CBP that would be necessary to evaluate the benefits of the proposal as compared to other investments,” congressional appropriators said.

So in other words - all this 'bi-partisan' bullshit bill does is give CBP enough money to hire enough agents to meet the bare minimum requirements to service the current inflow of illegal immigrants. And you wonder why most Republicans reject that s**t?

Give enough money to hire another 5,000 Border Patrol agents like the CBP asked for back in 2018 and then we can talk 'compromise'.

You want to talk about real solutions, that's a real solution. Put $60b toward the border and Ukraine can have $20B.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worth a listen for those who are susceptible to Putin’ propaganda.

I listened to it.

September 2013 - Ambassador Victoria Nuland assumed her position as Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs

November 2013 - Viktor Yanukovych decides that an alliance with Russia is better than joining the EU, who put far greater stipulations on their bailout money than Russia did (the money was coming from the IMF and he probably didn't want to give up rights to his gas field if he couldn't pay off the loan). This alliance would have eventually brought Ukraine into the BRICS bloc of countries. Russia, who was Ukraine's biggest trade partner at the time, warns that joining the EU will have economic ramifications for both countries and suggests a trilateral discussion between all three parties as to the best path forward. For it's part, the Crimean autonomous government encouraged the strengthening of ties with Russia.

February 2014 - Victoria Nuland and the US State Department agitates for a 'Revolution of Dignity' (aka Euromaidan) which ousts Yanukovych from power. The incoming government signs the first step into EU membership. In response, Russia invades Crimea, where they had been leasing the deep warm water port of Sevastopol - most likely because this port would have been one of the assets that Ukraine would have put up for the IMF loan.

Ask yourself why Nuland has suddenly retired as Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs. She can see the writing on the wall with Trump.

If people want to know what really is going on in these affairs, listen to this from 2013/2014:

Yeah nah Galloway is a grifter with a very complicated history of flipping from one side to the other. He may make sense today, but didn't yesterday and won't tomorrow
I get that now but really so what? Someone who eloquently and forcefully calls out the scripted media crap with facts just once is better than nothing.

And he lives on the other side of the world so his flip-flop politics means f-all to me. And on the subjest of this interview he was 100% consistent with what he has said previously.

It was beautiful to watch.

Last edited:
Gosh you lot are spesh sometimes

"Galloway blamed the Russian invasion of Ukraine on the West and has been accused of spreading pro-Russian disinformation."

"What a legend"
- sobrave

Or is this the part of the program where we can admit to agreeing with some stuff and disagreeing with other stuff about a person's politics and drop the all or nothing extremism?

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Gosh you lot are spesh sometimes

"Galloway blamed the Russian invasion of Ukraine on the West and has been accused of spreading pro-Russian disinformation."

"What a legend"
- sobrave

Or is this the part of the program where we can admit to agreeing with some stuff and disagreeing with other stuff about a person's politics and drop the all or nothing extremism?

Calm down ya peanut I know nothing about him, it was a good interview that's all. Stop trying to score internet points and go live your life

Calm down ya peanut I know nothing about him, it was a good interview that's all. Stop trying to score internet points and go live your life
I don't know whether to call you big Tex or Tom Jonas based on that reply, I'll leave that up to you.

The 7 Mountains Mandate that Morrison was keen on.

“In real time we are watching the United States of America become a Christofascist state. We can look back at the history of Ireland to see what happens when countries are ruled “in the name of God.” And, we can, and must, look at the history of Germany under Hitler to see how quickly a multicultural, democratic, progressive and tolerant society can be brought under a fascist dictatorship.

When I first began researching dominionism, I thought the 7 Mountains agenda could never succeed, but that they could do a lot of harm trying. Now, as America teeters on the knife-edge between democracy and Christofascism, I’m convinced our hold on a free, progressive, democratic society is not something we should ever take for granted.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back