Analysis Inside 50s into goals

Remove this Banner Ad

I find it interesting that our forwards coach sits on the bench (back bench)

I would have thought being in the box and attempting to come up with different structures / changes would be more important

I find it interesting that our forwards coach sits on the bench (back bench)

I would have thought being in the box and attempting to come up with different structures / changes would be more important

Probably hates Carr

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

In the Stuart Graham thread I wrote that I told Ford Fairlane at Alberton at one of the trials this year, I have to keep some stats on goal square conversion because our oppo seems to kick a lot more goals than us from the goal square over a season. I have been too lazy to keep these stats, but my eyes tell me nothing has really changed.

Put of the discussion with Ford wasn't just about us kicking goals from the goal square, or oppo running into an open goal square, but poor defending and not being smart enough, or skilled enough to knock the ball thru the oppo's goal line or behind line to kill the ball and not let the oppo score an easy goal from a metre out or less.

It also ties in with what I have also been typing about we work too bloody hard for our goals and then the oppo from kick ins or general turnovers slice thru our high high press and get out in space and end up scoring easy goals.

So I thought I'd get off my arse, but took a bit of a short cut and looked at the Footy Live app's graphics.

The worst has been against Collingwood.

1714370211304.png

Rd 1 v WCE

1714371062267.png

Last edited:

"We need to look at the way we move the ball collectively through the ground and then inside 50 and not just be pleased that we have 10 more inside 50s than the opposition for I don't know how many times in a row.

Finally Ken has acknowledged the problem.

I guess its safe for Janus to admit it now too then.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That first half is exactly what we have been crying out for.

It would be great to see the behind the goals footage and I haven't checked the pressure rating so I'm not sure how much of it was them allowing us to free roll and how much was our system being better. I suspect Geelongs midfield pressure was far less, which was partially rectified by their sub.

However the leading and creating space was infinitely better.

I noted on the match day thread that one of Marshall's goals when they showed the behind the goals replay was a direct result of Duxon leading up to the 50 and creating a vacuum behind him.

52 inside 50s for 15 goals. Yes please.

That first half is exactly what we have been crying out for.

It would be great to see the behind the goals footage and I haven't checked the pressure rating so I'm not sure how much of it was them allowing us to free roll and how much was our system being better. I suspect Geelongs midfield pressure was far less, which was partially rectified by their sub.

However the leading and creating space was infinitely better.

I noted on the match day thread that one of Marshall's goals when they showed the behind the goals replay was a direct result of Duxon leading up to the 50 and creating a vacuum behind him.

52 inside 50s for 15 goals. Yes please.

Definitely saw that too.

I’m sure they did that early on last season.

At the end of the year we just reverted to bomb it in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back