News Injuries and Suspensions 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd out? Bit disappointing, it was nice having 8 defenders last week, but I've got Highmore on the bench and he's in good form, so ...

Highmore has been withdrawn from the team
Ah well, Joel Jeffrey is a bit of a spud but it's better than a zer ...
Tom Stewart out as well
So I go into Thursday with 8 defenders, I go into Friday with at least a full complement of defenders and an emergency, yet I'll still manage to cop a zero. Cool.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/663694/-not-just-a-roll-sydney-sweats-on-injuries-to-blakey-star-mid

SYDNEY will sweat on injury concerns to co-captain Josh Kennedy and youngster Nick Blakey as the finals draw closer.

Kennedy limped off clutching his hamstring in the final minutes of Saturday night's 91-77 win over North Melbourne, while Blakey was substituted out of the game with an ankle injury in the third quarter and will require scans.

Lance Franklin was rested against the Roos while Jake Lloyd was ruled out due to ongoing knee soreness. Longmire said both are expected to play next week against Gold Coast.

But he was less confident that Callum Mills would return, after the gun midfielder missed for a second week due to Achilles soreness.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/663694/-not-just-a-roll-sydney-sweats-on-injuries-to-blakey-star-mid

SYDNEY will sweat on injury concerns to co-captain Josh Kennedy and youngster Nick Blakey as the finals draw closer.

Kennedy limped off clutching his hamstring in the final minutes of Saturday night's 91-77 win over North Melbourne, while Blakey was substituted out of the game with an ankle injury in the third quarter and will require scans.

Lance Franklin was rested against the Roos while Jake Lloyd was ruled out due to ongoing knee soreness. Longmire said both are expected to play next week against Gold Coast.

But he was less confident that Callum Mills would return, after the gun midfielder missed for a second week due to Achilles soreness.
Mills picked last week was horse s**t.

I always think the risk of players being rested is overblown, but I wonder if the strong talk of scrapping the pre-finals bye has spooked some teams into resting key players (e.g. Lloyd, May).
Absolutely, and wait for the carnage next week if they do scrap the bye. Going to need a good sense of humour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just to begin the early warning of carnage for the final round:

David Noble mentioned in his press conference that Jack Ziebell has been managing a niggle and came off late in yesterday's game. The tweet got lost in translation a little, but at this time of year, an injury is an injury:

I'm trying to put the horrors of 3 donuts including 2 late outs out of my mind and this site decides it has to remind me of Tom Stewart by putting up an ad which includes this picture.

View attachment 1207443

I'm getting the same ad!

De Niro Look.gif

News just coming out that Dion Prestia is likely to be suspended for being part of the Richmond pub crawl on the weekend :rolleyes:
I know he isn't really Supercoach relevant except for my opponent in the Cashie Grand final has him with No bench cover and No Trades left:p

5074961.jpg

News just coming out that Dion Prestia is likely to be suspended for being part of the Richmond pub crawl on the weekend :rolleyes:
I know he isn't really Supercoach relevant except for my opponent in the Cashie Grand final has him with No bench cover and No Trades left:p

View attachment 1207741
what a great culture you guys have at Richmond. Dion is just a wonderful "richmond man"

what a great culture you guys have at Richmond. Dion is just a wonderful "richmond man"

Clearly the culture is falling apart. During our premiership winning years you didn't see this kind of behavior...

He clearly should have went to the strip club and got in a fight aswell. C'mon Dion, you can do better.

I bet you would love a culture like that at your club. A Winning culture :cool:

Last edited:
Weren't they copying the All Blacks no dickheads policy? 😂 Didn't they get King Ritchie to speak to them before one GF.

Guess Dion was in the treatment room so missed those insights.

Late out huh .....touch & go Huh ?

Oh sure sure.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back