Independent doctors at every match

Remove this Banner Ad

See. We can all post inane ramblings.

Club and AFL say one thing. BF bums know better.. With no medical degrees of course.
It's delayed concussion. Do you need a dictionary definition of 'delayed'?

You must care a lot about your players health. A guy that suffered a bad concussion last year courtesy of Gary Rohan got absolutely smashed in the head twice in one game, and you'd rather he stay on to try and win a H&A game than look after him.

A delayed concussion means he has a brain injury. That in itself means the safest course of action was to get him off. What happens if he gets smashed again in the last 5 minutes?

I get you're getting your rocks off trolling, but objectively it's an awful look for the league which pretends to care about head injuries.

Neither did Cameron. He should have been HIA assessed at the very least. Aliir was.
Would have thought the doctor should have been even more cautious after the bad one Cameron copped last year

Can we have our 100k back?

I mean, we were wrong, but somehow the AFL now makes it looks like its OK in certain situations.

(By situations, I don't mean "Australian states".)

Did you watch the game? Did you see the footage of Cameron with the doctor?
Nope. I'm just responding to the post about them not doing a HIA - based on this and the AFL ticking it off, they did.

It's another argument altogether as to whether the HIA is sufficient, or whether he should have passed it. I'm not commenting on that.

From the Geelong website about the incident. Just because you don't understand the protocol doesn't mean I'm wrong.

View attachment 1986083

Hey fair enough if that’s all it takes for a HIA then I guess it’s all good….😬

He did most likely ask him 3 seperate times if he was ok - and definitely could have also snuck in a question about which quarter it was, who they were playing and who the current Prime Minister was - lucky we moved past changing that one every few months.

From the Geelong website about the incident. Just because you don't understand the protocol doesn't mean I'm wrong.

View attachment 1986083
So they went through

What venue are we at today?
Which half is it now?
Who scored last in this match?
What team did you play last week/game?
Did your team win the last game?

And

Do you have a headache?
Do you have any dizziness?
Do you have any ‘pressure in your head’?
Do you feel nauseated or do you feel like vomiting?
Do you have any blurred vision?
Does the light or noise worry you?
Do you feel as though you are slowing down?
Do you feel like you are ‘in a fog’?
Do you feel unwell?

Can we have our 100k back?

I mean, we were wrong, but somehow the AFL now makes it looks like its OK in certain situations.

(By situations, I don't mean "Australian states".)
Aliir being knocked out and not even being put through a SCAT5 is not the same as Cameron taking a head knock and being assessed on field. Being KO'd is grounds for automatically being ruled out of the game, unlike a head knock which doesn't do that. Geelong very likely would have been penalised in a similar way if they didn't conduct a HIA, but they did.

I understand you won't agree with me but the situations are very different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So they went through

What venue are we at today?
Which half is it now?
Who scored last in this match?
What team did you play last week/game?
Did your team win the last game?

And

Do you have a headache?
Do you have any dizziness?
Do you have any ‘pressure in your head’?
Do you feel nauseated or do you feel like vomiting?
Do you have any blurred vision?
Does the light or noise worry you?
Do you feel as though you are slowing down?
Do you feel like you are ‘in a fog’?
Do you feel unwell?
No. I believe these questions are part of the SCAT6 assessment, which he wasn't put through until post game.

The point here is Port said pretty much the same thing at the time. Just because you say it doesn't make it true.
Aliir was out on the ground minutes after being clearly KO'd. At the very least he was required to take a SCAT5, meaning a minumum 15 minute break. He wasn't put through that.

For the AFL to tick this off is appalling... Port Adelaide were fined for something like this.

Geelong's 100% failed Cameron's health & well-being there should have been a fine issued any other club I believe would have been strife.

Aliir being knocked out and not even being put through a SCAT5 is not the same as Cameron taking a head knock and being assessed on field. Being KO'd is grounds for automatically being ruled out of the game, unlike a head knock which doesn't do that. Geelong very likely would have been penalised in a similar way if they didn't conduct a HIA, but they did.

I understand you won't agree with me but the situations are very different.
Every situation is different, but I watched that last night.

A player slams his head into the ground under full body force. Then is motionless for a couple of seconds. Then turns over and holds his head in his hands for a few more. Then gets up gingerly. Then the doctor asks him if he's ok, "yeah sure".

If that's a HIA, then you can finish it quicker than you can say it. And embarrassing to be signed off by the AFL.

Was just responding to the comment on Aliir. 100% Cameron should've been taken off the ground and thats why we need independent docs
As I stated earlier, aliir actually did come off, did the hia (which Geelong apparently did while on Cameron stayed on the ground so all good) but didn’t do the 15 minute scat 5 which we were fined for.

You must care a lot about your players health. A guy that suffered a bad concussion last year courtesy of Gary Rohan got absolutely smashed in the head twice in one game, and you'd rather he stay on to try and win a H&A game than look after him.
He was taken off because he was KO'd.
And don't put words in my mouth. If a player is clearly concussed ala Tom Liberatore earlier in the year when he fell over. Go off. This was different.
A delayed concussion means he has a brain injury. That in itself means the safest course of action was to get him off. What happens if he gets smashed again in the last 5 minutes?
So you do need a dictionary definition for delayed.

What part of showing no symptoms is hard for you to grasp? Doctor went on field saw no symptoms. AFL crew in the ARC saw no symptoms. And yet you still want him off. The first sign of concussion was this morning.
I get you're getting your rocks off trolling, but objectively it's an awful look for the league which pretends to care about head injuries.
Not trolling at all. I am one of the few sitting on the correct side of facts. Relying on those facts.
And not trying to be a couch doctor as I get my 130 keg frame to the fridge for another beer.

Facts remain that on ground HIA was done. No symptoms reported. ARC spotters saw nothing to the contrary. AFL ticked off the process that took place. Club doctors monitored in real time, then reviewed footage, monitored after the game and then again this morning, and it wasn't until Saturday morning Cameron shows delayed concussion symptoms.

These are all FACTS. Refute the facts are I will continue to refer to you as an ill informed couch doctor.

Every situation is different, but I watched that last night.

A player slams his head into the ground under full body force. Then is motionless for a couple of seconds. Then turns over and holds his head in his hands for a few more. Then gets up gingerly. Then the doctor asks him if he's ok, "yeah sure".

If that's a HIA, then you can finish it quicker than you can say it. And embarrassing to be signed off by the AFL.
As I said:
Nope. I'm just responding to the post about them not doing a HIA - based on this and the AFL ticking it off, they did.

It's another argument altogether as to whether the HIA is sufficient, or whether he should have passed it. I'm not commenting on that.

View attachment 1986101

Met point 2. So should have been removed from play.
No assessment of point 8.

But yeah, signed off so all good, nothing to see here.
Point 2 is not relevant to this situation when the impact was when he hit the ground. It's relevant when the head knock occurs immediately before a player falls to the ground (and the player is unable to protect themselves on the way down), not as a result of hitting the ground.

Point 2 is not relevant to this situation when the impact was when he hit the ground. It's relevant when the head knock occurs immediately before a player falls to the ground (and the player is unable to protect themselves on the way down), not as a result of hitting the ground.
I disagree with you but no matter.
So back to the questions. They are part of the HIA. Saw nothing of the sort. But there's a Zapruder film out there that probably proves that they did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back