Ghost/Paranormal IF Ghosts exist...

Remove this Banner Ad

As the author of the story in the ghosts thread regarding my sister's experience I am obviously a believer but can completely understand those that are sceptical because the evidence just really isn't all that compelling.

However for mine, I think a big thing is just how far our science has come at this point. We like to think that in 2014 we know everything, but if you look back at the advances made over the last 100-200 years it really highlights just how far we still have to go.

In today's age we may not be able to prove the existence of ghosts and the 'soul' but who's to say that in 100 years time the science of the day can't definitively prove the existence of such things.

I know you're not, it's all good. There are a lot of esoteric question to be answered as well.
Am I pro-religion? Not necessarily, however I am Christian. Does that shape my belief and understanding
of the spiritual? Absolutely. I think however the question of pointing to the existence of God is far greater
that if ghosts are real of not! For example, if ghosts and spirits are real, then yes it is an indicator that
there may be a God, however, if they are not real, then it doesn't disprove the possibility of a God, who by definition,
is more than just spirit - if that makes sense. I don't explain myself properly some times!

That line is pure gold.

If you're a Christian surely you must be pro-religion. You can't be not in favour of something if you believe in it.

really?
This really isn't the forum for this, but religiousness and Christianity are quite different.

Residual "ghosts" do not mean there is an afterlife.

It means the universe might be like one huge imprint recording studio.

Well there is a suggestion that black holes record a copy of everything that enters it upon its surface.

I always thought this video showed that repeating residual effect well.

It seems to start from the same point and move in the same pattern as if its stuck on the same frames.

I know a lady who says she can speak to spirits, she's very spiritual, she says everyone has the ability, it's just whether you choose to develop/use it. While it doesn't really prove anything, I tend to believe what she says.

I believe in spirits & and afterlife, not from personal experience, but from things I've seen, heard & read. We're all energy, vibrating at a certain frequency. In this physical world, things vibrate at a lower frequency, whereas spirits vibrate at a higher frequency. So we can exist in the same space, but don't bump into eachother because we're vibrating on different frequencies.

Human's can heighten their vibrational frequency through meditation, and I assume spirits can practice some kind of control to lower their frequency to be able to communicate with people in the physical world.

Think of radio's, a whole bunch of different stations being transmitted at the same time but don't interfere with eachother (unless they're really close together) because they're on different frequencies. If you don't have a radio you'd never know it was there, but does that mean that radio frequencies don't exist?

Our 5 senses are extremely limited, so we only have access to a minute amount of information that is out there. By extension, our science is limited by our own limitations, and our imagination.

If ghosts/spirits (lets not get into pointless semantics) DO exist, we will eventually develop ways to detect them. And if spirits DO exist, it supports belief in god, or some sort of powerful being/force. As far as religions/bibles go, they're of this world, so I can't trust them 100%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know a lady who says she can speak to spirits, she's very spiritual, she says everyone has the ability, it's just whether you choose to develop/use it. While it doesn't really prove anything, I tend to believe what she says.

I also asked her, if we get reincarnated, then why don't I remember my past lives. She answered, "because you choose not to". So that opened up another set of possibilities for me. Apparently it's possible to remember your past lives, so further proof exists if you choose to pursue it.

I also asked her, if we get reincarnated, then why don't I remember my past lives. She answered, "because you choose not to". So that opened up another set of possibilities for me. Apparently it's possible to remember your past lives, so further proof exists if you choose to pursue it.

Well, can anyone remember their past lives?

There's been a lot of past life regression hypnosis done, but the evidence is pretty flimsy - likely just caused by a combination of the subconscious and the hypnotist's suggestions.

Some cases are quite astounding though, having said that....

I think mystics are full of shit most of the time. They are embarrassing to watch as they try and fake their way to an answer.

One school of thought regarding ghosts claims that they are the residual energy of the personality of the deceased person. If one is open to the concept that matter is merely condensed energy or energy vibrating at different rates then this may make some sense to you. The personality specifically is an interesting point as it does not refer to any spiritual values as such like souls or spirits as is often related to the subject of ghosts. Such concepts pertain to what could be deemed an afterlife whereas the personality (the values specific to a person's culture, education, environment, era etc.) is not required to live on and in fact eventually dissolves much like the physical body. According to such a theory at times these energetic critters float about conducting the very same affairs they always did in life and if told they were no longer counted among the living would regard such an informant as a madman. Obviously we are in metaphysical territory here but I don't believe this subject holds any religious ramifications, even regarding the 'afterlife'. I think we are simply dealing with disembodied energy, basically psychic refuse that has not yet broken down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back