ICC T20 World Cup 2024 USA/West Indies (June 2-June 29)

Who will win the T20 World Cup in 2024?

• India

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Australia

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • England

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • South Africa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Zealand

• Pakistan

• West Indies

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Sri Lanka

• Bangladesh

• Afghanistan

• Netherlands

• Ireland

• Namibia

• Scotland

• Oman

• Uganda

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Nepal

• USA

• Canada

• Papua New Guinea

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

West Indies:
Rovman Powell (capt), Alzarri Joseph (vc), Johnson Charles, Roston Chase, Shimron Hetmyer, Shamar Joseph, Brandon King, Nicholas Pooran, Shai Hope, Andre Russell, Romario Shepherd, Jason Holder, Akeal Hosein, Gudakesh Motie, Sherfane Rutherford

USA:
Monank Patel (capt), Aaron Jones (vice-capt), Andries Gous, Corey Anderson, Ali Khan, Harmeet Singh, Jessy Singh, Milind Kumar, Nisarg Patel, Nitish Kumar, Noshtush Kenjige, Saurabh Netravalkar, Shadley Van Schalkwyk, Steven Taylor, Shayan Jahangir

West Indies:
Rovman Powell (capt), Alzarri Joseph (vc), Johnson Charles, Roston Chase, Shimron Hetmyer, Shamar Joseph, Brandon King, Nicholas Pooran, Shai Hope, Andre Russell, Romario Shepherd, Jason Holder, Akeal Hosein, Gudakesh Motie, Sherfane Rutherford

USA:
Monank Patel (capt), Aaron Jones (vice-capt), Andries Gous, Corey Anderson, Ali Khan, Harmeet Singh, Jessy Singh, Milind Kumar, Nisarg Patel, Nitish Kumar, Noshtush Kenjige, Saurabh Netravalkar, Shadley Van Schalkwyk, Steven Taylor, Shayan Jahangir
Canada have also released their squad. Was gonna get around to doing Best XI's, though for some reason my work computer doesn't allow me to access bigbashboard to do the research for the smaller nations.

Biggest snub there for the USA team is Unmukt Chand. He's story and move to the US was to culminate with him playing for USA in USA v India and Virat Kohli

#CAN Best XI
1Aaron Johnson
2Rayyankhan PathanRavinderpal Singh
3Navneet DhaliwalPargat Singh
4Harsh Thakur
5Nicholas Kirton
6Saad Bin Zafar (c)
7Dillon Heyliger
8Shreyas Movva (+)Kanwarpal Tathgur
9Junaid SiddiquiDilpreet Bajwa
10Kaleem Sana
11Jeremy Gordon

#WIN Best XI
1Brandon King
2Johnson Charles
3Shai Hope (+)
4Nicholas PooranShimron Hetmyer
5Andre RussellRoston Chase
6Rovman Powell (c)
7Romario ShepardSherfane Rutherford
8Jason Holder
9Akeal HoseinGudakesh Motie
10Shamar Joseph
11Alzarii Joseph

#USA Best XI
1Nitish KumarShayan Jahangir
2Monank Patel (c)
3Steven Taylor (+)Aaron Jones
4Milind Kumar
5Corey Anderson
6Andries Gous
7Harmeet SinghShadley Van Schalkwyk
8Nisarg Patel
9Jessy Singh
10Ali KhanNoshtush Kenjige
11Saurabh Netravalkar

#WIN Best XI
1Brandon King
2Johnson Charles
3Shai Hope (+)
4Nicholas PooranShimron Hetmyer
5Andre RussellRoston Chase
6Rovman Powell (c)
7Romario ShepardSherfane Rutherford
8Jason Holder
9Akeal HoseinGudakesh Motie
10Shamar Joseph
11Alzarii Joseph
Shamar Joseph still yet to take a wicket in T20 cricket, currently 0/119 (12) in his pro T20 career. Straight in to the best XI.

More runs for JFM overnight, but no let's pick Warner who can't get a game or Stoinis who has had 1 good innings in years

Hope we don't win this WC tbh. Arrogant selections of mates annoys me no end when form is completely ignored

Felt the same when Bancroft was overlooked for the test side.

More runs for JFM overnight, but no let's pick Warner who can't get a game or Stoinis who has had 1 good innings in years

Hope we don't win this WC tbh. Arrogant selections of mates annoys me no end when form is completely ignored

Felt the same when Bancroft was overlooked for the test side.
David Warner averages 39 in T20Is in the last two years, going at a strike of 154. In 2024, it's 51.25 at 165.

Marcus Stoinis averages 30 in the last two years, striking at 156. He also had 19 wickets, at an average of 20.

JFM has faced 23 balls in international cricket.

There's a reason these guys get picked, and it's because they perform at international level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David Warner averages 39 in T20Is in the last two years, going at a strike of 154. In 2024, it's 51.25 at 165.

Marcus Stoinis averages 30 in the last two years, striking at 156. He also had 19 wickets, at an average of 20.

JFM has faced 23 balls in international cricket.

There's a reason these guys get picked, and it's because they perform at international level.
While I don't completely disagree with your sentiment, Warner's 2024 stats are from a sample size of three, no? With one score of 81 inflating those numbers. His last five IPL numbers - 1, 8, 10, 18, 52 - are certainly less impressive.

Stoinis could barely get the ball off the square the last 2 BBL's. More of a sample size than a couple of T20I games where he was bloody lucky to even feature

While I don't completely disagree with your sentiment, Warner's 2024 stats are from a sample size of three, no? With one score of 81 inflating those numbers. His last five IPL numbers - 1, 8, 10, 18, 52 - are certainly less impressive.
Four. Two fifties, lowest score of 22.

1000000224.png

Call me old fashioned, but international performance is important when picking people to play at a World Cup.

Three of those against the Windies, who are not the strongest T20 team (nor the weakest). Just reckon he's shot, quietly, and will be found out against the world's best, as he was in India.
I reckon selectors will take more notice of a 15-year record of consistently elite T20 international cricket over a couple of bad weeks.

I reckon selectors will take more notice of a 15-year record of consistently elite T20 international cricket over a couple of bad weeks.
By that logic, he should just keep going into his 40s or 50s. He's got 15 years of credits. At some point, he will not be international standard, given his age, it's actually like to either have already happened or be about to happen. It's my opinion we will get to the end of this WC and say, oh, it happened. Selectors need to be more attuned to that than an average punter like me.

If he proves me wrong, I'll happily acknowledge it.

The thing with David Warner , is he falls into the boat of a player that selectors would have to drop before he decides that he will want to retire/stop playing. In test cricket, could have easily gone on another 2-3 years but do feel that the publics disapproval eventually to his retirement decision in that form of the game.

The thing with David Warner , is he falls into the boat of a player that selectors would have to drop before he decides that he will want to retire/stop playing. In test cricket, could have easily gone on another 2-3 years but do feel that the publics disapproval eventually to his retirement decision in that form of the game.

Really?

I think Stoinis gets picked before others in a squad, mainly because he gets along with everyone and knows he is there as a back up and doesn't cause any disruptions if he doesn't play.

Stoinis could barely get the ball off the square the last 2 BBL's. More of a sample size than a couple of T20I games where he was bloody lucky to even feature
Stoinis last 2 BBLs where he could barely get it off the square: Avg 23.93 SR 145.

JFM last 2 BBLs who must play or I hope we lose: Avg 21.21 SR 143.

There is certainly an argument that JFM should be picked for Australia but the way people are acting like it's some outrageous omission is ridiculous. It's line ball at best as to whether you can trust the JFM IPL form given the conditions the IPL is currently being played in over a mountain of previous form from others at international level.

I think I'd have picked him but if you can't see there's an entirely reasonable basis to lean towards Warner then I think you're being disingenuous.

Could they have picked both? Maybe but then you lose either wk cover, all rounder cover or a 2nd spinner for conditions in the West Indies where you can often turn up and it be a dustbowl.

Stoinis last 2 BBLs where he could barely get it off the square: Avg 23.93 SR 145.

JFM last 2 BBLs who must play or I hope we lose: Avg 21.21 SR 143.

There is certainly an argument that JFM should be picked for Australia but the way people are acting like it's some outrageous omission is ridiculous. It's line ball at best as to whether you can trust the JFM IPL form given the conditions the IPL is currently being played in over a mountain of previous form from others at international level.

I think I'd have picked him but if you can't see there's an entirely reasonable basis to lean towards Warner then I think you're being disingenuous.

Could they have picked both? Maybe but then you lose either wk cover, all rounder cover or a 2nd spinner for conditions in the West Indies where you can often turn up and it be a dustbowl.
I think everyone and his dog agrees Warner no longer deserves his spot in the side
Stoinis too. How people are defending this selection is truly mystifying to me, he has been hopeless for large chunks then an odd innings (usually a pretty meaningless one) to cement his spot for another year.

JFM is young and has the ability to improve rapidly, the other 2 do not. Take the punt

Short should be in the side too if you want to use BBL form but many here are just picking and choosing when to use form and when to ignore it

Back