Opinion Hypothetical Mid season Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Melbourne would trade some spare defenders and picks to North for Larkey if they could.
Collingwood would try for a key forward, thry wouldn't have the currency for Larkey though.

Not sure if Dimma was a fan, but he might have considered trading in Noah Cumberland for a crack in the Suns fwd line.

I'd trade AJ and Kreuger for Taylor Walker.....

Tom Barrass for B Smith

I’d be in favour of the cats shifting a draft pick for Jack Macrae. He’s stuck out on a wing for Bulldogs where as he’d be the player blocked for at the cats.

Well you gotta trade a player for a player otherwise you get a team with 1 more player on the list then allowed, unless you allow for mid season delistings/retirements to be factored in.

A guy like Deven Robertson probably has massive buyers remorse and would want a move elsewhere now would be a good candidate for a team like North who want that bigger bodied mid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's only gonna be fringe players or guys that would be in the 22 at other clubs that are stuck in the VFL/ SANFL/WAFL that will be traded. Players like Larkey are not going anywhere and a guy like McRae who is likely on decent money, clubs would still have to fit them under the cap.

Well you gotta trade a player for a player otherwise you get a team with 1 more player on the list then allowed, unless you allow for mid season delistings/retirements to be factored in.

A guy like Deven Robertson probably has massive buyers remorse and would want a move elsewhere now would be a good candidate for a team like North who want that bigger bodied mid

LTI's would open up the spots for this.

It's only gonna be fringe players or guys that would be in the 22 at other clubs that are stuck in the VFL/ SANFL/WAFL that will be traded. Players like Larkey are not going anywhere and a guy like McRae who is likely on decent money, clubs would still have to fit them under the cap.

I think initially yes but we’ll eventually see a ‘big fish’ demand their way out of a failing club to get to a ‘contender’ who pay massive overs and that will set the media FROTHING for more.

Think something like a ‘Dusty to Collingwood’ type scenario (just an example), it’d be the AFL’s ideal scenario for mid season ‘eyes’ on the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back