How Crow Can You Go? An Adelaide Football Club Saga

Where will Adelaide finish?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How quickly they turn on a player in Adelaide! Just over a month ago a thread over there was discussing him with a poll, where they were mostly saying they wanted him to stay, and he still had much to offer.

I am sure the thread was posted around the time Betts himself said there was nothing in the rumours he was leaving Adelaide and he’d be a Crows player in 2020.

Now that he’s nominated Carlton. Well, they hate the guy lol.

Does anyone know what the Crows criteria for a new coach is, Or are they just asking everyone available til one actually says yes.

Criteria 1; Human

Criteria 2; Willing to coach Adelaide on a trillion dollar offer because any less wouldn’t be enticing enough

Does anyone know what the Crows criteria for a new coach is, Or are they just asking everyone available til one actually says yes.
Saw this:

Adelaide Football Club -Coaching position available
Are you looking for your first Senior AFL coaching position? Look no further, we have the perfect opportunity for you.

Selection Criteria:
1. Must be prepared to work hard and forgo any night life activities. Not because you should, there simply aren't any available unless you are on an away trip.
2. Marketing background will be viewed favourably, not because we don't have a marketing department (we do) but because you must be prepared to do whatever Mark Ricciuto tells you to do, and be able to sell it as your idea when it fails and his if it succeeds.
3. Regional representative squad coaching experience preferred. Must be prepared to work with players of all abilities and from different teams and bring the squad together. This will not be your choice, we have already had over a quarter of the current squad request the first train out of town and you won't be appointed in time to pick your own replacements. We are taking anyone who shows interest in a playing contract.
4. Animal control experience preferred. This will help dealing with the fans when results are less than they unrealistically expect.

Reference not really required, first in gets the gig. Pay and conditions not commensurate with experience as we don't expect you will have any and conditions are probably not even compliant with WorkSafe. Happy to add a couple of zero's to the dollar value of any current contract offer you have.

Please reply directly in person to the Adelaide Football Club, as no self respecting consulting firm would help us. The front door will be unlocked as there is no longer anything left worth stealing. Just walk in and ask directions for the GOAT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Crows will pay some of Eddie's salary for him to kick goals against them?

Guess I could live with that, despite wanting to use a late pick differently
I think the Jarrod Lyons example would be a great way to get Betts to Carlton. Good for football.

Can think of better ways to use a pick, even in the 60's, rather than only getting a one year return
Even if it is "only" a 1 year playing return don't you consider the benefits he could have onfield in positioning leading patterns etc that would improve our scoring?

How many coaches we got on the field at any given point? Who in our forward 50 is mature enough to be a part of the leadership group?

Reports are McGovern is highly regarded for his footy IQ by Teague. Is he a good educator on field is hard to determine at the moment, but I would still prefer someone that is part of that time when we strike.

Not putting a line through Eddie, I just see other options that are more beneficial medium to long term.

The Crows will bounce back. They seem to have a knack for finding hidden gems who play tough.

They have a good team who have fallen down at key times and some baggage to exorcise.

I expect them to play spirited football next year.

The Crows will bounce back. They seem to have a knack for finding hidden gems who play tough.

They have a good team who have fallen down at key times and some baggage to exorcise.

I expect them to play spirited football next year.

Are your captors treating you well? Blink once for yes, twice for no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back