Horsham DFL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Not bad mail coming out of QLD a few months ago has anyone red the mail time??

Would've thought that regardless of what weekend Fev visitis the Wimmera, they would plan on having the match played on a Sunday. It would add hundreds of people to the gate that won't be able to get there due to their own games. Few of the Rup boys expressed that they would be keen to organise a bus and make a day of it. Plenty of extra money to be made for the club (bar and food) and the league (gate) if they change it to a Sunday.

Would've thought that regardless of what weekend Fev visitis the Wimmera, they would plan on having the match played on a Sunday. It would add hundreds of people to the gate that won't be able to get there due to their own games. Few of the Rup boys expressed that they would be keen to organise a bus and make a day of it. Plenty of extra money to be made for the club (bar and food) and the league (gate) if they change it to a Sunday.

Have Rup got a coach yet piglet??

Not ideal if the date doesn't change and the match will clash with any cricket grand finals though.
The official draw has not yet been released. A proposed draw has been put to the clubs which clashes with the cricket grand finals. Before the Fev idea was made public I thought it would be best to start the footy in the the first week of April and scrap the proposed mid year bye in July to avoid the cricket clash.

Why would the league get the gate for an edenhope/Apsley home match? Surely the home team gets the gate don't they.

The official draw has not yet been released. A proposed draw has been put to the clubs which clashes with the cricket grand finals. Before the Fev idea was made public I thought it would be best to start the footy in the the first week of April and scrap the proposed mid year bye in July to avoid the cricket clash.
Why is there a clash this year? Is cricket going longer than previous seasons? In my opinion the mid year bye is a good thing as it allows everyone a week off. Ideally there should be a couple of weeks between cricket and footy anyway to have a little break and also play practice matches. Surely both cricket and footy need to look at shortening seasons to allow for everyone to have a break and not burn out.

Why would the league get the gate for an edenhope/Apsley home match? Surely the home team gets the gate don't they.

Couldn't agree more, if E/A are going to be forking out the cash (which would be a fair sum) to get him up for a game they should definitely get the profits that come from it, otherwise it's just a waste of money.

Couldn't agree more, if E/A are going to be forking out the cash (which would be a fair sum) to get him up for a game they should definitely get the profits that come from it, otherwise it's just a waste of money.

Fairly confident the league takes a fair slab of the gate takings. Not correct?

Most of the money a club makes on a Saturday is from the bar with a significant portion also coming from the food.

Fairly confident the league takes a fair slab of the gate takings. Not correct?

Most of the money a club makes on a Saturday is from the bar with a significant portion also coming from the food.
NO. The club gets 100% of gate takings from their home games.

WFL clubs used to pay a levy to the league for the right to host their home games. Assume this is the same in the HDFL?
So if the gate takings were less than $1000 the club effectively is paying to play at home.

Trevor O'Brien certainly has the credentials for the job. Good for Kalkee to swoop on him so quickly. I know for a fact that he had applied to AT LEAST 3 other teams for coaching positions. Can't question his desire, I suppose!

O'Brien spending up big to get some of his mates to the club paying 4figures to a 34 year old ff who hasn't played for 4 years let's hope he don't fork out $$$ to get his bother over Kalkee may not have enough pies. Have heard the O'Brine brothers can kill clubs and have in the past, short term success long term pain.[/quote]
That's a crap call, by the OBriens, give them a go before you bag them. A 34 Full Forward , if it's Liam French well maybe he is still worth 4 figures. Seen him single handily win a grand final in 2010 in the wet with his last qtr performance to come from 16 pts down to win by 30. Trevor will go well. Good luck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O'Brien spending up big to get some of his mates to the club paying 4figures to a 34 year old ff who hasn't played for 4 years let's hope he don't fork out $$$ to get his bother over Kalkee may not have enough pies. Have heard the O'Brine brothers can kill clubs and have in the past, short term success long term pain.
That's a crap call, by the OBriens, give them a go before you bag them. A 34 Full Forward , if it's Liam French well maybe he is still worth 4 figures. Seen him single handily win a grand final in 2010 in the wet with his last qtr performance to come from 16 pts down to win by 30. Trevor will go well. Good luck[/quote]

This the same Liam French that played at Woorinen some years ago?

That's a crap call, by the OBriens, give them a go before you bag them. A 34 Full Forward , if it's Liam French well maybe he is still worth 4 figures. Seen him single handily win a grand final in 2010 in the wet with his last qtr performance to come from 16 pts down to win by 30. Trevor will go well. Good luck

This the same Liam French that played at Woorinen some years ago?[/quote]
I'd say it would be the same Liam French roota. Played against him in qld back in 2010 and the guy absolutely dominated. Not sure how many more games he has played since then though. Would still be a great pick up for kalkee even if only half fit.

This the same Liam French that played at Woorinen some years ago?
I'd say it would be the same Liam French roota. Played against him in qld back in 2010 and the guy absolutely dominated. Not sure how many more games he has played since then though. Would still be a great pick up for kalkee even if only half fit.[/quote]
He played a couple of games for us (Mackay city hawks) in early 2012. Was unfit but kicked 5 at ff in a qtr looked a good footballer got injured and didn't play again after that.

Kane Parish been given a real pull through after going through half of the A & B grade netball team and causing real dramas and mass walk outs in the netball ranks.

will be interesting to see what happens this year in the HDFL ..

Laharum will obviously be the side to beat , any forward line that consists of Dylan Parish & the big dog Argall will be hard to contain both of these superstars of the region ,

I expect to harrow to be a force this year , if they recruit strongly they won't be far off the mark they never seem to have much depth though ..

have heard that rup are in a lot of trouble and may fall away quite quickly! after such a bumper harvest season you would expect that they would have some serious cash to splash around!

kalkee will no doubt be very strong again . will most likely keep most of there list , only simbaa hobbs there confirmed loss , good to see him having a crack at WFL always rated the way he goes about his footy, I expect them to finish top 2 .

by all reports this could be the year of the bomber! quanny gone out on a aggressive recruiting drive and been quite successful ! I watched them a few times last year and at times they looked very lazy and a few players looked liked they would rather be on the side lines sipping tins , hopefully a new coach will change the attitude of some of there players .

will this year be year that the baggies finally live up to there potential ! they have only lost 2-3 players and have recruited strongly again! there side is loaded with talent and with a full list to choose from I think they have the strongest side on paper in the league , its confirmed ben fox will be playing the whole season who I rate as one of the best key defenders ive seen play country league footy, I think its the same players who let the side down every year by doing next to no pre season, so hopefully we see a fit and firing baggies line up in 2014,

surely the poor old lakers couldn't have a season like 2013 ! I have heard that they have recruited pretty strongly , I think Deek Roberts will lead them down the right path , only time will tell I guess, I think they will have to recruit 12-15 decent players for the lakers to be around the mark in season 2014,

I haven't heard much about Natimuk , Edenhope or Pimp, would be interested to hear if someone knows anything different ?

Any truth in the word that Bryce Wellington is having a run with Taylors Lake next year. One of my mates plays there and said he has trained a few times in the past few weeks. Not sure if his attitude is the right thing for the Taylors Lake culture, I watched him plat a few games last year and he will be handy seconds player, but may fit into their senior side if he drops 15kg and gets fit.
If the Lakers can manage his trash talking towards team mates, get him fit and get him out of a slow lazy gallop then he maybe a handy pick up.
How will Kalkee fair up this year, surely they will be on the rebound this year!!

Kane Parish been given a real pull through after going through half of the A & B grade netball team and causing real dramas and mass walk outs in the netball ranks.

Yeah smasher316 combine that with his recent panic attacks in the '13 grand final and a couple of recruits into the mountain goats side he could be staring down the barrel of playing at 12.30. Really needs to concentrate more on his kicking ability and less on his Saturday night form

Remove this Banner Ad

Back