Horsham DFL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Laharum are the reigning premiers, wouldn't you be getting them in? There's a huge difference in standard between the 2, I wouldn't bother mate

i agree that its huge step but its a little sort-sighted to say the the Mountain Men should go up just cos they won the seniors flag, its about the club as a whole including junior footy and netball so Kalkee is the logical choice if a club was to go up because they have been strong over the past decade and not just 2013. despite saying that no club should have to go up, maybe the Wimmera League should look at tryingto entice Donald or St Arnuad over if the Diggers leave to get more clubs. Lets be honest, the whole Wimmera/Mallee/Western Districts needs a big reshuffle to ensure leagues stay viable.

I see at the races on Sunday a couple of senior players and supporters from Kalkee having a good chat with a coach of a premiership side around the bendigo region from 2013 could it be another signing to bolster the Kalkee ranks.

Didn't catch his name fully heard him saying he played with Corey Waldron in Darwin a number of years ago and that they were both keen to fire up for the Kees

Zac East?
Also Matt McKinnon to make a come back to play with him as he is his cousin not sure how he will go probably a bit timid after his broken jaw and peter musketa keen for a kick he most probably also a bit timid after his gizzard injury in juniors 10 years ago

Strong whispers coming out of Laharum that they have been in talks with Rory Taggert if he didn't get resigned by Melbourne. Said he was keen to come home and play. Could be some massive money being thrown about.

Strong whispers coming out of Laharum that they have been in talks with Rory Taggert if he didn't get resigned by Melbourne. Said he was keen to come home and play. Could be some massive money being thrown about.

Surely not.... the kid is like 20 years of age! im sure some SANFL would snap him up and offer him decent money with a nice job rather than playing for the Mountain Men!

Big news for Harrow Balmoral with the signing of former locals Anthony Close and Callum Hobbs. Both these fellas played for North Shore in GFL. I witnessed Anthony "bend recent Toohey medalist Justin Chilver over and tear him a new one" Close dominate in the Prelimary Final in 2008 when Chilver played for Kalkee before getting dropped in the grand final. While Calllum Hobbs is an nugget midfielder that is my tip to finish top 3 in the league medal. Both players will be a welcome addition for coach and dellar medalist Johnny Blue Forsyth (nickname Johnny Blue as he gets better with age and also known as bluey)

Big news for Harrow Balmoral with the signing of former locals Anthony Close and Callum Hobbs. Both these fellas played for North Shore in GFL. I witnessed Anthony "bend recent Toohey medalist Justin Chilver over and tear him a new one" Close dominate in the Prelimary Final in 2008 when Chilver played for Kalkee before getting dropped in the grand final. While Calllum Hobbs is an nugget midfielder that is my tip to finish top 3 in the league medal. Both players will be a welcome addition for coach and dellar medalist Johnny Blue Forsyth (nickname Johnny Blue as he gets better with age and also known as bluey)

Not to discredit Close, but I'd suggest Chilver is a far better player now than what he was in 2008. But getting those guys back is obviously good news for HB. :)

Tried to find the best players from that match. Turns out that Harrow-Balmoral played Laharum in the prelim of 2008. Not sure who you would've seen Close take apart that day.

I also agree with the comment above; Chilvs is a much, much better player now than he was back in 2008. Whether it's a confidence thing he has managed to turn around or it's simply the increased athleticism he has these days, one thing is for sure, he's a totally different player from back then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tried to find the best players from that match. Turns out that Harrow-Balmoral played Laharum in the prelim of 2008. Not sure who you would've seen Close take apart that day.

I also agree with the comment above; Chilvs is a much, much better player now than he was back in 2008. Whether it's a confidence thing he has managed to turn around or it's simply the increased athleticism he has these days, one thing is for sure, he's a totally different player from back then.

Sorry my apoligises, it was 2009 semi final. Close best on ground an next time they played in the grand final Chilver was dropped. I do agree with you that Chilver has improved. A hard worker on the track from all report but as a 17 year old in 2009. A fit Close might replicate his ruckman of the year status which he received back then. HB go under the radar. My dark horse next year

Is Dylan Wright coaching Natimuk again?
Came out and said after the last game that he'll be playing at north ballarat next year, obviously made up his decision during the season as he was creating quite a rift between himself and the playing group... Do you rate him Mad Roota? Not one to bring his teammates into the game I must say

Came out and said after the last game that he'll be playing at north ballarat next year, obviously made up his decision during the season as he was creating quite a rift between himself and the playing group... Do you rate him Mad Roota? Not one to bring his teammates into the game I must say

Talking to some Natimuk stalwarts about him through the season just gone and they reckon there is no way he is welcome back at the club (despite the pleasantries exchanged in the paper when he announced he wouldn't continue). The rift was enormous. Word was that he had a couple of the younger guys on board but hardly anyone of note. I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to come back with the tail between the legs though, especially since North Ballarat have axed the Development League. On what I saw of him last year as an opposition player, he would not even go close to the North Ballarat reserves, let alone the senior team. I did have a bit of a chuckle to myself though when I read of his plans in the paper....

Sorry my apoligises, it was 2009 semi final. Close best on ground an next time they played in the grand final Chilver was dropped. I do agree with you that Chilver has improved. A hard worker on the track from all report but as a 17 year old in 2009. A fit Close might replicate his ruckman of the year status which he received back then. HB go under the radar. My dark horse next year

As much as we all love to hate them, a strong Harrow-Balmoral side is important for the league. Don't know if it will be under the radar if they keep recruiting though!

Talking to some Natimuk stalwarts about him through the season just gone and they reckon there is no way he is welcome back at the club (despite the pleasantries exchanged in the paper when he announced he wouldn't continue). The rift was enormous. Word was that he had a couple of the younger guys on board but hardly anyone of note. I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to come back with the tail between the legs though, especially since North Ballarat have axed the Development League. On what I saw of him last year as an opposition player, he would not even go close to the North Ballarat reserves, let alone the senior team. I did have a bit of a chuckle to myself though when I read of his plans in the paper....

I've heard much the same piglet, not what a club like nati needs after struggling all these years. Tim friend to coach I heard a while ago but no announcement has been made?

Hey guys Dylan Wright here, first of all I'm pretty disappointed to see all these negative comments about what I was doing at the Natimuk football club. Especially from people who aren't directly involved in the process of running this football club. It just puts a massive downer on what has been a really enjoyable year from my point of view...people are always going to look for ways to bring people down and there is always going to be haters, however you just have to back yourself that what your doing is right. I could go into details of the season and what went right and what didn't but to be honest that's none of anyone's business except those involved in the club. From my point of view football clubs are always going to have different personalities and people are going to clash, this makes open communication vital so that differences in personall can be put to one side and the side can be successful come game day.

I think we achieved that somewhat this year. To be 3-0 was a massive achievement by all the boys & something that we should all be proud of. Yeh we didn't quite make the finals but with several key players being unavailable and then mid season recruits getting injured there is not a lot you can do. To finish 6 points outside the finals is something the club should be super proud of, and also myself as a 1st year coach let alone a playing coach is also something that I can hold in high regard. Coaching is a really hard job especially close knit country towns & I just backed myself and tried my best. Let's hope the next coach can capitalize on this year and really make a statement in the hdfl next year... Cheers Dyls

So the coaching appointments so far are:

Laharum: Marcus Demaria & Shannon Argall
Kalkee : Trevor O'Brien
Edenhope Apsley:
Swifts:
Rupanyup: Glenn Wyatt
Noradjuha Quantong: Jarred Coombe
Harrow Balmoral: Brent Forsyth
Natimuk:
Pimpinio:
Taylors Lake: Deek Roberts

Can anyone fill the gaps?