Injury Hodge out... again

Remove this Banner Ad

So the video on the Hawks website shows the marking contest early in the 4th where he hurt himself and went off. You just hope he didn't extend his stint on the sidelines by coming back out and playing as he struggled and we were going to lose anyway

I'm with you.

No whingeing, guys, let's fight this year out.

Agreed. Fight to the death.

tumblr_n46kstIRJb1tooympo1_400.gif

What signs we've had the hardest draw to date and sit 4-2, equal 4th on the ladder without our second most important player.

Agree 4-2 is awesome considering the draw. Heaps of players down on form. Too much being left to too few. No key forward. 4-2 is flattering us but that is only my opinion fwiw.

If we can grab a few more wins who knows.

He's been average when he's played this yr, so it's a blessing that he's injured
It allows someone the opportunity to prove themselves as we know hodge would never be dropped

Screw the haters, we're still the defending premiers until we're officially out of the finals race. Until then we can scare the hell out of every other team (except maybe GWS since they walloped the side haha). Clarko will find a way, even if it's hiring Brian Lake to jump the fence and knock out some of the players on his behalf :D.

Doesn't Judas have a similar injury on the meniscus thingy that doesn't particularly go away but rather needs to be managed? I think it happened that final game when he landed awkwardly and jarred his knee. Hodges looked similar.

So the video on the Hawks website shows the marking contest early in the 4th where he hurt himself and went off. You just hope he didn't extend his stint on the sidelines by coming back out and playing as he struggled and we were going to lose anyway
What?
He hurt it at the start of the match
Scores were nil all, then after Pops opening goal, they went back and showed the replay of Hodges injury in the contest with Callan Ward

Doesn't Judas have a similar injury on the meniscus thingy that doesn't particularly go away but rather needs to be managed? I think it happened that final game when he landed awkwardly and jarred his knee. Hodges looked similar.

I dont think its that bad.

From my limited understanding the continual managing comes from the meniscus being so badly damaged parts need to be removed.

A tear can be stitched up or even left on its own to heal.

What?
He hurt it at the start of the match
Scores were nil all, then after Pops opening goal, they went back and showed the replay of Hodges injury in the contest with Callan Ward
But I'm using my 20/20 hindsight goggles!
nah but at some point that game became out of reach and he played out it, suspect he didn't know at the time the extent of the damage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure it's the worst thing tbh. Hodge has not looked himself since he came back from the wrist injury, and this will force him out so that can be 100% (ie. no need for a wrist guard, etc.). We will win enough games in the first half of the year to set us up for finals, and then make a big run in the second half of the year with Rough + Hodge.

I didn't think we could've got through Saturdays debacle without a serious injury. i was expecting it through the whole game. Just that sort of day.

Probably not a bad thing. 4-6 more games under the belt of someone who would've missed out had Hodgey been fit - and you'd think a few of those games will be restworthy for some of the older brigade. A fitter, fresher Hodgey at the business end of the season.

People will compare this year to 2009-2010. Those years we would've played injured players. 2012-2016 we don't have to. We might not be playing great footy against good sides but in 2016, who is?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back