Hff_07 Phantom Draft - Edition I

Remove this Banner Ad

I want McKernan with our first pick and Sam Blease with our second. All depends on whether we bow in straight sets or stand up in the finals. Would make me a very happy man if both happened.

I want McKernan with our first pick and Sam Blease with our second. All depends on whether we bow in straight sets or stand up in the finals. Would make me a very happy man if both happened.

Can tell you right now that Blease will go a fair while before your second rounder...

I have recently redone my drafting, and this may surprise a few people.

Here goes nothing.

PICK 1 - MELBOURNE

JACK WATTS, seems a formality now, the Dees need a young key forward, and is best available.

PICK 2 - WEST COAST

DANIEL RICH, second best player in the draft, and will help bolster the young Eagles midfield.

PICK 3 - PORT ADELAIDE

NICHOLAS NAITANUI, May surprise some people, may not, but will be looking to boost their dwindling ruck stocks.

PICK 4 - FREMANTLE

JACK ZIEBELL, May suprise some people here, but, the Dockers have enough goal kicking mids, they need more players who can get the ball,

PICK 5 - ESSENDON

MICHAEL HURLEY, Will get their man, I feel any way. and take over from Fletch at the end of next year.

PICK 6 - CARLTON

HAMISH HARTLETT, the brothers will be reunited (Hamish/Adam Hartlett) LOL. nuh will help the classy carlton midfield here.

PICK 7 - RICHMOND

TYRONE VICKERY, A young ruckmen cum forward, how can the Tigers go wrong

PICK 8 - BRISBANE

CHRIS YARREN, A really smart forward, will finish off the dominant Lions forward line.

PICK 9 - ST.KILDA

MITCH ROBINSON, A tough as nails midfielder who will always put in,

PICK 10 - COLLINGWOOD

NICK HEYNE, A tough choice here, but the pies like their players with risks, and Heyne is one of these. a real utility type.

PICK 11 - ADELAIDE

STEELE SIDEBOTTOM, A really classy mover, who will compliment the Crows back six nicely.

PICK 12 - SYDNEY

LEWIS JOHNSTON, was either lewis or Aaron Cornelius, but Lewis is the better of the two, so put him as best available here.

PICK 13 - KANGAROOS

SAM BLEASE, a real bolter here, a midfielder with genuine pace to burn and a line breaker

PCI 14 - WESTERN BULLDOGS

AARON CORNELIUS, Another tall forward that the dogs will welcome with both hands, will need a couple of pre seasons first though IMO:D

PICK 15 - HAWTHORN

JORDAN LISLE, This seems almost like a formality also, will help with the Hawks back six.

PICK 16 - GEELONG

NICK SUBAN, Best available here, and that is Suban

PICK 17 - MELBOURNE PP

MATT DEBOER, a really solid inside ball winner and leader.

PICK 18 WEST COAST PP

NEVILLE JETTA, will compliment the young Eagles forward line

PICK 19 - MELBOURNE

DAVID ZAHARAKIS, A tough as nails midfielder, will help the Demons midfield.

PICK 20 - WEST COAST EAGLES

STEVEN HILL, Best available here IMO, will enjoy the space at subiaco too

PICK 21 - PORT ADELAIDE

JACKSON TRENGROVE, a bit of a slider here, although a steal for the Power.

PICK 22 - FREMANTLE

JORDAN ROUGHEAD, will be looking to bolster their ruck stocks, and the pending departure of Warnock, will be keen to lock in a good young ruck

PICK 23 - ESSENDON

TOM SWIFT, a utility type who is able to play though the midfield,

PICK 24 - CARLTON

TOM ROCKLIFF, will be licking their lips with Rocky coming to the Blues

PICK 25 - RICHMOND

PAUL CAHILL, A smoky, or not, but will be looking to bolster their forward line with the inclusion of Cahill here.

PICK 26 - BRISBANE

SHAUN MCKERNAN, Will look at Mckernan more for his forward line versatility that his ruck work as he may be a bit small for AFL rucking.

PICK 27 - ST KILDA

JAMIE SHEEHAN, Another one who may be under the radar, but will fit in perfectly at St.Kilda, a real in and under ball winner who can play forward.

PICK 28 - COLLINGWOOD

RHYS O'KEEFE, Best available here and for mine is okeefe

PICK 29 - ADELAIDE

MATTHEW BROADBENT, Best available here, and this broadbent.

PICK 30 - SYDNEY

MITCH BANNER, may suprise a few people here, but Banner would fit nicely into the Swans midfield.

PICK 31 - NORTH MELBOURNE

CLANCEE PEARCE, A really good small defender who the roos would be pleased to pick up IMO.

PICK 32 - WESTERN BULLDOGS

AYCE CORDY, Father son rule here.

PICK 33 - HAWTHORN

JAY SHANNON, a little bit of Sam mitchell about him, but is just what hawthorn need, some more quality mids.

PICK 34 - GEELONG

TOM LYNCH, best available here,

What about that. that looks a little bit more reasonable.
i hope you on the money with richmond

usually on the money foj1 but "apparently" (the good rumour word) this time though you don't have the facts and IMO there is no way anyone would actually know what he is telling afl clubs. for trengrove my money is still on early to mid first round and still has highly rated expectation from at least 10 clubs even after injury. everyone is just guessing, however the great thing is we all have is an opinion, rightly or wrongly, so we will all just have to wait and see.

PJ great?

I must be watching the wrong team :confused:

Im sorry Demonheart you must be smoking the pipe or licking rocks because Paul Johnson has had a great year, this best ever and dont be surprised if he polls yell in the bf. 200cm, 105kgs, can play forward or ruck, runs well ,consistantly one of melbournes best player all with a bung hip. Im guessing that you think white has been hard done by.

WHAT THE>>>>>HUH

You guys already have Thursfield, Moore, McGuane and Rance waiting in the wings, what are you on about???:p
yer meant forwards not backs....forwards for us are crap riewoldt is not key position cleve hughes...maybe...we need some forwards for when our old blokes are gone now!

Richmond are likely to have pick 8. It would be great to have picked up Hartlett or Ziebell but they are highly unlikely to make it to 8. If that is the case I would like to see us get Mitch Robinson, Sidebottom or Tyrone Vickery.

Mitch Robinson or Sidebottom because they are probably the next best midfielders after Rich, Hartlett and Ziebell. Tyrone Vickery because we need to bolster our Ruck department and with the Gold Coast and West Sydney sides coming in it probably be the last chance for getting the best Ruckman in a draft for the next few years. Midfielders are a dime in a dozen and getting a decent Midfielder in a draft is easier than a Ruckman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yer meant forwards not backs....forwards for us are crap riewoldt is not key position cleve hughes...maybe...we need some forwards for when our old blokes are gone now!

its ok bud, I agree on Riewoldt, he is a nice size though (192cm) although if he bulked up a little more, he might be able to hold down a key position, I feel you need a key position player, and Vickery is really putting in a strong case with another dominant display for the Dragons,

You sir, are an idiot.

A) If we could get Naitanui we will. If we had pick 1 we'd probably get Naitanui.

B) If you have watched any Port game at all this year or even read anything about Port you would know that a) Thurstans is shit, b) J. Westhoff can barely be considered a tall forward because of the way he played and c) M. Westhoff is shit.

C) I really hope that saying Hartlett 'will complement their in and under hard ball players by being that outside ball carrier' was a joke or a crack at us. That is the absolute opposite of what we need.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Read my revised draft. ;);) ok bud. cheers

This is the revised draft if anyone was looking.
I have recently redone my drafting, and this may surprise a few people.

Here goes nothing.

PICK 1 - MELBOURNE

JACK WATTS, seems a formality now, the Dees need a young key forward, and is best available.

PICK 2 - WEST COAST

DANIEL RICH, second best player in the draft, and will help bolster the young Eagles midfield.

PICK 3 - PORT ADELAIDE

NICHOLAS NAITANUI, May surprise some people, may not, but will be looking to boost their dwindling ruck stocks.

PICK 4 - FREMANTLE

JACK ZIEBELL, May suprise some people here, but, the Dockers have enough goal kicking mids, they need more players who can get the ball,

PICK 5 - ESSENDON

MICHAEL HURLEY, Will get their man, I feel any way. and take over from Fletch at the end of next year.

PICK 6 - CARLTON

HAMISH HARTLETT, the brothers will be reunited (Hamish/Adam Hartlett) LOL. nuh will help the classy carlton midfield here.

PICK 7 - RICHMOND

TYRONE VICKERY, A young ruckmen cum forward, how can the Tigers go wrong

PICK 8 - BRISBANE

CHRIS YARREN, A really smart forward, will finish off the dominant Lions forward line.

PICK 9 - ST.KILDA

MITCH ROBINSON, A tough as nails midfielder who will always put in,

PICK 10 - COLLINGWOOD

NICK HEYNE, A tough choice here, but the pies like their players with risks, and Heyne is one of these. a real utility type.

PICK 11 - ADELAIDE

STEELE SIDEBOTTOM, A really classy mover, who will compliment the Crows back six nicely.

PICK 12 - SYDNEY

LEWIS JOHNSTON, was either lewis or Aaron Cornelius, but Lewis is the better of the two, so put him as best available here.

PICK 13 - KANGAROOS

SAM BLEASE, a real bolter here, a midfielder with genuine pace to burn and a line breaker

PCI 14 - WESTERN BULLDOGS

AARON CORNELIUS, Another tall forward that the dogs will welcome with both hands, will need a couple of pre seasons first though IMO:D

PICK 15 - HAWTHORN

JORDAN LISLE, This seems almost like a formality also, will help with the Hawks back six.

PICK 16 - GEELONG

NICK SUBAN, Best available here, and that is Suban

PICK 17 - MELBOURNE PP

MATT DEBOER, a really solid inside ball winner and leader.

PICK 18 WEST COAST PP

NEVILLE JETTA, will compliment the young Eagles forward line

PICK 19 - MELBOURNE

DAVID ZAHARAKIS, A tough as nails midfielder, will help the Demons midfield.

PICK 20 - WEST COAST EAGLES

STEVEN HILL, Best available here IMO, will enjoy the space at subiaco too

PICK 21 - PORT ADELAIDE

JACKSON TRENGROVE, a bit of a slider here, although a steal for the Power.

PICK 22 - FREMANTLE

JORDAN ROUGHEAD, will be looking to bolster their ruck stocks, and the pending departure of Warnock, will be keen to lock in a good young ruck

PICK 23 - ESSENDON

TOM SWIFT, a utility type who is able to play though the midfield,

PICK 24 - CARLTON

TOM ROCKLIFF, will be licking their lips with Rocky coming to the Blues

PICK 25 - RICHMOND

PAUL CAHILL, A smoky, or not, but will be looking to bolster their forward line with the inclusion of Cahill here.

PICK 26 - BRISBANE

SHAUN MCKERNAN, Will look at Mckernan more for his forward line versatility that his ruck work as he may be a bit small for AFL rucking.

PICK 27 - ST KILDA

JAMIE SHEEHAN, Another one who may be under the radar, but will fit in perfectly at St.Kilda, a real in and under ball winner who can play forward.

PICK 28 - COLLINGWOOD

RHYS O'KEEFE, Best available here and for mine is okeefe

PICK 29 - ADELAIDE

MATTHEW BROADBENT, Best available here, and this broadbent.

PICK 30 - SYDNEY

MITCH BANNER, may suprise a few people here, but Banner would fit nicely into the Swans midfield.

PICK 31 - NORTH MELBOURNE

CLANCEE PEARCE, A really good small defender who the roos would be pleased to pick up IMO.

PICK 32 - WESTERN BULLDOGS

AYCE CORDY, Father son rule here.

PICK 33 - HAWTHORN

JAY SHANNON, a little bit of Sam mitchell about him, but is just what hawthorn need, some more quality mids.

PICK 34 - GEELONG

TOM LYNCH, best available here,

What about that. that looks a little bit more reasonable.

And I'm really starting to hope we get Hartlett. Although if Hurley is taken and the club think he is the best pick I won't be complaining either.

Firstly HFF 07, will Michael Walters not get picked?
I know the Sydney scout for WA and he said they are keen on Stephen Hill and Michael Walters.

Went and watched murray play dandenong on the wkend. That Zeibell is definetly going to be in the top 10 and whats this i been hearing about Kade Klemke being to slow. He was one of the quickest out there. Maybe its because he just came back from a hamstring injury during nationals and this effected his speed. Of wat ive seen he can match in the big time. Also heard Klemke made it on to state for 100 metres running. So surely must have a bit of speed. I could see him going in the top 20.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back