Hff_07 Phantom Draft - Edition I

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else got a feeling Hurley could go to Freo??????

They will have pick 4.

1.Watts
2.(WC)Natanui
3.(PA) Hartlett
4.(Freo)Hurley

Im thinking this cause If Freo had a key defender they could in turn free up McPharlin to move up foward and that will then help Pav

They also have a few good young mids, so Rich isn't really a priority

Thoughts?????
No they will go Rich IMO. Also Port will take Hurley ahead of Hartlett anyday.

This will be the top 4

1 (Melb) : Watts
2 (WCE) : Naituini
3 (Port) : Hurley
4 (Freo) : Rich

Unless WCE decide to get Rich Port will get Nat and Freo will go Hartlett probably

1) Melb- Watts
2) WCE- Rich
3) Port- Natinui
4) Freo- Yarran
5) Ess- Hurley
6) Rich- McKernan
7) Carlt- Vickery
8) Bris- Ziebell
9)STK- DeBoer
10)ADEL- Harlett
11)COLL- Sidebottom
12)NTH- Scully
13)SYD- Robinson
14)WB- Cornelius
15)HAWKS- Lynch
16)Cats- Suban
17)Melb(pp)- Zaharkis
18)Melb- S.Hill
19)WCE- M.Walters
20)Port- L.Johnston
21)Freo- C.Pearce
22)Ess- J.Lisle
23)Rich- Rockliff
24)Carl- Roughhead
25)Bris- Salter
26)Stk- Gotch
27)Adel- Broadbent
26)Coll- Banner
29)Nth- Shuey
30)Syd- Klemke
31)WB- Okeefe
32)Hawk- Blease
33)Cats- Heyne

Thats as close as I could get but its a real toss up as we dont know how trading is going to go.
Oh and Carlton wont get Vickery.. another tall player..

THey have too many young ones

I don't think people should assume that Port will go after Hartlett just because he's from South Australia. SA sides have shown in the past that they're more than willing to go after interstate talent with early picks if they believe they're the best available at that pick.
The last thing they need is another midfielder...

They are wanting to get rid of Adam Thomson!! A tough young'un soo why get rid of him and pick up Hartlett!?

They should get Hurley or Nait

Anyone else got a feeling Hurley could go to Freo??????

They will have pick 4.

1.Watts
2.(WC)Natanui
3.(PA) Hartlett
4.(Freo)Hurley

Im thinking this cause If Freo had a key defender they could in turn free up McPharlin to move up foward and that will then help Pav

They also have a few good young mids, so Rich isn't really a priority

Thoughts?????
palmer and ibbotson are the only two quality young mids we have. hinkley is unproven and foster and o'brien are injury prone. having said that i have no doubt we would take nicknait if avaliable. i would be surprised if hurley was in our thinking

I have recently redone my drafting, and this may surprise a few people.

Here goes nothing.

PICK 1 - MELBOURNE

JACK WATTS, seems a formality now, the Dees need a young key forward, and is best available.

PICK 2 - WEST COAST

DANIEL RICH, second best player in the draft, and will help bolster the young Eagles midfield.

PICK 3 - PORT ADELAIDE

NICHOLAS NAITANUI, May surprise some people, may not, but will be looking to boost their dwindling ruck stocks.

PICK 4 - FREMANTLE

JACK ZIEBELL, May suprise some people here, but, the Dockers have enough goal kicking mids, they need more players who can get the ball,

PICK 5 - ESSENDON

MICHAEL HURLEY, Will get their man, I feel any way. and take over from Fletch at the end of next year.

PICK 6 - CARLTON

HAMISH HARTLETT, the brothers will be reunited (Hamish/Adam Hartlett) LOL. nuh will help the classy carlton midfield here.

PICK 7 - RICHMOND

TYRONE VICKERY, A young ruckmen cum forward, how can the Tigers go wrong

PICK 8 - BRISBANE

CHRIS YARREN, A really smart forward, will finish off the dominant Lions forward line.

PICK 9 - ST.KILDA

MITCH ROBINSON, A tough as nails midfielder who will always put in,

PICK 10 - COLLINGWOOD

NICK HEYNE, A tough choice here, but the pies like their players with risks, and Heyne is one of these. a real utility type.

PICK 11 - ADELAIDE

STEELE SIDEBOTTOM, A really classy mover, who will compliment the Crows back six nicely.

PICK 12 - SYDNEY

LEWIS JOHNSTON, was either lewis or Aaron Cornelius, but Lewis is the better of the two, so put him as best available here.

PICK 13 - KANGAROOS

SAM BLEASE, a real bolter here, a midfielder with genuine pace to burn and a line breaker

PCI 14 - WESTERN BULLDOGS

AARON CORNELIUS, Another tall forward that the dogs will welcome with both hands, will need a couple of pre seasons first though IMO:D

PICK 15 - HAWTHORN

JORDAN LISLE, This seems almost like a formality also, will help with the Hawks back six.

PICK 16 - GEELONG

NICK SUBAN, Best available here, and that is Suban

PICK 17 - MELBOURNE PP

MATT DEBOER, a really solid inside ball winner and leader.

PICK 18 WEST COAST PP

NEVILLE JETTA, will compliment the young Eagles forward line

PICK 19 - MELBOURNE

DAVID ZAHARAKIS, A tough as nails midfielder, will help the Demons midfield.

PICK 20 - WEST COAST EAGLES

STEVEN HILL, Best available here IMO, will enjoy the space at subiaco too

PICK 21 - PORT ADELAIDE

JACKSON TRENGROVE, a bit of a slider here, although a steal for the Power.

PICK 22 - FREMANTLE

JORDAN ROUGHEAD, will be looking to bolster their ruck stocks, and the pending departure of Warnock, will be keen to lock in a good young ruck

PICK 23 - ESSENDON

TOM SWIFT, a utility type who is able to play though the midfield,

PICK 24 - CARLTON

TOM ROCKLIFF, will be licking their lips with Rocky coming to the Blues

PICK 25 - RICHMOND

PAUL CAHILL, A smoky, or not, but will be looking to bolster their forward line with the inclusion of Cahill here.

PICK 26 - BRISBANE

SHAUN MCKERNAN, Will look at Mckernan more for his forward line versatility that his ruck work as he may be a bit small for AFL rucking.

PICK 27 - ST KILDA

JAMIE SHEEHAN, Another one who may be under the radar, but will fit in perfectly at St.Kilda, a real in and under ball winner who can play forward.

PICK 28 - COLLINGWOOD

RHYS O'KEEFE, Best available here and for mine is okeefe

PICK 29 - ADELAIDE

MATTHEW BROADBENT, Best available here, and this broadbent.

PICK 30 - SYDNEY

MITCH BANNER, may suprise a few people here, but Banner would fit nicely into the Swans midfield.

PICK 31 - NORTH MELBOURNE

CLANCEE PEARCE, A really good small defender who the roos would be pleased to pick up IMO.

PICK 32 - WESTERN BULLDOGS

AYCE CORDY, Father son rule here.

PICK 33 - HAWTHORN

JAY SHANNON, a little bit of Sam mitchell about him, but is just what hawthorn need, some more quality mids.

PICK 34 - GEELONG

TOM LYNCH, best available here,

What about that. that looks a little bit more reasonable.

Just shows how strong this draft is when you have Tom Lynch going at pick 34 (he won't drop that far though IMO).

I like the look of this draft more than your first one HFF, especially the first 16, very similar to mine. Only thing is the Bulldogs will have to use their first pick on Cordy, someone will bid for him because he is top 10 material. It will be highway robbery if no one does and the dogs will be laughing.

Great read.
Im just not so sure that the lions will use their first pick on Yarran. He is super talented and will be an awesome player at AFL level i just can see him sliding - Leroy Jetta style. I really dont think the lions will pass on Sidebottom. What makes you think they will go after Yarran?? We already have Rhan Hooper who is filling the same role Yarran would.

Great read.
Im just not so sure that the lions will use their first pick on Yarran. He is super talented and will be an awesome player at AFL level i just can see him sliding - Leroy Jetta style. I really dont think the lions will pass on Sidebottom. What makes you think they will go after Yarran?? We already have Rhan Hooper who is filling the same role Yarran would.

Yeh i agree, at the moment i have Sidebottom going to the Lions just over Robinson and have Yarran slipping down to the Crows pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great read.

Just dont think Hooper is going to make it at AFL level, he is only a bit parts player, I will admit i have not watched much of them this year, but from all reports he isnt gonna make it.

I also have the Dockers overlooking Hartlett for Ziebell, I feel they would be mire suitable with Jack,

Hey mate just wondering your thoughts on why the Hawks would take Lisle ahead of Trengove?

Lisle is primarily a defender, yes he can play forward, he seems more nimble for a CHB, and has results on the board (2008 18's AA) Trengrove is also primarily a ruckmen aswell, has been coming off a long injury lay off, and whilst the Hawks premiership window is open, I feel they may not want to take that chance with a player, although it did work with Selwood (pick 7[Ithink]) and look what he has done. I just feel that clubs this year will ant to make the most out of their picks this year,

HFF, i see you have Heyne going to Collingwood, i like that even though many will shoot you down for it. He really does seem like a player Hine would go for. Still, i'm struggling with this pick, probably the hardest no matter where they end up, what are your thoughts about Trengove going to the Pies? Can play a few positions but probably will settle down down back, Brown at FB with Trengove CHB could be a very good combination. If he hadn't had his injury i believe he's top 10 material, Hine likes the high risk high reward type players, could be a look in?

what do you mean richmonds midfield is the only thing we need to work on we have about 30 midfielders get some backmenn terry wallace

WHAT THE>>>>>HUH

You guys already have Thursfield, Moore, McGuane and Rance waiting in the wings, what are you on about???:p

HFF, i see you have Heyne going to Collingwood, i like that even though many will shoot you down for it. He really does seem like a player Hine would go for. Still, i'm struggling with this pick, probably the hardest no matter where they end up, what are your thoughts about Trengove going to the Pies? Can play a few positions but probably will settle down down back, Brown at FB with Trengove CHB could be a very good combination. If he hadn't had his injury i believe he's top 10 material, Hine likes the high risk high reward type players, could be a look in?

He may well go to the pies, is a risk (with injuries) yes he can play multiple positions, so he may well be a handy pick up with your selection, although I may have him going a little low, some clubs may be sceptical with his injuries, and with big men taking some time to develop, you also have to remember that that Trengrove is only 77kg, so far off a KPP weight, especially for someone of his height (200+cm). so you have to keep that in mind too.

He may well go to the pies, is a risk (with injuries) yes he can play multiple positions, so he may well be a handy pick up with your selection, although I may have him going a little low, some clubs may be sceptical with his injuries, and with big men taking some time to develop, you also have to remember that that Trengrove is only 77kg, so far off a KPP weight, especially for someone of his height (200+cm). so you have to keep that in mind too.

Isn't he 196cm?

Jordan Lisle could also be a roughie to be picked by Hine. He's another swing man like Brown and is a quality tall backman who, as you said, would provide quality much earlier than Trengove due to him being a little more physically developed. This would probably more of a need pick rather than best available though. Real tough pick the Pies one, definitely the hardest.

Sidebottom imo looks a good fit for the Pies, skilful mid with good pace that goes in hard. One of the young kids in the draft from memory as well if anyone can correct me, so the recruiting bloke would be more than interested.

I think if Collingwood finish below Brisbane on the ladder they will snap up Sidebottom. If they happen to finish above the lions i have them taking a roughie with Blease..like Heyne i think Hine would like him. What are your thoughts on this HFF?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back