Heathcote District FL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be interested too see how many Gleeson from Leitchy polls Gun!
It's a great chance for Colbo to try and get over Huntly this week. Given the results of recent years both probably need to make a Grand Final to call the Season a success and even though it looks unlikely any finals win is a good one.

I will be interested too see how many Gleeson from Leitchy polls Gun!
It's a great chance for Colbo to try and get over Huntly this week. Given the results of recent years both probably need to make a Grand Final to call the Season a success and even though it looks unlikely any finals win is a good one.

It's the same as last year. The big two will make it and Norths injuries are gunna make it tough to match LG.

Seems the wheels have well and truly fallen off out at Huntly. Watching today, it seems that all the in house confidence they had early on this year, is definitely done and dusted. A fair reflection of when the going gets tough, the tough get going, and they well had truely didn’t have too many getting their hands dirty once things started going south.
I ventured out to Elmore yesterday for a look beautiful day beautiful ground and setting to watch the game but by gee Huntly were disappointing. All the whispers of trouble and poor governance in house had to had some truth attached for the effort they dished up. 5 goals for the day on a fine day for footy on the back of the 129 point disaster the week before. I will watch with interest if they re apppoint Grinton again. Colbo probably under achieved a bit in the Home & Away but have put together two spirited team displays and can wind up for a free hit at North virtually. Most have had a Leitchy Vs. North GF booked in for sometime now.

Saturday’s final will be close l reckon, North still missing a couple of guns in Findlay and Ford, they have great depth but hard to cover A graders, Colbo a couple of big guns back in Hon and Bright and gaining momentum might get over the line in a tight one, and yes l can tell you Huntly very disappointed expected better, back to the drawing board, no excuses pathetic finals display.

Very interested to hear everyone’s thoughts on the behind the ball incident in the game between North & LG on the weekend. North have stumped up the cashola for an investigation. It’s ironic considering the drama that unfolded a few years back, and the way they acted when the accusations were levelled their way. Having said that the vision is clear cut. Vision is available through a YouTube page.
It will be very interesting as to wether the investigating officer takes it to a tribunal before the GF, unlike the last two incidents that occurred where players were rubbed out for indiscretions in earlier finals, but allowing to win a premiership medal because the investigation took so long.

Very interested to hear everyone’s thoughts on the behind the ball incident in the game between North & LG on the weekend. North have stumped up the cashola for an investigation. It’s ironic considering the drama that unfolded a few years back, and the way they acted when the accusations were levelled their way. Having said that the vision is clear cut. Vision is available through a YouTube page.
It will be very interesting as to wether the investigating officer takes it to a tribunal before the GF, unlike the last two incidents that occurred where players were rubbed out for indiscretions in earlier finals, but allowing to win a premiership medal because the investigation took so long.

He will play in the GF no matter what...AFL vic are notorious for either reducing suspensions or taking just a week too long to get things done

Normally investigations are sparked when damage has been done to a player but been missed by the Umps. I think it's purely to try and get him rubbed. If North were outraged by the incident they would have the appeal going Monday vision or no vision especially with the tight timeline.Leitchy can string it past the Grand Final quite easily. If he was suspended next Wednesday for instance sakes they have 5 days to lodge an appeal put that paperwork on Friday afternoon & they won't be holding an appeal in Melbourne before the big dance. Should be a great game tomorrow if Hon can come back from injury and impact straight up they could be a chance as Bowen has had a lot of ball sent his way in the past fortnight for 4 and 3 goal hauls. But they could work in well together with some diversity in attack. Dogs by 15 points but should be a ripper.

Surely finals provide exceptional circumstances, and while I understand what both of you are saying, surely a tribunal could convene early in the week, and if a suspension is handed down then appealed, it could easily be heard later in the week pre GF.
It’s clear cut, the footage. The only question would be the length of ban. It’s worthy of at least a month.

Surely finals provide exceptional circumstances, and while I understand what both of you are saying, surely a tribunal could convene early in the week, and if a suspension is handed down then appealed, it could easily be heard later in the week pre GF.
It’s clear cut, the footage. The only question would be the length of ban. It’s worthy of at least a month.
It probably raises some loose ends that need to be tightened up with the system but that won't happen next week.

Got a YouTube link ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Second week in a row, the leagues seen a coward punch/hit. North’s twos coach, right in front of the emergency umpire, way off the pill. But going on after the game between both crowds too. Anyone know how the White Hills player faired?

And Ost, they taken the YouTube video of the coward hit between North and Leitchy the previous week, off the net. Guessing if people see it, it doesn’t give the defendant a “fair hearing”

Have just seen the footage of the Gleeson hit. I want to be clear in saying that I have no involvement at either club so there is no bias in my comment.

My view having now seen the footage is that there is no way Gleeson should be able to play the Grand Final. It was an unprovoked and cowardly act. This is the exact type of thing that is killing young kids in the streets and needs to be dealt with harshly.

Gleeson can count his lucky stars that the kid doesn't seem to have been seriously injured on this occasion but that is just luck.

Take it from me...having this happen to you whilst playing footy can have a huge impact on your life. It's happened to me twice (broken jaws, surgery etc)...some of you who know who I am will say that I probably deserved it...but I can tell you that it changed the way I played footy and still had impacts on my day to day life.

No one deserves this kind off assault and it's time for country footy to take a stand against it.

Second week in a row, the leagues seen a coward punch/hit. North’s twos coach, right in front of the emergency umpire, way off the pill. But going on after the game between both crowds too. Anyone know how the White Hills player faired?

Didn’t see the incident on Saturday but I’m told North Bendigo people are also disgusted with this incident and believe the coach deserves what he has coming his way.

Do you have the YouTube link?
nyou

At what point is an investigation required, when there is a clear video showing the indiscretion. Is it not black and white for the investigating officer to realise there’s not need to interview multiple people!!!

And I’m with you Roota, it’s a blight on our game. Sooner the victims start standing up, and having the cowards put up in criminal charges the better.

At what point is an investigation required, when there is a clear video showing the indiscretion. Is it not black and white for the investigating officer to realise there’s not need to interview multiple people!!!

And I’m with you Roota, it’s a blight on our game. Sooner the victims start standing up, and having the cowards put up in criminal charges the better.

Spot on Earthmover...nothing really to investigate here

The vision is pretty damning, but its Tuesday night. I think you will find he will play, unfortunately it is what it is and until there is a quicker process by VCFL it will continue. BTW Manny is as tough as nails, and it would take a lot more than a coward punch to knock that kid down.

When do they name the team of the year lads? Interesting to see which clubs dominate
Just a quick one put together would be something like
B. D.Price D.Young S.Kairn
Hb.A.Craig D.Carmody M.Bright
C. J.Findlay (vc) R.Semmel (c) T.lincoln
HF. D.Coates D.Richards T. Findlay
F J.bacon M.Perri B. Weightman
R. T kelm J.gleeson J.mills
Int. M.ladson S.Morris J.Van dongen R.Irwin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back