Heathcote DFL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I would say its pretty close, Riddell & Diggers would probably still be the top sides IMO, I would probably have Wallan on par with North Bendigo, just a bit behind LBU & Colby. Admittedly I've only seen 6 HDFL games last year and 2 of those games were Leitchville/Gunny vs Heathcote and they were shocking quality.

Jesse though has won flags at Craigieburn (EDFL), 5 or 6 B & F's and a Bowen Medal (RDFL B & F)
Cheers for the info. So Jesse and Corey grindlay should be two very quality players in the league. Heathcote have recruited well, only just behind white hills for best offseason

Cheers for the info. So Jesse and Corey grindlay should be two very quality players in the league. Heathcote have recruited well, only just behind white hills for best offseason
agree whitehills and Heathcote for off season recruiting so far.

does anyone have knowledge on the NTFL? I see elmore have recruited Adam Hodor who played premier division.

Leitchy Gunny should improve. They have recruited 6 or 7 locals back to the club plus a few others. They are starting from a long way back but a great way to start to rebuild by getting locals back.

White hills with another huge recruit. Former league medalist in Ballarat league, ben Taylor. Salary cap must not apply to them

White hills with another huge recruit. Former league medalist in Ballarat league, ben Taylor. Salary cap must not apply to the
White hills with another huge recruit. Former league medalist in Ballarat league, ben Taylor. Salary cap must not apply to them
Knew of a club that make contact with this bloke a year or 2 ago, requested large $$ and a handsome sign on.
The new president is keeping his word of spending up to break the drought!

Knew of a club that make contact with this bloke a year or 2 ago, requested large $$ and a handsome sign on.
The new president is keeping his word of spending up to break the drought!
Who is the President at White Hills ?

Would be great for the likes of White Hills and Heathcote if they got up there after being down for a long while. Both looked to have picked up some real quality. At the other end of the scale are Huntly favs for the Wooden Spoon at this stage?

Would be great for the likes of White Hills and Heathcote if they got up there after being down for a long while. Both looked to have picked up some real quality. At the other end of the scale are Huntly favs for the Wooden Spoon at this stage?
Huntly in all sorts and will battle it out with Elmore I think for the spoon. Unfortunately Huntly’s premiership window that was around a few years ago is nothing but a distant memory.

Both White Hills and Heathcote have been down this road before, recruiting quality players and having varied results despite paying out good money. Let’s hope both clubs are not going to make the same mistakes they have done previously which has cost both clubs plenty from a monetary perspective and saw both clubs fall to the bottom of the ladder for extended periods.

Last edited:
Huntly in all sorts and will battle it out with Elmore I think for the spoon. Unfortunately Huntly’s premiership window that was around a few years ago is nothing but a distant memory.

Both White Hills and Heathcote have been down this road before, recruiting quality players and having varied results despite paying out good money. Let’s hope both clubs are not going to make the same mistakes they have done previously which has cost both clubs plenty from a monetary perspective and saw both clubs fall to the bottom of the ladder for extended periods.
Elmore will be miles better than Huntly and leitchville. Interesting that while hills have to spend ridiculous money on recruits to be successful. You’d think with their location and the recent success of their under 17 sides that they would be able to blood some good kids

Heathcote went ok didn’t they? Premierships aren’t a bad result

Elmore will be miles better than Huntly and leitchville. Interesting that while hills have to spend ridiculous money on recruits to be successful. You’d think with their location and the recent success of their under 17 sides that they would be able to blood some good kids
The way your talking they would be 20 points over on the points system.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How am I saying that? All ive said is that they have plenty of recruits, is that not true? Not saying it’s a bad thing, I honestly think they run away with the flag

How am I saying that? All ive said is that they have plenty of recruits, is that not true? Not saying it’s a bad thing, I honestly think they run away with the flag
Are you bi polar? Go back & read your previous post about White Hills having to spend ridiculous cash to be successful.

Which is 100% true. Being over the salary cap and over the points are two completely different things mate.
They are connected in the sense that every recruit carries points & you can only get so many of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back