Heathcote DFL discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a maybe in the HDFL between a white hills and Heathcote I'm wrong in saying a bottom side can see them being above leitchy, elmore and huntly. In CMFL absolutely not
Have you seen their side? Joyce is a former Keilor best and fairest winner (Keilor would be Strath by 10 goals), farmer and putt have played AFL, they have a former Queenscliff coach, a couple edfl div 1 team of the year players from Sunbury, oberforder a former vafa gun, there's a reason they win by 100 points each week

Have you seen their side? Joyce is a former Keilor best and fairest winner (Keilor would be Strath by 10 goals), farmer and putt have played AFL, they have a former Queenscliff coach, a couple edfl div 1 team of the year players from Sunbury, oberforder a former vafa gun, there's a reason they win by 100 points each week
Ive seen vs Macorna and i've seen the what they are up against in the rest of their league. Put Mounts, LBU and Colbo in the CMFL and none probably wouldn't make top 3 or 4. Can I see Nullawil beating any of those 3? Good luck to them

Ive seen vs Macorna and i've seen the what they are up against in the rest of their league. Put Mounts, LBU and Colbo in the CMFL and none probably wouldn't make top 3 or 4. Can I see Nullawil beating any of those 3? Good luck to them
Just remember Locky with not as strong as team, made finals in their first year of the bfl, so to make those statements, when the central murray isn't anywhere near as strong as the late 90s is foolish and doesn't give any credit to a very well run club in nully as well as three other well run clubs in Locky, colbo and mounts. It's also worth noting the hdfl beat the central murray in interleague not that long ago.

Just remember Locky with not as strong as team, made finals in their first year of the bfl, so to make those statements, when the central murray isn't anywhere near as strong as the late 90s is foolish and doesn't give any credit to a very well run club in nully as well as three other well run clubs in Locky, colbo and mounts. It's also worth noting the hdfl beat the central murray in interleague not that long ago.
All the credit in their own leagues, CMFL has become a force since the two leagues clashed 8 years ago now a top 10 league. LBU Colbo mounts make finals? Yes. No Cinderella story for Nully I'm sorry

All the credit in their own leagues, CMFL has become a force since the two leagues clashed 8 years ago now a top 10 league. LBU Colbo mounts make finals? Yes. No Cinderella story for Nully I'm sorry
I couldn't see the current Nully side "easily" playing finals in the HDFL, they would be in a good spot to sneak into the 5. Not sure why we are talking about them in the HDFL to be honest.
LVFL however I think Nully would be right amongst it.

Any word on meeting about Marong and Maiden Gully?

Some quality footballers named there but really think their best footy is behind them Trent

I couldn't see the current Nully side "easily" playing finals in the HDFL, they would be in a good spot to sneak into the 5. Not sure why we are talking about them in the HDFL to be honest.
LVFL however I think Nully would be right amongst it.

Any word on meeting about Marong and Maiden Gully?
Reported on the HDFL superyou footy show that they put in a strong case in joining the League one of the main reasons is the strong stand in keeping our u18's with even a round of applause from all the clubs that attended. Will go to a vote amongst the clubs which sounds like no one objected on the night. The big hurdle is getting a clearance from the LVFL. Who wouldn't want to play in the HDFL at the moment the league is in a Brilliant spot. Huge crowds, strong comp... very attractive league. But saying that losing our 3rds to a new league in Bendigo would be catastrophic in a few years time

Reported on the HDFL superyou footy show that they put in a strong case in joining the League one of the main reasons is the strong stand in keeping our u18's with even a round of applause from all the clubs that attended. Will go to a vote amongst the clubs which sounds like no one objected on the night. The big hurdle is getting a clearance from the LVFL. Who wouldn't want to play in the HDFL at the moment the league is in a Brilliant spot. Huge crowds, strong comp... very attractive league. But saying that losing our 3rds to a new league in Bendigo would be catastrophic in a few years time
It's a funny one, most of the country sides in the hdfl wanted it kept at under 17s, as you should be playing seniors regularly after that, yet the sides closer or in Bendigo wanted 18s as they were losing players to the bfl

Heathcote league will accept the 2 clubs and the Loddon Valley will deny the request to leave. I expect AFLCV to also deny the request

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd think that it would be immenent that the LV and north central merge though and some golden rivers club join, then it's a 15-16 team comp pretty quick

You would think so but we both know the people in the positions to make this stuff happen are keen on making the big calls

You'd think that it would be immenent that the LV and north central merge though and some golden rivers club join, then it's a 15-16 team comp pretty quick

I said the same thing on another league page. Surely those in charge would/should be looking at league mergers, rather than just club mergers, considering the how big the gap is becoming in most leagues between top and bottom clubs. Joining 2 similar leagues together and having 2 tiers may also help out struggling clubs.

How would Loddon Valley clubs go competing against the top North Central teams ?
Could the gap between top and bottom sides be wider than it is now

How would Loddon Valley clubs go competing against the top North Central teams ?
Could the gap between top and bottom sides be wider than it is now
Marong and P hill and miti would be right up there you'd think, Newbridge and calivil and co would struggle, but all clubs would struggle with juniors, Charlton and boort aren't that strong either. You add in a macorna, wandella it would be a good league imo

You'd think that it would be immenent that the LV and north central merge though and some golden rivers club join, then it's a 15-16 team comp pretty quickly
I don't know the history of the Maryborough Castlemaine FL, is this what has happened there? Is bloody huge. Be great to see an emergence and successful 16 club league out the back of Vanilla slice country

I don't know the history of the Maryborough Castlemaine FL, is this what has happened there? Is bloody huge. Be great to see an emergence and successful 16 club league out the back of Vanilla slice country
I reckon they merged with the Lexton league a few years ago. It would be good and create a bit of interest instead of doom and gloom of clubs folding or leagues going under, I reckon most of the clubs would be keen

Can’t see a LVFL and NCFL merger happening. Sea lake’s closest LVFL club is roughly a 1 hour 45 minute drive, with some beyond 2 hours. Birchip similar. Simply not feasible.
How many sea lake players come from Bendigo? Most of the ncfl recruits come from south, so it makes sense, as well as locals who move to Bendigo.

Maybe ask hay what's feasible to drive for a game of footy? I think the expectation of a close drive to play footy are gone, with mergers going to happen in the future it's the only way fwd

I reckon they merged with the Lexton league a few years ago. It would be good and create a bit of interest instead of doom and gloom of clubs folding or leagues going under, I reckon most of the clubs would be keen

Some of the old Lexton teams split off into the Central Highlands and some went MCDFNL.
That’s how both leagues have a very high number of clubs compared to most country leagues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back