Heathcote DFL - 2010 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha you are right,but i would like to know who is really coaching Mounts all of a sudden they have forgotten about the other bloke, gee it has been a while i have even forgotten his name:D

Hey Ump.. As president of the all conquering heathcote club why do you deem it necessary to continually take potshots at mounts for, as far as I knew mount pleasant and heathcote having quite a good relationship between players and committee members alike, can't recall any mounts players/supporters kicking the saints when they were down for all those years. Is it just the change rooms issue or does it run deeper than that??

hey gareth ... u any relation to gareth keenan who used 2 post on bfl threads .... maybe just the 1st name the same, eh :thumbsu:

hey gareth ... u any relation to gareth keenan who used 2 post on bfl threads .... maybe just the 1st name the same, eh :thumbsu:

Yeah Einstein hes my brother, our parents decide to call us both Gareth. You just reminded me why I don't read this crap very much anymore. Not much has changed. Thanks zak

I see Mt.Pleasant have appointed Grinton as their coach, Mt.P obviously scraped the barrel as low as possible!

I could never accept a coaching job knowing i wasnt the clubs 1st priority.

Gary have you ever been offfered a coaching job at a decent club-you still have not established any credibility re your comments ie u tell us u have played/coached at a high level-whereabouts and have u ever been bog in a premiership win like grinton
Pls do not reply unless u have some facts to support your critical comments ie put up or f off

I see Mt.Pleasant have appointed Grinton as their coach, Mt.P obviously scraped the barrel as low as possible!

Why not? gives you a chance to impress and then become the clubs 1st choice for the future. Was Paul Roos the clubs first priority with the Swans? That ended up pretty well.:confused:

Hey Ump.. As president of the all conquering heathcote club why do you deem it necessary to continually take potshots at mounts for, as far as I knew mount pleasant and heathcote having quite a good relationship between players and committee members alike, can't recall any mounts players/supporters kicking the saints when they were down for all those years. Is it just the change rooms issue or does it run deeper than that??

Yeah Ump! What is it with you and Mounts? :D:D:D

Fantom

What a dumb comment. You must have the biggest ego in a very small pond! Please tell me how awesome you are, I'm sure your lines are well rehearsed.

Millar was not Colbo's first choice three years ago after Lock left, but he still took the job and won them a flag the following year.

Yeah Einstein hes my brother, our parents decide to call us both Gareth. You just reminded me why I don't read this crap very much anymore. Not much has changed. Thanks zak
And you have reminded us why we havent missed your input. Now piss off back to the Bendigo board and stop stirring trouble.
Regards:thumbsu:

What a dumb comment. You must have the biggest ego in a very small pond! Please tell me how awesome you are, I'm sure your lines are well rehearsed.

Millar was not Colbo's first choice three years ago after Lock left, but he still took the job and won them a flag the following year.

I never said a clubs 2nd, 3rd or 4th coaching option wont be a success, i said i would never take on a job knowing i wasnt a clubs 1st priorty.

One question , you post under the name, "Mount Men" , is that what you do after hours?

Righto lads, hope you all had a great Xmas/New Years period but time to get this thread back up and about.

Surely we're gunna soon read how such and such was spotted chatting to who on Xmas Eve at the pub, or this bloke told me over New Years that a club had offered him $500 a game. If all else fails we're due for some LBU style spruiking ;)

So what have we got?

from what i here lbu arent in any position to spruk at the moment, the only news i have here out of there is that murphy wont be playing. has anyone hered anything else?? been pretty quiet on here lately...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Righto lads, hope you all had a great Xmas/New Years period but time to get this thread back up and about.

Surely we're gunna soon read how such and such was spotted chatting to who on Xmas Eve at the pub, or this bloke told me over New Years that a club had offered him $500 a game. If all else fails we're due for some LBU style spruiking ;)

So what have we got?

Have heard Colbo may have a couple coming from Coburg in addition to the players from Rochy (Cuttriss, Bubb, Latter).

Have heard Colbo may have a couple coming from Coburg in addition to the players from Rochy (Cuttriss, Bubb, Latter).

Yeh they never stay down for too long :thumbsu: So where does it sit?

Is Heathcote still the top dog, a gap to LBU/Elmore/Colbo then North and White Hills????

Is Heathcote still the top dog, a gap to LBU/Elmore/Colbo then North and White Hills????

Talking to a Heathcote player over the xmas period and his opinion is that the gap will narrow a bit and that Elmore will be the main challenger. Elmore have recruited some excellent quality. Young Bryce Scott who has crossed from Sandhurst is not well known around here but I will tell you now the lad can play and will get under people's guard in the first half of thhe year

Talking to a Heathcote player over the xmas period and his opinion is that the gap will narrow a bit and that Elmore will be the main challenger. Elmore have recruited some excellent quality. Young Bryce Scott who has crossed from Sandhurst is not well known around here but I will tell you now the lad can play and will get under people's guard in the first half of thhe year

If he was any good would'nt he be well known?

If he was any good would'nt he be well known?

I knew you'd bob up...happy new year ablett:D

That is a fair point that you make. However I reckon due to the fact that he played in the Central Murray as a kid and was just starting to make a name for himself and then headed over to Albury way and played in the minor league means that he has gone under the radar a bit and will surprise a few possibly even the Elmore blokes

Heathcote is surely still the top dog, they didn't lose a game last year and have again retained players.
Followed by Elmore/North/LBU. For Colbo to go from second last to a major contender would be a impressive effort, not ruling it out but surely would have to see a few games before even considering that.

Heathcote should stay on top but the talls Elmore have recruited combined with some talented mids will see them challenge.

gap to LBU, gap to North, gap to Colbo, White Hills and Leitchville, gap to Mounts and then a massive gap to Huntly.

my prediction for teams:

Heathcote - 1st to 3rd (hungry for a 3peat)
LBU - 2nd to 4th (very quiet from LBU)
Elmore - 1st to 4th (I like what they have done)
North Bendigo - 3rd to 7th (will Lock and Murphy fit in?)
White Hills - 4th to 7th (looks like a skilful group, do they have the strength?)
Mounts - 6th to 8th (coach turmoil early will probably put them a bit behind)
Leitchville - 5th to 8th (recruited well by all accounts but needed to)
Colbo - 4th to 7th (could be the biggest mover)
Huntly - 9th

top 5 at season end:

1. Elmore
2. Heathcote
3. LBU

the other 2 spots will be out of:

North, Colbo and White Hills.

Heathcote is surely still the top dog, they didn't lose a game last year and have again retained players.
Followed by Elmore/North/LBU. For Colbo to go from second last to a major contender would be a impressive effort, not ruling it out but surely would have to see a few games before even considering that.

It would be an impressive effort by Colbo, but didn't they do something similar from 2006 (maybe second last??) to 2007 (grand final). Is my memory correct???

It would be an impressive effort by Colbo, but didn't they do something similar from 2006 (maybe second last??) to 2007 (grand final). Is my memory correct???

They went from 5th and winning the elimination final in 2006 to 2007 runners up. Leagues a tad stronger now as well, which will make it more impressive.

Not for a second saying they can't do it, but until see few games I couldn't consider them contenders and among Elmore etc.

Stix and Stones I think your predictions are right on the money, although still don’t no about mounts they have been very quiet which may be dangerous.

Heathcote should stay on top but the talls Elmore have recruited combined with some talented mids will see them challenge.

gap to LBU, gap to North, gap to Colbo, White Hills and Leitchville, gap to Mounts and then a massive gap to Huntly.

my prediction for teams:

Heathcote - 1st to 3rd (hungry for a 3peat)
LBU - 2nd to 4th (very quiet from LBU)
Elmore - 1st to 4th (I like what they have done)
North Bendigo - 3rd to 7th (will Lock and Murphy fit in?)
White Hills - 4th to 7th (looks like a skilful group, do they have the strength?)
Mounts - 6th to 8th (coach turmoil early will probably put them a bit behind)
Leitchville - 5th to 8th (recruited well by all accounts but needed to)
Colbo - 4th to 7th (could be the biggest mover)
Huntly - 9th

top 5 at season end:

1. Elmore
2. Heathcote
3. LBU

the other 2 spots will be out of:

North, Colbo and White Hills.

Watch out for North i have been told,get some cash on them early while the odds are good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back