HDFL Season 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

are the baggies up to beating taylors lake next sunday? what ive been told their top 12 players are quality but the standard slides away dramatically after that.

I think that has been Swifts big improvement this year in their depth. They bat right down to 18/19 quality players which is more than i can say for the lakers who have a very good top 8 or 9 but seem to drop away. But saying that Taylors have probably have 3 or 4 players in the top 10 in the league.

Smith played the last 2 weeks in the seniors, hurt his hammy in the last game before finals. Will be right for the 2's this week. Jolley put his hand up to play but was overruled by match commitee. Price told the club to stick it the week before after being dropped for the Natimuk debarcle for lack of training. I believe he was back in this week, but for BM to have words with him, resulting in his name on the whiteboard being tossed away. Unsure on Couch's ommission but at $500 a game would have been missed.

Couch had an injured Quad. Maybe they took a bit of a gamble thinking they might win without these players and have them right for semi final. Perhaps the gamble should have been to play them!

Couch had an injured Quad. Maybe they took a bit of a gamble thinking they might win without these players and have them right for semi final. Perhaps the gamble should have been to play them!
Stnias,

Will Couch be back at the Saints next year? Lots of s**t flying at NQ after their capitulation this year, including Dandy already stepping down from the coaching role.

I, for one, had them as favourites before the season started, but as it turned out, was a long way off the mark.

are the baggies up to beating taylors lake next sunday? what ive been told their top 12 players are quality but the standard slides away dramatically after that.

Swifts have already beaten T-Lake twice this year, by 46pts and 35pts with a number of top players out in both games...

i'm finding it hard to see exactly what point it is your trying to make???

Swifts have already beaten T-Lake twice this year, by 46pts and 35pts with a number of top players out in both games...

i'm finding it hard to see exactly what point it is your trying to make???
Swifts should win this one by about 4 goals. That puts another very expensive team (Lakers) out of the race without winning a finals match!

Will the Kees beat Douglas Harrow Miga Lake Balmoral for the first time this year, in the 2nd Semi? Or will the Roos show that they are the team that deserves to be the favourites, as they have beaten the Kees twice already this year? For me it will be the Kees by 4 points!

Wowee. 70 points to the HDMLB boys. Anyone catch the game?

Harrow match up well against kalkee... Wade cant do what he want with Vickery running around in the ruck for harrow... Mibus doesnt give that normal drive from the backline because he has to watch Cam Penny and if he doesnt Penny will kick a bag... Staude can kick a easy 5 with Mills on him very overated player.... Harrow also have Brent Penny who is able to go with Kearney or to watch Wade when he pushes forward...

Congratulations to Tim Wade (19 votes) of Kalkee on winning the 2011 Dellar Family Medal. Equal Runners Up and also equal winners of the best under 21 player were Deek Roberts of Taylors Lake and Addison Milner of Edenhope Apsley (16 votes). Reserves winner was Shane Grigg (E.A.) and runner up Jayson Smith (Swifts).

Congratulations to Wados.

Can the Kees turn it around this week? From reports the Kees didn't handle the small ground at Laharum with the Roos bigger bodies pushing the Kees youngsters around. Could the bigger city oval help them find some space and give us at least one ripper Grand Final?

i think Harrow will win by at least 7 goals... it wont matter how much bigger the city oval is, Harrow are far too physical for the younger, lighter Kalkee bodies.. the roo's also have the mental edge seeing as they've thumped them all 3 times they've played... i also think that Harrow would've been fairly happy with the result of the prelim, as i'm sure they would much rather play Kalkee than Swifts...

i think Harrow will win by at least 7 goals... it wont matter how much bigger the city oval is, Harrow are far too physical for the younger, lighter Kalkee bodies.. the roo's also have the mental edge seeing as they've thumped them all 3 times they've played... i also think that Harrow would've been fairly happy with the result of the prelim, as i'm sure they would much rather play Kalkee than Swifts...

I agree Newo Harrow/Balmoral really should win this one quite easily much taller side and with the forecast to be warm and sunny this should be a pretty one sided match. To be fair i don't think it would have mattered to Harrow both teams would have been spent after Saturday's gruelling Prelim.

As for the Reserves Quantong will win this one by a long way they have been by far the best team this year and will continue on their way.

17's will go to Kalkee and go undefeated. U/14's I wouldn't have a clue but may as well get behind the young Rams.

I'm taking the fleet footed Kees on the big ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will be a very hot day. The young Kalkee side have sworn off the grog for the final series, they might just handle the conditions better on the day. I'm looking forward to a close a game, the Kees by 9 points.

Well done Kee's. Ran over the top of a tiring Roos in the last qtr. Many a draught consumed....:thumbsu:

Bloody good win by Kalkee ! Ran all over harrow looked good all day ! So much for your prediction newo , kalkee far to strong everywhere ! Apparently matt ward gave a few of the kalkee boy's a few inspirational words last Sunday , may have got kalkee over the line !

Kalkee - bloody good side!

Closing Cook to 3WM commentary and especially Peter Miller, stammering and stuttering and constantly getting the players names wrong, disgraceful effort.

Bloody good win by Kalkee ! Ran all over harrow looked good all day ! So much for your prediction newo , kalkee far to strong everywhere !

yeah i'll copp that.. i don't think i was the only one that predicted that tho, it was a bit of a shock to most i think.. i wouldn't go as far as saying they ran over them all day... i thought Harrow were the better side for the first 3 quarters but just couldn't seem to shake them off, then in the last Harrows big blokes ran out of puff and Kalkee's younger, speedier legs took over...

Unlike the Semi Final Wade and Mibus took plenty of marks, Mibus still roaming accross half back but this time Matt Magee going with Penny worked well. Mills had the better of Staude keeping him to one goal. Kalkee players such as Christian and Young ran down many HB players from behind. Christian and Brad Carr and others went in a lot harder and actually had the HB players weary and looking over their shoulders. Bigger ground and hot day worked in Kalkee's favour, Kalkee definately had more run come the last quarter.

who are the club winners?? B&F, Runners up Goal Kicking and any others??
Kalkee:

Seniors: B&F Riley McFarlane ahead of Tim Wade and Harry Young.
Reserves: B&F David Richardson, R/Up Caden Wickes.
U/17s: B&F Josh Webster, R/Up Matt Magee.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back