HDFL Season 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Kalkee thrashing the Lakers by over 150 points was a bit of a shock, especially considering the Lakers performance against Harrow Balmoral in round 11. Kalkee were far superior in every position and in every aspect of the game. I reckon this would now make the Kees premiership favourites. Wade, Mibus, Kearney, Beddison, McFarlane all playing very well at the moment.

A big match this week in T.L. vs N.Q. Hard to say which way this will go with both teams coming off a loss. If N.Q. loose they're likely to be out of the five again. But they should get back in, the order of the final top five will be as it is now.

Good to see Pimpinio finally get a win for the season.

Can we get some interest in the forum, please!

One round to go before finals, so does anyone want to make some predictions on the following?

Senior Premiers?
Senior Runners Up?
Dellar Medalist?
Best Under 21 Player?
Reserves Premiers?
Reserves Runners Up?
Under 17's Premiers?
Under 14's Premiers?

Well it appears that I am talking to myself. But I will go first with some predictions.

KALKEE to win the premiership over Harrow Balmoral. The Kees are in awesome form ATM and know how to win it. I know they have not yet beaten HB this year but they definately have the side with the desire and ability to do so.

To comment on the other sides. The Lakers were abismal versus the Kees, there is no way I can see them making up so much ground. It is too easy to stop the supply to their forward line, so no matter how good Kelm is, he can't make an impact if he doesn't get the ball. NQ and Swifts are on about a par. Both lack to the ball winners in the middle to match it with the top two sides.

In the Seconds GF I will go with NQ to defeat the Lakers. Can't see any side getting close to the Bombers. Too many young players fighting for a spot in the side, requiring them to be training every night. Numbers is the key to a good seconds side. Other clubs don't have this luxury.

In the Under 17's I can't go past the undefeated Kalkee at this stage... too many top class future stars there.

In the 14's it will be between Laharum and Natimuk. I'll tip the Mountain Men.

Deller Medal to Ben Scott - Swifts.
Best Under 21 Player Riley McFarlane - Kalkee.

Spot on with most of that moose taylors lake to easy to stop kalkee should go in as the best side. The only thing I dont agree with is 2s not having numbers it seemed this year that most fielded a side ok. Also ben scott has missed 4 games will be tough to win it from there but he has had a good year!

Spot on with most of that moose taylors lake to easy to stop kalkee should go in as the best side. The only thing I dont agree with is 2s not having numbers it seemed this year that most fielded a side ok. Also ben scott has missed 4 games will be tough to win it from there but he has had a good year!
Thanks for the reply Redlegs,
I reckon each club except for the top three seconds sides would have struggled for numbers at some stage this year. Who would your tip for the Dellar medal be?

sorry moose47 but im gonna have to disagree with ya on that one, if u wanna talk about hunger if losing a couple of grand finals doesn't get u burnin then nothing ever will. harrow have earned there top spot and deserve to be the favourites, an i think past years emotions will push them to the flag. an i think they will beat kalkee in the granny..

as for the other 3, i think swifts are the best of the lot beatin t/l both times by roughly 30+ and beatin N/Q in there last game. so i think it will be a Swi v kalkee prelim.

as for deller medal- if the B&F wasn't a midfielders award i would say Gavin Kelm the bloke has kicked 122g in 16-17 games, he avs something like 8goals a game. so im guessin he has had a few good games in there. but other then him i have no idea.

Thanks for the reply Redlegs,
I reckon each club except for the top three seconds sides would have struggled for numbers at some stage this year. Who would your tip for the Dellar medal be?

Ben scott haha. Although ball is right kelm should poll well however carr and roberts should take alot of votes from each other espcially with the dreadlocks on roberts he does standout

Moose, whats going on out at Quanny? Talked themselves up a heap in the preseason as a real shot at the premiership but now in the final round have been beaten by Natimuk. A bit of agnst in the club over team selection, with Corey Price being left out of the side for yesterdays game. A few heated works spoken after the embarassing defeat apparently.

i think this year the top 5 is very even, all have the ability to take it out...

if the umpires are doin their jobs right Gavin Kelm should win the Dellar Medal but i also think that Brett Hargraves (swifts ruckman) is in with a massive chance

Moose, whats going on out at Quanny? Talked themselves up a heap in the preseason as a real shot at the premiership but now in the final round have been beaten by Natimuk. A bit of agnst in the club over team selection, with Corey Price being left out of the side for yesterdays game. A few heated works spoken after the embarassing defeat apparently.
I haven't heard any news out of NQ yet after their loss to Natimuk. This would have to give Swifts some confidence going into the the Elimination Final, although I would have has Swifts as favourites prior to the last round results.

I haven't heard any news out of NQ yet after their loss to Natimuk. This would have to give Swifts some confidence going into the the Elimination Final, although I would have has Swifts as favourites prior to the last round results.

I heard a certain Quanny player was that disapointed in himself and or his team that he left the Natimuk Reserve in disgust without even showering. I cant see NQ or Swifts having any further impact on the finals whichever team wins.

We should give Natimuk some credit though. How many games did they win, 4 or 5? How many years since they have won that many games in a season?

I heard a certain Quanny player was that disapointed in himself and or his team that he left the Natimuk Reserve in disgust without even showering. I cant see NQ or Swifts having any further impact on the finals whichever team wins.

We should give Natimuk some credit though. How many games did they win, 4 or 5? How many years since they have won that many games in a season?

Which player was it?

Thumbs up to Natimuk. Their best season in years. Whitely is quite popular and apparently more recruits coming on board next year. One colourful egg to be rid of though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tips for this weekend?

Kalkee V Taylors Lake: Kalkee to win easily, although no where near as much as last time they met. Kees by about 10 goals.
Swifts V Noradjuha Quantong: Should be a close match. Swifts by 3 goals.

Quanny went in the game without Jolley, Dandy, Couch and Jye Smith. Apparently BM gave Corey Price his marching orders too. A lot of coin splurged out at QN for not much in 2011.

Quanny went in the game without Jolley, Dandy, Couch and Jye Smith. Apparently BM gave Corey Price his marching orders too. A lot of coin splurged out at QN for not much in 2011.
Dandy dropped himself from the side. Smith has been playing in the seconds. Why were Jolley, Couch and Price not selected?

Dandy dropped himself from the side. Smith has been playing in the seconds. Why were Jolley, Couch and Price not selected?

Smith played the last 2 weeks in the seniors, hurt his hammy in the last game before finals. Will be right for the 2's this week. Jolley put his hand up to play but was overruled by match commitee. Price told the club to stick it the week before after being dropped for the Natimuk debarcle for lack of training. I believe he was back in this week, but for BM to have words with him, resulting in his name on the whiteboard being tossed away. Unsure on Couch's ommission but at $500 a game would have been missed.

Haha so what your saying is they went in with a full strength side? Apart from a whinging Jye Smith? And there best ruckman who wanted to play...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back