Player Watch Harvey Harrison

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn’t say you were offering a knee jerk reaction, I said “the knee jerk reaction” was over the top. I was more referencing posters like HFF who seem to want multiple changes every week.

I’m just playing devil’s advocate. Someone has to make way for Harrison to come into the 22. If not Lippa, who? We generally play with a 7-8-7 starting 22. The 7 forwards on Thursday were Mihocek, WHE, Elliott, Hill, Schultz, McCreery, and Cox/Lipinski sharing the forward-midfield role. You shift Lippa into a more permanent midfield role (assuming therefore a mid is moved to sub) then which of the small forwards covers his midfield rotations? Will it be Harrison or do you move McCreery or Hill or Elliott? And that’s without even factoring in you’re changing something that’s been working (Lippa forward-mid).

I’m ambivalent on Harrison into the 22 as well, but I’m willing to accept the potential cost of doing it. He had an impact ANZAC day and I hope he goes well if they do do it. If it had of been up me though, I wouldn’t have dropped McInnes and I’d have gone into ANZAC day unchanged, Reef the sub again. I think we missed his marking potential late in the game and I think he’s better defensively than Harrison. I wouldn’t even have had Harrison held over for ANZAC day based on his game against Carlton where I thought he had a pretty poor game. I had Macrae, Allan, Bytel, and Sullivan well ahead of him on that game.
I wouldn't be surprised if HH starts sub again. Context is needed when a player comes on in the last Q and looks really good. I don't think we'll make any changes at all.

Harrison's game is unique. No fan has access to the vision or data the club would but it's all recorded. He benefits from elite players around him as he plays above the standard of VFL.

Not every player you mentioned played as well as it may seem. There's more the club looks at to determine whether a player has played well. It involves many statistics the public don't see from Champion Data and footage that isn't broadcast. They'll looked at off-the-ball work, GPS data from running, fitness, etc.

Gee, really? I've frequently said I'll happily defer to the selectors for the very reasons you've listed. We all understand that we're forming opinions based on what we're seeing and the stats that are available to us, without all the data. I've simply given my opinion. Thanks for letting us know Harison got selected because he ran a lot, but my preference is players who impact the game. Harrison had hardly any impact against the Blues. No amount of absent data mitigates that.

I only got to watch the second half intently, but he stood out for me, every touch was terrific, even knocked the ball into space for Nick to run onto for the winner.

He found his manic, I knew he could. We may have found one Sco
He just owned the moment. That intercept mark, the knock on to Naicos, the work up and back and he was so clean all night. He had 5 of his 13 in the last. Stop wasting energy on complaining about Fin missing out and get around him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back