Player Watch Harley Reid isnt leading the rising star so far

Remove this Banner Ad

Typical Australian sports fan doesn’t like anyone showing a tad of personality. Hate to break it to you but the worlds best athletes are arrogant.

I think there is "Arrogance" as in the confidence/ self belief that you're a good player and can get the job done.

Then there is "Arrogance" on a personal level where people think they are gods gift to mankind. Thst type of Arrogance in sport and in life in general is not good.

Sometimes both types of Arrogance gets combined.

Influence > stats

Stats are the most over-rated stat in game with Harley Reid easily the best young player since Chris Judd. In fact I've never seen a young player that has so much presence and aura about him and he backs it up with the way he plays.... he's a jet. We've been blessed with some outstanding young players in recent times but this kid is 'numero uno' and an absolute treat to watch!

Bugger me, I've just realised that it's 'The Eagles' that have drafted both these players in Chris Judd and Harley Reid..... lucky bastards.

Last edited:
Highly doubt he was - players that put themselves ahead of the team ultimately end up playing for themselves. Can’t see him sticking around at West Coast for the long haul. Will likely want to get his name up in lights in Melbourne.

Lol. Well we won't know that for at least another couple of years.

I can see a 2 year extension on top dollar as well as a Max pay rise for year 3.

Guarantees 3 years on top money in the event of injury.

But you can keep dreaming.

Not yet.

The AFL equivalent of Wemby would be Harley Reid x Nic Nat.

Victor is truly an alien.
I get you, more so meant that like Wemby, we've got the unbelievably hyped prospect who's actually lived up to the hype. It's a rare combination.

Both could end up top 5 all time in their respective sports.

I just pointed out that he is arrogant and when asked for proof I gave a valid example - not sure why west coast (and weirdly Carlton) supporters are getting emotional about it - it’s just one persons opinion. I’m sure he will be a good player over the years - I would just say there is question marks on his attitude
Think you just need to develop a sense of humour champ

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When do West Coast (club and fans) get worried about him not extending?

We lived through losing Judd and Cousins within a week of each other in 07. If we can get through that we can get through anything.

We have a really good record when it comes to retaining players, especially the Vic Country kids, he seems to be enjoying the life and the environment over here so so far so good.

It's amazing how the JHF situation at North has really skewed things for high pick interstaters..did he ever enjoy his time at North? Kid was arguing with Goldstein on field during his 11th game..I've only ever seen Reid with a smile since he touched down here.

AFL fans macabrely celebrated Watts not handling the pressure of being number 1. If a healthy dose of arrogance is required to survive the pressures of the braying mob of tall poppy criers, more power to the kid.

There's just something about this guy that I've not seen in any other new player.. He's like Dusty, but way more athletically gifted. The Eagles are going to get a massive boost to their views and memberships with this kid playing for them, akin to how people would go to games just to see Ablett Snr play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back