Hardest Man Ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Neil Dean from nth heidelberg was tough as nails when he played and still is to this day. From what i have heard over the years the Greensborough Nth Heidelberg matches in the 70's and 80's were absolute blood baths. Ricky Abbatangelo would be the best blewer the valley has ever seen.

Nuh this bloke ran around in the 70's apparently.

Must be the same guy that headed home to Broadford to finish his career where it all started, playing in 1984 flag before retiring in 1985.

Lalor hard nut Charlie Serrick 70's 80's:thumbsu:
Definately Charlie Serrick would be up there, but Neil Dean "NO WAY" i thought we were talking tough not filthy, even he will tell you that, if you want one from North, Claud Brown was as hard as they come.
I seen Dave Miers chase Mick Sullivan around the outside of the Greensborough Club rooms one day, i was talkin to Mick about it the other day, we had a laugh.
Here's 2 more
Grant Willmott - Mont (could box)
and Harold Martin has to be in there also (nothing to do with the fact he knocked 4 of my teeth out one day) lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joe Amad was dirty not tough, Robbo was definitely tough but I have to agree with River Rat, Jack Greene was the toughest player ever and he had plenty of skill too, he could drop kick a ball straight into the man on the mark, the ball would rebound back into his hands and he would play on, got to the stage when everyone refused to stand the mark and he just played on anyway :)

Joe Amad was dirty not tough, Robbo was definitely tough but I have to agree with River Rat, Jack Greene was the toughest player ever and he had plenty of skill too, he could drop kick a ball straight into the man on the mark, the ball would rebound back into his hands and he would play on, got to the stage when everyone refused to stand the mark and he just played on anyway :)

Seen a fair bit of Joey Amad during his stint up this way at Seymour and he never came across that way, maybe he mallowed with age. There must be a few Jack Green's out epping way, the one I know doesn't come across as a former hard nut.

i think wade olowyni from lalor was a pretty good bluer. but i dont think you can go past charlie cerick

Biggie Charlie, was a brut. They changed the rules becuase of him. He knocked out so many blokes in a final the DVFL decided to bring in the send off rule if you were reported. Saw him knock out about 6 blokes that day back in about 1980ish. Charlies daughter is very easy on the eye as well, if only I was 15 years younger!!!

Big Woodward from Monty was a fairly tough bloke.

Biggie Charlie, was a brut. They changed the rules becuase of him. He knocked out so many blokes in a final the DVFL decided to bring in the send off rule if you were reported. Saw him knock out about 6 blokes that day back in about 1980ish. Charlies daughter is very easy on the eye as well, if only I was 15 years younger!!!

Big Woodward from Monty was a fairly tough bloke.
I had to laugh, Woody from mont was tough but ive never met a dumber bloke.
I played against Charlie and trust me he was a brute but a good bloke when the game was done. The game he went nuts in was the 1980 Grand Final against Diamond Creek, body's everywhere.
Cheers
icon10.gif

one man takes the cake with this one......goes by the name of Jai Audley from eltham...hardest man out there, people often dont recognise him on the street cos he isnt wearing a bandage around his head...not only is he a hard nut at the footy, he can play too!

one man takes the cake with this one......goes by the name of Jai Audley from eltham...hardest man out there, people often dont recognise him on the street cos he isnt wearing a bandage around his head...not only is he a hard nut at the footy, he can play too!
There's been alot tougher than him over the years and also playing now.

give us your top 5 hardest men uve seen hollywood?
In no order off the top of my head, Trevor Robinson, Matty Ahmet, Patty Curran, Brett Ronchi, Robert Bolzon, theres a few more that opposition players were weary off.
The blokes above were pretty corageous aswell IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back