Happy Australia Day 2024!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I had a great day on Friday until the police came and took me and my mates off the train
Crazy GIF by Moonfall

please Explain..

might be the right time to ask yourself just who it is you really want to side with..

hard right wing Nazi scum that should really be locked up as traitors to this country.. who were clearly out on Australia Day intimidating people and probably looking for a fight against anyone supporting our first nations people on a day they find difficult due to history..

or our first nations brothers who went to war side by side with other Australians like both my grandfathers as ANZACs who actually fought for this country against the Nazi’s..
You know.. people you’d probably now childishly call the “woke left”…

Last edited:
please Explain..

A bunch of neo nazi F wits got taken off a train, they were going to do what they thought was stir up trouble, what I think was get beaten up.

Seriously though, I had a great day, time with the family, every house on the street had their flag out celebrating

Last edited:

might be the right time to ask yourself just who it is you really want to side with..

hard right wing Nazi scum that should really be locked up as traitors to this country.. who were clearly out on Australia Day intimidating people and probably looking for a fight against anyone supporting our first nations people on a day they find difficult due to history..

or our first nations brothers who went to war side by side with other Australians like both my grandfathers as ANZACs who actually fought for this country against the Nazi’s..
Wow. you are taking this thread in one out there direction.

Its just about a celebration of Australia day.Only that.

Wow. you are taking this thread in one out there direction.

Its just about a celebration of Australia day.Only that.
no.. What it should be is just about a celebration of Australia.

what its very quickly becoming is an excuse for the hard right and hard left in this country to dogwhistle to their base.

an opportunity to destroy and deface statues and historical landmarks, an opportunity to abuse and deface the workers and the buildings of private companies who chose not to stock their shelves with AD merch, an opportunity to get out and protest against ”invasions”.. an opportunity for dumb bogans to drape the Aussie flag over their shoulders and yell abuse at anyone who doesnt “look” Australian enough.. and, in that news article I linked to, an opportunity for Nazi scum, who our great ANZAC’s fought against, to dress in paramilitary gear and go roam the streets looking for a fight..

where do you think this is all going if its left to fester?..

Cronulla all over again. This is how it starts.

all coaxed along by populist politicians who see potential votes in it.

WOW.

No wonder You guys got a spanking.

no.. What it should be is just about a celebration of Australia.

what its very quickly becoming is an excuse for the hard right and hard left in this country to dogwhistle to their base.

an opportunity to destroy and deface statues and historical landmarks, an opportunity to abuse and deface the workers and the buildings of private companies who chose not to stock their shelves with AD merch, an opportunity to get out and protest against ”invasions”.. an opportunity for dumb bogans to drape the Aussie flag over their shoulders and yell abuse at anyone who doesnt “look” Australian enough.. and, in that news article I linked to, an opportunity for Nazi scum, who our great ANZAC’s fought against, to dress in paramilitary gear and go roam the streets looking for a fight..

where do you think this is all going if its left to fester?..

Cronulla all over again. This is how it starts.

all coaxed along by populist politicians who see potential votes in it.

Yes it should

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't be a fool.
Indigenous people never owned this country and never will.

What you and your lefty woke friends are doing is being decisive and putting one group of people as more important than others.
They aren't, and never will be.

Hope you Had A Great Australia Day mate.

Wake up and realize why you live in the best country in the world, and quit trying destroy it.🇦🇺

Use to?
Yes. Will never be that way again.

Indigenous people get plenty of respect, but there's no turning back. Migrants have made this country into what it is today. There's no turning back, and nor should we.

The only remarkable thing about the thread so far is just how wildly unsuccessful a trolling effort its been. The effort put in to people taken in ratio is way out of wack.

Yes, for the overwhelming part they weren't ANZACs though, other than a relatively small component in the defence of greece.
I don't want to get into this, because it's semantics, which don't get me wrong can be important

But the fact you had eagleboy liking your post, should give you our anyone pause. Because that guy believes in the great replacement conspiracy.

I'd suggest, when someone says ANZACs they mean the more modern take, which most people accept seems to mean any Australian defence force personnel (or NZ If you are there) who have served in war.

Rather than that specific Corp.

But again, don't won't to get involved in this debate, just pointing it out.

I don't want to get into this, because it's semantics, which don't get me wrong can be important

But the fact you had eagleboy liking your post, should give you our anyone pause. Because that guy believes in the great replacement conspiracy.

I'd suggest, when someone says ANZACs they mean the more modern take, which most people accept seems to mean any Australian defence force personnel (or NZ If you are there) who have served in war.

Rather than that specific Corp.

But again, don't won't to get involved in this debate, just pointing it out.

Deciding that you admit or deny a relatively straight forward fact based upon who agrees or doesn't agree is not a pathway to anything helpful. That's exactly the behaviour that they're engaged in- defining what you believe based upon who you believe you're opposed to.

It's not semantics, its fact. The use of ANZAC is a misnomer, and suggesting that the ANZACs won world war 2 is ahistorical. The term refers to something very specific in history. ANZAC does not refer to the Australian military alone, nor should it be allowed to become a ubiquitous term in substitution for it.

If we can't even identify the difference between two wars then god help is in trying to understand the divergent causes that led to them, or what we ought have learned to avoid repeating them.

Deciding that you admit or deny a relatively straight forward fact based upon who agrees or doesn't agree is not a pathway to anything helpful. That's exactly the behaviour that they're engaged in- defining what you believe based upon who you believe you're opposed to.

It's not semantics, its fact. The use of ANZAC is a misnomer, and suggesting that the ANZACs won world war 2 is ahistorical. The term refers to something very specific in history. ANZAC does not refer to the Australian military alone, nor should it be allowed to become a ubiquitous term in substitution for it.

If we can't even identify the difference between two wars then god help is in trying to understand the divergent causes that led to them, or what we ought have learned to avoid repeating them.
As I said , not really interested in getting too involved

The quote was

the ANZAC’s and their allies,

To most modern Australians, that would be Australians and their allies ( noting the varying ways 'Australians' fought)

Sure you can argue that ANZAC was a specific Corp and that's true it was.

But it feels that boat has sailed in terms of its popular use.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back