Hampden Football League Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems Clocktower (careful how you spell that ) is on the money ..looks like the coach has walked at Terang/Mortlake. There are different reports- his health etc- but this probably isnt the right forum for that kind of speculation...hope he is okay and the club can get it together

How are things tracking along this pre -season?

Koroit picked up anyone apart from O'Connor? Is Liam Hoy going to play there?

Any news on Warrnambool and there players and South?

Port Fairy seems like they should be top 2 or 3 next year if they keep all there kids.

How are things tracking along this pre -season?

Koroit picked up anyone apart from O'Connor? Is Liam Hoy going to play there?

Any news on Warrnambool and there players and South?

Port Fairy seems like they should be top 2 or 3 next year if they keep all there kids.

Not great numbers at W'bool- word was 13 but early days. No idea about South but they are defo up and about which is good for HFL.
Word is Liam Hoy trained on Monday at Vic park...he's got a winter coat on but he'll shed it..good numbers (30ish) with a smattering of kids, and a few district lads trying their luck.....inc Alex Pullin (M'vale).They thought they had a good shot at Matt Colbert but he went to Wbool. tis the silly season though so a lot of water to go under the bridge before you can lock anything in. As for Port ...well let's leave that to Footy hed - mind you he's gone very quiet since Hampden MAD and Roosters Crow set him straight. Personally it would be good for Port to have success...Shaun Murrihey and co are good people who have worked solidly at that club for years but the way the HFNL power brokers are going about it just doesn't sit right with me. Put it this way if I was a Cobden supporter (great juniors- small town etc) I'd be pretty filthy on the league for the leg up they are giving a club like Port- as harsh as it may sound it is practically reward for mismanagement.

is he moving to geelong? how many goals will he kick there I wonder compared to the warrnambool league? 60?

I popped into Souths at FS. Really good numbers, early days i know but there was lots of energy and it looked to be well drilled and the ball wasn't on the ground too often...top 4 i reckon for the roosters

Rumour has it Stui Brown a chance to move to the Dennington Doggies, unsure yet but played a couple of senior games for south and went alright. Could be 5 kg's lighter but has a crack. Good district player, former East player. Plays cricket for D town so might be a few ties there??

So as it turns out the rumor mill about Matthew Sully is churning as reported by someone earlier here around his contract he has with Southport. Southport have declared him a required player from what I have been told. This if true could really throw a spanner into the works.

I heard the same...not sure how binding these contracts are...are they legal docs or toothless tigers with get out clauses...not sure but agree it will make for interesting times at Gardens Oval if so.
Numbers at the Reid for preseason H MAD? D Graham to North W ? Does he do this every year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard the same...not sure how binding these contracts are...are they legal docs or toothless tigers with get out clauses...not sure but agree it will make for interesting times at Gardens Oval if so.
Numbers at the Reid for preseason H MAD? D Graham to North W ? Does he do this every year?

Well it depends a lot on if he has been paid already/owes the club money. But even if Port Fairy offer to pay out doesn't mean that the contract can be broken. I can't see that AFLQ would have toothless contracts.

Yeah pleased with numbers so far! I was expecting less! At this stage Darcy is still a Blue! As are the Turlands that were tipped to leave. Sam Cowling is slowing coming back but not at full training yet. Everyone else looking good! I would expect a different style of gameplay this season though.

Well it depends a lot on if he has been paid already/owes the club money. But even if Port Fairy offer to pay out doesn't mean that the contract can be broken. I can't see that AFLQ would have toothless contracts.

Yeah pleased with numbers so far! I was expecting less! At this stage Darcy is still a Blue! As are the Turlands that were tipped to leave. Sam Cowling is slowing coming back but not at full training yet. Everyone else looking good! I would expect a different style of gameplay this season though.
Good work mate sounds like it will be watch this space sort of thing...agree on blues - in my book they had one of the better teams on paper last year (that is, their overall 21 I felt were better than both ports and as good as norths.)

Ports top 3-4 are as good as anyone's, but their No's 16-21 are average. I'm also old enough to know that you discount the blues at your peril. That club has won more games than anyone when they are not meant to or are on the supposed slide. I like their leadership selections esp the ruckman..their challenge could be to rediscover their unity ...its never been about talent at the Reid.

Lastly...a predication... port will be very strong but their achillies heel in my humble opinion will be......

Fitness (across the starting 21)

Good work mate sounds like it will be watch this space sort of thing...agree on blues - in my book they had one of the better teams on paper last year (that is, their overall 21 I felt were better than both ports and as good as norths.)

Ports top 3-4 are as good as anyone's, but their No's 16-21 are average. I'm also old enough to know that you discount the blues at your peril. That club has won more games than anyone when they are not meant to or are on the supposed slide. I like their leadership selections esp the ruckman..their challenge could be to rediscover their unity ...its never been about talent at the Reid.

Lastly...a predication... port will be very strong but their achillies heel in my humble opinion will be......

Fitness (across the starting 21)

What is happening with North Warrnambool? Apart from Johnstone who wlese have they picked up and lost? Should they be favourites again ahead of Koroit?

What is happening with North Warrnambool? Apart from Johnstone who wlese have they picked up and lost? Should they be favourites again ahead of Koroit?
Possibly mate but the knock on North from a lot of people i talk to from all clubs is that until they have done something eg actually won a flag then they will always have a question mark over them. Koroit, Port, North, South, Cobden or Portland to make up my 5.

Possibly mate but the knock on North from a lot of people i talk to from all clubs is that until they have done something eg actually won a flag then they will always have a question mark over them. Koroit, Port, North, South, Cobden or Portland to make up my 5.
Wouldn't be making any predictions about Portland until they find out what's happening with the smelter

Portland has lost jay moody again, this time to north Ballarat roosters, he and lochie huppatz are both playing there.
Not looking to good down at tiger land

Remove this Banner Ad

Back