XBX1 Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Remove this Banner Ad

I bought this last week since it was amazing I'd gone 3 years without grabbing it beforehand.

Plus the rumours of them fixing the game finally made me make the plunge. I never played Halo 4's campaign so it'll be good to give that a whirl finally.

The single player has always been fine. It's an outstanding collection in that regard. The remakes for 1 and 2 are fantastic.

The problems were always on the multiplayer side but I'm guessing that with the likes of Fortnite and Overwatch you won't spend too much time with it.

The single player has always been fine. It's an outstanding collection in that regard. The remakes for 1 and 2 are fantastic.

The problems were always on the multiplayer side but I'm guessing that with the likes of Fortnite and Overwatch you won't spend too much time with it.

If I ever bother renewing my Gold sub I might give it a whirl, but pretty doubtful I spend much time in multi.

g3Y1TD.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did it end up getting fixed for Xbox? I had the MCC for ages and remember most of the online didn’t work.

I was playing it before it was fixed. My understanding is that it works but not particularly well. So hopefully they make that a priority for the PC port.

MCC had a troubled launch no doubt about it but it's problems have been greatly exaggerated. People make it seem like it took entire years for MM to work at all but I was getting (slayer) games only a few months at most after launch- with 20+ wait times granted.

It's got steadily better but the update around mid 2015 was the big upgrade-which means that MCC has had a decent MM for the vast majority of its lifetime.

Now (after the recent update) its purring like a kitten. Match composer is awesome and you get matches (even non-traditional game modes) easily.
My understanding is that it works but not particularly well.
See above. MCC has basically one of the lowest matchmaking times around. Easily better than Doom, Titanfall, Overwatch , etc. Or even Destiny 2 for that matter.

Halo Reach is up now. The update is 42 GB but that includes updates from other titles. To prioritise Reach go to:

1. Options and Career
  2. Settings
  3. Gameplay
  4. Installed Games
Then prioritise Reach by Left Bumpering until its all the way to the left.

Have to say it is taking time to get used to playing Halo on a mouse and keyboard, especially someone like me who has only just started getting back into multiplayer FPS PC titles after consoles. As someone who is a newb when it comes to DPI, do you guys game on a high or low dpi? At the moment I'm torn between 1200 dpi or 1600 dpi.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back